DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How does this forum/website prevent the accursed adverts at the start of a linked to Youtube

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

playing when we click on a video in a post.
I.e. if, here, I click on a video in a post the video starts to play straight away.
Whereas if I go to the you tube site and start the same video I often get a delay and then 'oh so slightly annoying' adverts or the skip the adverts message. The adverts etc. are getting right up my nose.

playing when we click on a video in a post.
I.e. if, here, I click on a video in a post the video starts to play straight away.
Whereas if I go to the you tube site and start the same video I often get a delay and then 'oh so slightly annoying' adverts or the skip the adverts message. The adverts etc. are getting right up my nose.
My impression is that adverts aren't inserted before the embedded player — the one you'd put in a web page — starts. If you're on YT's site you get advertised at left, right, and center. Annoying but they've got to keep the lights burning.

That's just my impression; someone else might know for sure.

[eta] It could be that you can pay for YT to skip adverts on your site. Don't know if they've tapped that revenue source yet.

Reactions: Derek H
My impression is that adverts aren't inserted before the embedded player — the one you'd put in a web page — starts. If you're on YT's site you get advertised at left, right, and center. Annoying but they've got to keep the lights burning.

That's just my impression; someone else might know for sure.

[eta] It could be that you can pay for YT to skip adverts on your site. Don't know if they've tapped that revenue source yet.
Oh I keep getting prompts for the Family service or premium service or something similar from youtube, it's a pity there isn't a "Don't show me this doo doo again button" for it. The 'service' probably gives ad free viewing but it will be a cold day in Hell before I pay for that.

Ha adverts everywhere nowadays but you wonder of all the available items on this earth they always show the most boring and worthless things in our everyday life ,I reallyhate watching YouTube and add pops in during the vid Aaarrrggg lol ,they say commercials pay for the programs or vids we watch, at least the adds on the forum are drone related and not a ab king fitness gadget I'm good,,in saying that I notice more advert blocking adds coming up ,,,next add will be toilet stop time then return to the device

NXT on so off to watch it between the adverts

Last edited by a moderator:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear