DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you like your new Mavic 2?

Do you like your new Mavic 2?

• Total voters
Everything looks easy on Youtube. I saw a guy sand and finish his deck in under 2 hours. I decided to give it a shot, heck, it could only take 2 hours! 2 weeks later I was still sanding. Now, when I see something on Youtube that looks as easy as 1-2-3, my wife reminds me of the deck, and I am quickly dissuaded.
A couple of screws and two ribbon cables... not exactly refinishing a deck.

From my experience, give a "normal" user a ribbon cable to disconnect/reconnect and most of them will break or tear it.

Reactions: Former Member
From my experience, give a "normal" user a ribbon cable to disconnect/reconnect and most of them will break or tear it.

I agree. And since those ribbon cables will not be available for weeks or months, you get one shot at it. Break the delicate ribbon, and you have a $600 gimbal paperweight.

Depends on who is turning the screws and disconnecting the ribbons. Do you do your own oil changes? I dont.
On my boat, yes. Not on my car.

I also repaired 4 TVs that’s were damaged from a nearby lightning strike, all thanks to the help from YouTube. This weekend I will adjust the valves on my aging golf cart(thanks to YouTube, of course).

Last edited:
Reactions: superdave5050
On my boat, yes. Not on my car.

I also repaired 4 TVs that’s were damaged from a nearby lightning strike, all thanks to the help from YouTube. This weekend I will adjust the valves on my aging golf cart(thanks to YouTube, of course).

Members here seem to be either artists/photographers, or mechanical types. In my experience, "never the twain shall meet" in one person. It's rare to have a photographic artist be able to repair his/her own drone, nor would they ever attempt it. Right brain vs. left brain. My skull tilts to the left. :)

Members here seem to be either artists/photographers, or mechanical types. In my experience, "never the twain shall meet" in one person. It's rare to have a photographic artist be able to repair his/her own drone, nor would they ever attempt it. Right brain vs. left brain. My skull tilts to the left. :)

I am CERTAINLY not a photographer or artist. I enjoy drones a will get lucky will a cool picture or two ocassionally.

Your theory pans out in this case.

I would certainly like it a lot more if it had actually been delivered yet o_O

Mostly a tech here but have liked and done photo/video for quite a while as well. Now whether the artistic value of that can qualify in any way I don't know :D

Flickr

Do you have a vid ?
Don't know if this will work, but here is a link to a video I did yesterday. Shot in 4K HQ and zoomed in post to 1080. I think it looks pretty good for zooming in that far. Not a long clip because it was about 2 miles from my house and about 10 seconds after I spotted the first coyote I got the RTH notification.

Coyotes 9-10-18

Don't know if this will work, but here is a link to a video I did yesterday. Shot in 4K HQ and zoomed in post to 1080. I think it looks pretty good for zooming in that far. Not a long clip because it was about 2 miles from my house and about 10 seconds after I spotted the first coyote I got the RTH notification.

Coyotes 9-10-18
Looks a lot better if you download it as opposed to streaming. Might be the 80000 bitrate.

I'm a photographer so I'm 90% photos but so far well worth the investment IMHO. Obviously us early adopters pays the premium price but don't mind... this is absolutely one awesome bird!

Same, ive take maybe 90 seconds of video in total to test things since ive had it. Compared to several hundred images.
The camera for what i want it for is a massive improvement to the M1 (which isnt hard).

I would do my own oil changes if it weren't so darn messy!
I have done some repairs on my cars though. The idle valve was a real pain. Simple part, two screws holding it. Only problem was they were tight and in a spot I couldn't get any torque. Had to pull the whole throttle body which was stuck hard to the manifold.

I upgraded from the M1P. I think the M2P has a clearly better camera with uniformity edge to edge (no soft spots although the corners are of course a bit softer, but equally) and superior low light performance. Coming from the M1P (not platinum) you really do feel the extra 5 minutes or so useful battery and the overall drone feels less flimsy (although the M1P was no slouch aside from the fragile gimbal). The software features the M2P has all work well (I love the hyper lapse) and if they replace the OBVIOUS missing features (waypoints and precision landing) it will be a great drone for years to come.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc