DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many MM owners have been trouble free?

Most often we hear of the problems with this or that drone, especially the MM. I thought it would be interesting to see how many have a MM that works exactly as it should WITHIN it’s limitations. I’ve had my MM since early December and have had zero issues, flying an average of 2 or 3 batteries per week. I’m not minimizing the MM problems, which are certainly legitimate, but this is an opportunity for those of us who fly our MM WITHOUT problems to sound off. All you need to respond is “no problems “ and tell us how much you fly. Thanks in advance.?
Maybe I am expecting too much from the drone? Is it normal for a drone to rise 5 to 8 feet on a flat surface when traveling about 80 yards at top speed in normal mode? Of course this is without touching the lift stick. I would not have even questioned this if another member did not ask others to try a test. That is how I came to think there was a problem. So maybe your question is not explicit enough to get an accurate response. If you had asked me a week ago I too would have probably said, "Yeah, no problems!" I am new to drones so I do not know what is normal but when a member with numerous drones and years of experience says it is a problem then I do start to question it's performance. Not to mention that the drone dropped to the ground from 8 feet without me touching the sticks. Luckily this was in a field of grass but what if it was at 100 feet and 1,000 feet away?

I have my MM already since November and it is crash-free. Meanwhile I have experienced several cases of uncommanded descending and when testing the altitude control function during a straight forward flight with full speed I also experienced reproducable uncommanded ascending for several meters, see discussion on "uncommanded Descent" thread. Actually I woulde not put any trust into my MM for flying over e.g. water, trees or rough terrain as I always have to count with uncontrollable altitude loss or even a crash.

I am quite experienced with DJI and other drones, so I can say that I haven't seen such bad altitude control on any other of my drones. In comparison, my Mavic Pro keeps altitude difference below one meter even if flying in sports mode.

Actually I cannot recommend buying a Mavic Mini to anyone, especially beginners, until DJI will have fixed this serious firmware bug!

Reactions: rumitcu
No problems. Tiny issues I've had have all been user error.
Took off with 6 satellites which I found was quite scary.

Did a RTH in a 30 mph wind I was flying low and pressed rth and drone started to climb to rth height of 150ft, obviously it was windier at that height and nearly lost it but landed it manually before it got too far away.

Crashed into fridge flying it indoors.

Phone died during flight, fortunately rth bought her back,this was a bit scary as it was my 2nd ever flight and I wasn't sure what would happen.

I think you need to have these mishaps to learn from.

Love the mm.

I've lusted after a drone for 6,5 years, and finally got my MM in January of this year. I spent months prior to taking delivery reading up on everything that I could about the drone. Understanding the limitations of what is, after all, a relatively low cost and therefore relatively low spec drone, and more importantly my own limitations as a pilot, I've had no issues whatsoever with my MM and am super happy with my purchase!

Reactions: Tweeter and Skyfli
No troubles with my mini. Only have issues with the first app versions and android 10. But after the update everything works perfect

Reactions: Skyfli
I am now up to 16.9 hrs, 114 flights and 88.2 miles with ZERO problems that weren't straight up pilot error. If I managed to destroy my Mini I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

I have flown 20.9 h , distance 30.4KM , 213 flights, the drone was bought on December 13th

The main problem I see is that flying at night is horrible by default, you only see the blinking led and the problem is that if there is some wind, after 2 seconds the led changes radically the drone, in that aspect I think DJI would have given priority to the guide lights, maybe they sell them to put them to the MM but personally I prefer not to modify the drone.

Another aspect that I highlight is that the app DJI Fly needs a lot of improvement, currently the interface is very limited and it confuses the satellite numbers with what it shows in the image screen, there is important information that does not show, as the level of interference of the compass or adjust your way the % of the battery, if someone knows where I can make suggestions say it because I really want to suggest that to DJI.

Problems I've had:

1) I crashed it once for trying to do a quickshot and I thought touching the RTH button would cancel it but it didn't and I crashed it but I didn't damage anything.

2) The drone can't take almost anything in gusts of wind over 15 km/h, the most it can take is 20 km/h but apart from that, every time the "strong winds" warning is coming out and I feel that it's going to hit something.

3) Sometimes the drone descends a little bit without touching the control (someone said it here in these comments) and it's something that scares me sometimes if I'm flying in trees or poles.

4) There was a time when I was flying and out of nowhere the drone started to go out of nowhere (everything was well calibrated) and I quickly managed to return it but from there I am a little suspicious of this drone.

It has been a good drone for me, although I hope that they put a firmware where I record at 4K and manual mode in video, have new quickshots. Since the Fimi X8SE 2020 is the same price as the MM and it is a pity that the MM is very limited.

I've had two. First I one I got at release and I sold in January. A month later bought another one. Both have been great with no issues.

I have my MM only for a short time I have only done about 20 Km
I absolutely love it , it is super easy to fly (In the past I was trying to fly so monsters like Trex 500 ) and the pictures and video quality are just amazing .
I try to fly it every day since I bought it

Note I have already done multiple passes over water with no issues but from what I read, perhaps I should reconsider.

Mines fine, range is not as great as expected but good enough. 40km total distance, flown it to it's limits many times.

Had a few scary moments of losing connection in strong wind, but that's mainly my fault rather than the drone's.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard