DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How i am Handling the GPS Waiting Game!

There was a solar storm that was significant enough to knock a bunch of satellites of Space-X recently. Like 40-50 satellites fell and burned up in earths atmosphere.

Maybe the solar storm affected our drones also. I don’t really know much about the topic but others here may.
There was a storm but only the Space x were included in those take downs. and not the one the Mavic 3 uses.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. Land on the Water

A recent solar storm was severe enough to knock a number of Space-X spacecraft off course. Around 40 to 50 satellites crashed and perished in the earth's atmosphere.

Perhaps our drones were also impacted by the solar storm. Others here may know more about the subject than I do, though.
GPS is working perfectly today

Reactions: GadgetGuy
As I understand it, the solar storm that knocked out Space-X satellites was due to the low orbital altitude of the satellites. The solar storm caused the atmosphere to expand and the introduction of air resistance to the satellites caused their orbit to decay.

GPS satellites are in a much higher orbit.

Takes my M3 using the DJI RC controller 45 seconds to 1 minute to register 12 to 18 satellites on most days. The longest I have waited is around 2 minutes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada