DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How long shall a Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Or Mavic 2 Last? Without any Crash of course!

Great question, but asked in the wrong forum. This forum isn't ran by DJI. For that you will need to go to the DJI website.
Am not really sure if DJI monitors their forum very often. I had asked almost the same question and I hope i get the closest answer to it.
But other experience says a lot far better. that’s the purpose of this thread I thought, To collect others experiences with their AC and get or conclude some clues ?.

It IS a good question, and should probably be in the general discussion forum to get more thoughts. DJI’s forum isn’t the right one though because I’d bet my next 4 paychecks they’d never answer it.
LOL, yes that is true!

Check this Answer from an approve vendor and a premium pilot from General Discussion. I Hope it will give us all the answer?

I've flown my MP1 2,800 miles over 18 months and still going strong.
Are you serious? That is very impressive. I am not worried about the motors, I stay away from sand etc. But I suspect the cables in the arms and especially the gimbal cable could go bad from twisting. Have you ever replaced cables or the gimbal? Thanks

Reactions: AbUAVdC
Are you serious? That is very impressive. I am not worried about the motors, I stay away from sand etc. But I suspect the cables in the arms and especially the gimbal cable could go bad from twisting. Have you ever replaced cables or the gimbal? Thanks

I've purchased mounting plate with rubber bands for gimbal but haven't replaced yet. Sometimes camera is tilted more than it should. No cable replacements. Here's airdata usage stats...Screenshot_20190629-225913.png

Reactions: Bob4131 and AbUAVdC
I've purchased mounting plate with rubber bands for gimbal but haven't replaced yet. Sometimes camera is tilted more than it should. No cable replacements. Here's airdata usage stats...View attachment 76637
That is alot of flying. I was thinking I might have to replace the gimbal cable soon, looks like I have a ways to go before worrying. ? Thanks!

You will crash, upgrade or otherwise dispose of your Mavic before you wear it out.

Fly it like you stole it.

And don’t worry about the wiring in the arms or the camera ribbon. What? You don’t think DJI factored in the number of expected actuations to determine suitability?

Reactions: Bob4131
You will crash, upgrade or otherwise dispose of your Mavic before you wear it out.

And don’t worry about the wiring in the arms or the camera ribbon. What? You don’t think DJI factored in the number of expected actuations to determine suitability?
A stock M1 flown in sport mode often will heat the motor leads up, eventually hardening the insulation and in one case I've seen, fracture the copper inside. DJI rates the hinges for 5000 cycles but doesn't factor in aging of the wire insulation.

So in short, fly the props off and enjoy.

I'm new to flying a DJI 2 Pro. From an engineers point of view, life-span would also be affected by flying styles, if you spend a lot of time in 'tripod' mode, or if you like flying around at high speed and changing direction aggressively in 'sport' mode, then you know it will lower the life span of critical parts.
Also, how you open the arms, do you let them spring out to the dead stop, or do you open them slowly, and gently controlled to their fully opened dead stops?
Just a thought.

Indeed

Last edited:
Am not really sure if DJI monitors their forum very often. I had asked almost the same question and I hope i get the closest answer to it.
But other experience says a lot far better. that’s the purpose of this thread I thought, To collect others experiences with their AC and get or conclude some clues ?.

The question on motor life has come up previously (many times) and been answered previously.

DJI use brushless motors. They have no moving parts, therefore they do not wear out.

The only thing that will wear is the bearings.
Yes they have a finite life.
Yes they are easy to source.
Yes they are easy to replace.
Yes the search function on the forum works.

Last edited:
my PS3 is 3 + yrs old and still flies like new
My Mavic Air is a whole nuther story. Had it for just over a year but had a total of 9 flights that probably had total flight time of less than an hour. all flights were in the most ideal conditions and it was babied, never so much as a bump or bad landing, always kept in in it's case, etc.

I went to fly it about a month ago and the only issue was it said firmware needs updating. I update to whatever the most current DJI GO4 was at the time and when I then attempted flight, a whole series of error codes came back.

Long story short, the main core board needs replacing and I sent it to DJI though out of warranty I know that core board fail was not caused by me. They wouldn't give me a answer as to why after flight life time of 45 min. the board would die while updating firmware. Anyway, they wanted $220. for a new board, $130. to install. Told them to send it back unfixed. I ordered a new factory DJI Main core board from ebay for $36. (dunno why they got so cheap allofasudden), it's in transit and will lyk when I get it flying again.

You may want to pay attention to where you type in responding- it is very confusing when you type within the quoted text. I don't agree with your suggestion that my comment might only apply to well off hobbyist. If you can pony up for your first mavic/phantom you will progress to later models if you have a genuine interest in the hobby.

Yes, For well off hobbyist I am pretty sure they’ll do that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer