DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many batteries?

MKurr

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
When I got my Mavic Pro I had one battery, now I have two, do you think I should get a third one or is two enough. I don't really use it every day for hours, mostly just about one flight a day making videos for my channel, sometimes I fly more often...

So, do you think I should buy anther battery?

If I did what you are doing, 2 is plenty. The more batteries you have the more you need to make sure you use them, and when not using them, to store them and cycle them properly.

I would place numbers on your batteries, and make sure to rotate them and use them equal amounts of time.

It sounds like two is the perfect number for you. With 3 (or more) batteries, you're just going to spend more time maintaining extra batteries that you're likely not going to use often.

Is there an echo in here? :)
That was unnecessary.
When I got my Mavic Pro I had one battery, now I have two, do you think I should get a third one or is two enough. I don't really use it every day for hours, mostly just about one flight a day making videos for my channel, sometimes I fly more often...

No more than you are flying you should be good. I have 5
With my MP and just 3 so far with my M2P but plan on 2 more. I fly a lot and might only use 1/2 a battery in one spot then move to another spot so I change out to a fresh one.
If I am just flying in one location I will burn the whole battery down but will not start out in another location with a battery that I have partially used.

i have 4 for my PH3S and 4 for my MPP i usually fly them down to around 50% ,and then they are ok for storage till i next charge them and fly, and like the others they are numbered i also have a charger that will charge 3 batts at the same time in around an hour, i would stick to genuine dji batts if you are going to get more i know they are more expensive than generic ones ,but to me that is out weighed by the fact that they are a very important item for keeping your mav airborn , happy flying

Last edited:
The number of batteries that you need is quite simple. If you have N batteries the number you need is N+1 Always ! :)

As a long time stills photographer and videographer I take enough batteries for the job plus one. There is always a possibility a battery will fail. Of course if you are not working professionally and can afford to stop a shoot it is less of an imperative just an inconvenience. Besides all batteries have a finite life and they get less efficient. So one day one of your batteries will give you 15 mins instead of 20 so you will need the extra battery.

for my M2P I have the fly more kit therefore 3 batteries. I don't fly every day all day and it is plenty for me. I might consider a 4th battery because my case will hold 4 and the charger will hold 4 batteries. That will give me about 80 mins video time and helps my OCD :) it is unlikley I will need more than that.

That said some people are happy with one battery and others have 12.

I have three batteries which suits my needs. The other thing to take into account, the controller and screen batttery life. Not sure how many batteries you can use until the controller/screen battery life dies but might be worth taking that into consideration too.

It all comes down to how much you fly.

I have the fly more combo, so I have 3 batteries. Usually, I only use 1 or 2 of them in a day, but I have used all 3 batteries in one day. I personally am not interested in buying any more batteries, as 3 is enough for me. If I wanted to fly more than 3 times, I would probably have time to recharge the batteries.

It all comes down to how much you fly.

I have the fly more combo, so I have 3 batteries. Usually, I only use 1 or 2 of them in a day, but I have used all 3 batteries in one day. I personally am not interested in buying any more batteries, as 3 is enough for me. If I wanted to fly more than 3 times, I would probably have time to recharge the batteries.

Liokewise I have three but I know people with these..... (costs more than my M2P :) )
Buy DJI Battery Station - DJI Store

Reactions: MKurr
I do prefer three, the thing is you might only do a short flight but starting another with it on say 70% feels uncomfortable.
In reality it's rare to need more than two for any outing though.
But you don't want to be 'saving the second battery' and then wish you flew it there later.
Actually the same goes for my other cameras, it's the same principle as "one on, one of and one in the wash" (charging!).

Reactions: MKurr
I have four. I fly for fun but when I fly, I might fly one place then go to a few more and fly there. Four drone batteries are a little more than the flight controller battery but I can recharge it in the car if needed. I find I might fly one place and only use 50% of the battery but if I move to a new location, I want a full charge because I might want to stay up as long as possibile. It depends on how you fly.

Reactions: old man mavic
I have four. I fly for fun but when I fly, I might fly one place then go to a few more and fly there. Four drone batteries are a little more than the flight controller battery but I can recharge it in the car if needed. I find I might fly one place and only use 50% of the battery but if I move to a new location, I want a full charge because I might want to stay up as long as possibile. It depends on how you fly.
Do you have a car charger?

Do you have a car charger?
I do for the controller. For the batteries, I have a 12V/110 converter and then the quad battery charger. But I don't usually drive far between launch points. Today I flew at 3 locations. I drove from point A to B which was 2 miles and then from B to C which was 3 miles. So not alot of recharging time. I guess I could leave my car run when standing nearby flying but I don't. Again this is how I fly. ( Point A today was 15 miles from my home ).

Hi, I have three and I'm thinking of acquiring a fourth one so I do not use it as intensively. This considerably increases the life of the batteries and their reliability.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98