DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh, The process of activating using a video, when it's been over 48 hours since your purchase.

cgmaxed

Reactions
I bought my Air2s over 1 mnth ago from Best Buy, but didn't buy care refresh. I later used the video confirmation procedure to activate it. It's a lot easier than you may think. 1st they don't need a video of the AC flying around. They only use video from your RC app screen. You turn on video capture and do the following things. Note; they won't approve an edited video, so don't shorten or cut your video. It must be the whole uncut version.

1) Turn on the AC and RC and go to the camera screen
2) Turn on the VIDEO CAPTURE software and go back to the RC video screen
3) Scroll down to where the AC units ID numbers are on the app in the ABOUT section.
4) Fly the drone upward and then move the gimbal up and down, left to right if you want as well.
5)Land the drone and do a gimbal calibration
6)Go to the Aircraft Status screen/ Precheck flight screen. The screen should say all systems NORMAL.
7)Turn of the screen recorder
8) Upload the video to YOUTUBE
9) Fill out the form on the DJII CARE website and put the link to the YOUTUBE video on the form.
10) Click Submit, and they give you a response in 24 hours.

I was approved right away and paid 99 US dollars for my AIR2S Care Refresh for a 1 year, 2 drone replacement.
My major reason for purchasing it, is that I use it to drop fishing bait out over the ocean as far as my fishing line will allow. It's a very precarious procedure to perform. There is always a risk of the drone losing control or the fishing line getting blown into the props and down she would go. I had this happen to my MAV2AIR just last week, so I'm not going to take any chances with the AIR2S. I was able to pull my MAV2AIR back into shore, but I had already used 2 DJI Care replacements. The salt water destroyed the drone. That was it's final mission. I'll be damned if I'm going to let that happen to the AIR 2S.

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE VIDEO I SENT THEM. I spent a lot of time looking for The PREFLIGHT check screen. After the gimbal calibration you can skip to the near end of the video at 5:52 to see that part.

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost