DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How does everyone transfer their videos to their computers?

My specs are solid (listed below) but the sumbitch cannot play them smoothly.. Frustrating.. I did have a good video card in this laptop but it crapped the bed and I had to go back to the onboard GPU.. It's not CPU or memory.. I think it may be disk i/o but that's where I'm puzzled.. I copied the .mov file to my SSD and it still studders.. It's only doing reads I don't think it's disk I/O either so I'm really puzzled..

Graphics Adapter Description Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000

That's the main issue IMHO: on my laptop I was almost unable to playback 2.7K due to stuttering because it was using the integrated GPU, I activated the discrete one and they started to play OK.
But you can get to see them way better if you, as someone else said, switch from MOV to MP4: they're way lighter both in terms of MBytes and GPU power needed to view them. Also see if you're using too high a resolution, I found out that many times all I need is just full-HD @ 1080*1920

It's also worth checking the software you're using as well, I have a couple of Core-m powered tablets (Intel's low power processor, just above the Atoms) which can play Mavic 4k footage without issue but only with certain applications.

John

First time I ever pulled my SD card out of the Mavic it was a PITA. I too had to use a small screwdriver and some tweezers to get it pulled out. After that first time though I have not had any problems at all, I just give it a little push with my fingernail and it pops right out. The spring is pretty strong on mine and sometimes it will throw it all the way out of the slot. Anyway I just pop the card into a reader and pull it directly off the card. I usually carry an extra card with me when I am out in the field just in case.

What software are you trying to play with?
Your integrated graphics are too old to support hardware decoding of 4K footage, and most video players can only use one CPU core so won't be able to get enough oomph to decode with just one on your 6-year old CPU.

Just using Windows Media Player.. So if I replaced my dead addon GPU with another AMD FirePro M8900 (2GB) do you think that would resolve the issue?

No, that's still too old anyway. GPUs with 4K video decoding support didn't come out before 2013 or so as far as I know.

Reactions: BmrUpInTheSky
The spring is pretty strong on mine and sometimes it will throw it all the way out of the slot.
The spring is pretty strong in mine too. I have to be careful to catch it. Once it popped out, hit the kitchen floor and bounced under the fridge, had to move the fridge to retrieve it.

Reactions: I_Like_Drones
What software are you trying to play with?
Your integrated graphics are too old to support hardware decoding of 4K footage, and most video players can only use one CPU core so won't be able to get enough oomph to decode with just one on your 6-year old CPU.

Shouldn't the CPU be spiking if the GPU can't handle the workload?

My SD card is easy enough to get in and out but to make it even easier, I put a small 1/2" long Scotch tape tab on the top end so there is something to grab on to.
Simple

Can the Micro SD card be formatted with NTFS files system rather than the FAT32? I know on my P3 Advanced my longer videos are split at about 4GB due to FAT32 formatting.

Sd adapted into sd card reader in MacBook and import into imovie & then do with as I please.

Nope.. Didn't even know you could.. I'll search for how to do that and give it a try..

Thanks!!

I only record in MP4. Don't really know the benefits between using one versus the other, just have been more familiar with that format so just gravitated towards it by default.

Reactions: Oconnb910
I had the same problem. It's a bad batch of the 16GB Lexar cards they ship with their products, they're too thick. Measure that card with a micrometer, then compare it to basically every other microSD card you have. I had the same issue on my P4 back in December.

Fine grit sandpaper will fix that problem. A few runs on each side should be enough. Just be careful not to sand the contacts.

This is the card I have:

71SX1EIQ7LL._SY450_.jpg

Good to know those work. I wasn't sure if they would be fully compatible with the Mavic.

I find it to be a royal PITA to pop the microsd card out.. It is so hard for me to pull out.. Like I need a set of needle nose or something..

Then to put it in the SD Card, then pop it in..

Thinking of at least getting a USB 3.0 microsd card reader but still have to take it out which is the real hard part..

Anyone else have this issue?
No, it's super easy since the dentist pulled my front teeth out which makes it impossible to bite my fingernails which in turn have grown to a length making them great tweezers. You can sinc your pics to your dji app and then Dropbox them before deleting.. You can use to your computer and drag them over using a micro [drone] to usb comp or you can mail your 'Eye-in-the-Sky' over to me in queens and I'll take it from there. Literally take it. Lol. Good luck!

Shouldn't the CPU be spiking if the GPU can't handle the workload?
Yes, you should see it if you use a proper task manager that shows individual cores. If the program uses only one core it won't look like anything on Windows' task manager, it will just "peg" at either 25% or 12.5% if you have an HT-capable CPU and look like nothing special.

My card just pops out like it should. My 2010 Mac has a hard time processing 4K video (may need to upgrade to SSD) so I use a SD card reader to lightning cable to transfer 4K to my phone for editing. I keep 4K recording sessions short (PTA) so it's easier to work with.

Ive transfered files by hooking up a usb directly to the mavic through the access on the opposite side of the body and by removing the card and transferring. It seems faster by removing the card and putting in my pc and transferring
I was doing this at first, but after the last upgrade I can no longer do that on my Mac for some reason. A question I have is >>>> Why can't we format the card in a Mac instead of in the app? That's just plain stupid. When I try to format it, it says "Read Only"

What am I missing? I've never pulled the SD card to transfer videos from the Mavic. I've always used a USB cable from the Mavic to my computer. Transfer might be a little slower but much simpler.

Reactions: Drone Master
I find it to be a royal PITA to pop the microsd card out.. It is so hard for me to pull out.. Like I need a set of needle nose or something..

Then to put it in the SD Card, then pop it in..

Thinking of at least getting a USB 3.0 microsd card reader but still have to take it out which is the real hard part..

Anyone else have this issue?

Yes got to be easier wasy...

After each flight where I have taken stills or video I remove the 64GB card from the Magic and transfer the footage to my Mac via USB3, formatting once placed back in the Mavic each time. Works for me.

Fly safe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002