DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How high can you still see your Mavic?

Chirp

Reactions
I would like to know, from you experienced pilots who have gone higher than I have at 100 feet,

Can you still see the Mavic clearly at 400 feet AGL?

Of course it depends on your eyesight and age and the weather, but generally can you still see it clearly at 400'?

Thanks!!!

I can easily see it at 400 feet. Unless it is windy or otherwise noisy outside I can hear it too.

Reactions: Chirp
I see it easily at 400', just flew today and still saw it at 1000'

Last edited:
I can see it at 400, but the real test is whether you can re-acquire it if you've looked away or down at the tablet. Color comes into play, with darker colors easier to see. The new white Mavic might be a challenge. The control range is a lot further than most anyone can see with unaided eye. You will need to be sure you can fly the screen (fpv) and be able to determine direction from the map and icon representing your bird, especially if you are in terrain that isn't familiar. If you can do that you can handle the occasional line-of-sight loss or disorientation.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMF, Chirp and pixl
I would like to know, from you experienced pilots who have gone higher than I have at 100 feet,

Of course it depends on your eyesight and age and the weather, but generally can you still see it clearly at 400'?

Thanks!!!
There is a thread here where they multiple people confirmed it was visible to almost 1200 feet. I will try to post a link to the thread.

Can see it at 400ft but look away for a second and I've lost it.

Thanks!!!
For me, it is not the height that is the problem, it is the range. 400 feet above me is easy to see but you get it out there a ways and it soon becomes a very small dot. When I loose sight of it I will stop and locate it on the map, then juke it up/down and right/left while I try to regain visual. A pair of binoculars will come in handy.

There is a thread here where they multiple people confirmed it was visible to almost 1200 feet. I will try to post a link to the thread.

I have watched my drone up to almost 3000 ft away. It was on a cloudy day with a nice white backdrop and I watched it the whole time as it flew out. But after looking down at the iPad and then trying to find it again was impossible.

I have watched my drone up to almost 3000 ft away. It was on a cloudy day with a nice white backdrop and I watched it the whole time as it flew out. But after looking down at the iPad and then trying to find it again was impossible.

Lol, exactly, the minute you take your eyes off of it, it disappears.

Reactions: ATLDroner
Good question and good previous response- if I look away, I can’t find it on any conditions at 100+ feet. But I am an old guy with old eyes that love droning

Reactions: ATLDroner
I haven't been above 300ft yet, really i have no reason to even go that high where im at, But watching it fly away from me at 2000 ft it is just a spec in the sky, a grain of sand hahaha and like most have said, if you look away for a nano second, you wont be able to spot it. Like another pilot wrote, he uses his strobes even during the day, i do too as well, it will bring it back into sight much quicker than without them, get the BRIGHT WHIITE, they give off the most visibility

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3