DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you get the micro sd card out

Motorcycle Rider

Reactions
Okay, this seems ridiculous, but I cannot get the micro sd card out of my mavic mini. If I have to leave it in there, will it just keep recording over the old files at least?

Okay, this seems ridiculous, but I cannot get the micro sd card out of my mavic mini. If I have to leave it in there, will it just keep recording over the old files at least?
If you have fingernails, just push up against the edge of the card where it's mounted inside the mini. It's spring-loaded, and will just pop out a little towards you, and then you can pull it out the rest of the way. If you don't have fingernails, try pushing a pen cap or something of similar size against the edge of the card that you see while mounted in the mini, and it will pop out a little.

Just did a ton of searching and really can't find any videos showing the process. It is kind of like a toggle. As mentioned above, it is spring loaded. When you insert the card, it effectively pushes in on a spring. Once in, pressing the very narrow edge of the card IN should trigger the spring to push it out just enough to grab its edge.

The closest video I could find was a Gopro

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Other option use something like a coin. Press on to push in and it will release from the latch. Worse case and can’t get out, once uploaded your vid/pics , just format it and your good to go with full memory.

A number of years ago, I purchased an Asus tablet of some kind. I put my micro sdcard in. Well, the spring did not work. Took me about 15 minutes trying various very thin things to grab onto the very fine edge and lever it out. Of course, I was not satisfied that it really was broken and inserted the card again. It really was a broken sring/latch. But I had mastered the extraction. Returned the tablet!

Thanks everyone!
I can get the cards out of everything else, but this has me stumped. I will try those tips.

I recently had an SD card hang up in a camera even after the catch had released, but I was able to remove it using the tweezers from the miniature Swiss army knife I carry on my key ring. My greatest "life tip" is to get one of these knives. I've carried one (not the same one) for nearly 50 years and I generally use it a couple of times a day.
SwissArmyKnife.jpg

I recently had an SD card hang up in a camera even after the catch had released, but I was able to remove it using the tweezers from the miniature Swiss army knife I carry on my key ring. My greatest "life tip" is to get one of these knives. I've carried one (not the same one) for nearly 50 years and I generally use it a couple of times a day.
View attachment 103148

The best tool to carry in every bag, on every key chain?
A Swiss Army Knife!

Free advice, from StubbornSwiss!!

Using a pointy object gives me the eebbee geebees incase it 'delaminates' the card, if I have to use a knife etc. I use the back of the blade, not its point or edge

I have a Mavic Pro 2 and the micro SD is so difficult for my short fingers I just leave it in there. I use the DJI download cable and the menu in the GO4 app to format it.

Trying to remove the that micro SD card I've had shoot it halfway across the room. And if you remove it outside and drop it good luck finding it

" that micro SD card I've had shoot it halfway across the room" I've had the happen to me too but normally when trying to put it in and my finger nail slips.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sd card is spring latched. Press until it clicks an it will pop out. Be careful to keep your fingers on it, as I have had one pop out into the snow on the ground. I carry a pair of tweezers I my case to help. Re-insert the same way, press until it clicks and latches.
On you other question, it will not automatically overwrite, but there is a format option.
I usually remove the card after a flight ad view it on my computer or smart TV, and save any thing good. I the format the card on the next flight.

Last edited:
Use a ball point pen tip. Push in firmly and it will pop out enough to grab it. Works for me every time.

I add a piece of clear tape to the end of the card folded over, so there's a little flap hanging out. This makes it easier to grab and pull after pushing it in to release. (Did the same on my MA)

Those microSD cards are sooo small. I also use the folded tape trick. The "flap" helps me easily see that there is a card inserted in the mini and also helps me find it when it pops out on the floor.

A last resort might be to take the mini's case off to give better access to the card socket. Only 4 screws I think and DJI will never know...

I'm so grateful for this thread - I thought it was just me! :)

I don't believe it's an exaggeration to say that removing and inserting the micro SD card is the most difficult thing in using a Mavic Mini. I've managed to launch the card over to the other side of the room when ejecting it, and somehow, get it into the battery bay when inserting it.

Oh well, First World Problems and all that!

All of you are awesome, thanks.
I did get it out, used a flat blade screwdriver.
Glad also to hear that I wasn't the only one struggling with the micro sd card.
It surprised me that I couldn't get it out, then a sigh of relief when i finally did.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BugHunter