DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many MM owners have been trouble free?

Dbez1

107 Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Most often we hear of the problems with this or that drone, especially the MM. I thought it would be interesting to see how many have a MM that works exactly as it should WITHIN it’s limitations. I’ve had my MM since early December and have had zero issues, flying an average of 2 or 3 batteries per week. I’m not minimizing the MM problems, which are certainly legitimate, but this is an opportunity for those of us who fly our MM WITHOUT problems to sound off. All you need to respond is “no problems “ and tell us how much you fly. Thanks in advance.?

I personally have not had any problems at all with my Mini. I have many aircraft that keep me quite busy, so I fly the Mini about twice a week depending on weather.
No issues what so ever. :)

My Mini flies every other weekday and Saturday/Sunday since purchased on January 2nd. The experience has been so positive with respect to flying and recording images, that I bought a M2P after five weeks. Over 9.8 flight hours, 46 miles and 97 flights around the San Francisco Bay Area.

I am paranoid about gusty or sustained wind and flying over water, so I minimize those activities. Now...I hope I don‘t back into a tree anytime soon.

I had pre-ordered a MM for work purposes and got one very early on that I have flown a lot, in a variety of temperatures, winds, and conditions, and never had a problem. Flown in up to a 30 mph wind in S mode without a problem. Very impressed with the photo and video quality at the price point.

At work I also have a Mavic Enterprise Zoom and a Dual and if I don't need the zoom or FLIR, and do not have to go a great distance, will just put up the MM if I need some photos. Photo quality is very close to the much more expensive drones.

I liked it so much I bought my own to join my two P4 and Mavic Pro. Took it to the Dominican Republic 2 weeks ago, some great pictures and video and much more comfortable bringing the MM into DR than a heavier, more expensive drone.

Most often we hear of the problems with this or that drone, especially the MM. I thought it would be interesting to see how many have a MM that works exactly as it should WITHIN it’s limitations. I’ve had my MM since early December and have had zero issues, flying an average of 2 or 3 batteries per week. I’m not minimizing the MM problems, which are certainly legitimate, but this is an opportunity for those of us who fly our MM WITHOUT problems to sound off. All you need to respond is “no problems “ and tell us how much you fly. Thanks in advance.?
Could you guys without any problems also list your "build dates", prop numbers and wether or not you've flown in sport mode?
Would be super helpful to trouble shoot problems those of us who have them
Thanks in advance ?

Could you guys without any problems also list your "build dates", prop numbers and wether or not you've flown in sport mode?
Thanks in advance ?
THIS IS A GREAT IDEA! I will edit my post to add them when I can.

Reactions: Wild Wayne
Hope I’m not tempting fate but no problems here. Had the Mini for two months now with minimal issues. Just a glitch here and there or a random signal loss. Try to fly three to fours a week more if possible. Wind has been a big issue for me lately. Been sidelined for about two weeks now. Wind everyday. I don’t want to push my luck and try to fly the mini in these conditions just because I got the itch to fly.

No real problems at all - my Mavic Mini has performed almost faultlessly so far with one minor 5 second glitch when the compass display on DJI Fly stopped working for reasons that I can't explain but it very quickly came back on line and another compass discrepancy when I changed my take-off point from the centre of my garden to the patio, forgetting that underneath the patio stones there was a matrix of steel reinforcing rods!

I have found the Mavic Mini to be an absolute joy thus far.

Thanks in advance ?
Where do you find this information?

Reactions: Wild Wayne
Thanks in advance ?
Build Date - 12/28/19
Prop #’s - G1 4726 F - E1 4726 F - F1 4726 F - C1 4726 F
Flight Data:
87.8 km distance
16.4 hrs flight time
82 flights
Altitude reached so far 400 feet (No issues)
Distance reached so far 2,000 feet (no issues)

I do fly in Sport Mode. I do not fly in Sport Mode constantly. I do not go in any direction at full speed for long durations.

No issues. I didn't know there were prop differences.
Before the last firmware update I did get "sensor error" before or at takeoff but found no performance issues.
Chassis is the original one with "pins" behind the battery door rather than "shelves".

Don't recall if I've ever used sport mode.

with 51 flights 9 hours 32m flight time and 12 miles distance,i have had no flight issues
only problem was the prop strike issue ,i seem to have fixed it with my home made front arm stiffeners
no more prop strikes since i fitted them
the props come in packs of 4 two CCW and two CW in a pack so to change all 4 motors you need two packs
they have different mold no on them but the CW and CCW always have the same mold number but some packs have different mold numbers on the pairs ie CC might be an f1 and CCW a d3
i have purchased a couple of spare sets from DJI and upon checking them have found that they have different mold numbers on them ,it seems that even if only one prop is damaged that you need to change the two on any given motor so the mold numbers match

my issues has been due to lack of knowledge.
Wind blew up my mavic away one day. it landed in a sidewalk.
It won't return to home, but I think I changed the return home location.
And accidents.

who fly our MM WITHOUT problems to sound off. All you need to respond is “no problems “ and tell us how much you fly. Thanks in advance.?

………………………...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne