DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many pilots / retired pilots are mavic owners?

I have a pilots license and fly a Cessna 182, a Piper Cub, gliders and helicopters but all RC.I have an RC pilots license with my flying club.

How about you OP?

Ah.. well, sadly, I never got my wings; as much as I always wanted to. The mavic is my first and only piloting experience, and I love it. My father flew C-130's for the USAF for 28 years, (SAC), and flew some Air Force jets before that, so I grew up listening to a lot of aviation talk and pilots' stories, so I I feel right at home in this forum.

I suspected there were a lot of pilots who enjoyed the mavic as much as I do, and I guess I could tell by the familiar style of writing in the posts around here that I was surrounded by greatness. :D

Thanks to all of you who served, and "props" (pun intended) to those of you who have flown me all over the world commercially over the past 48 years. Keep on doing what you do, and fly safe.

And remember, if a United pilot offers you $800 for your seat - just TAKE IT AND RUN!
(or fly United free for the rest of your life)

Flew a helicopter for a 1/2 hour training flight if that counts! They said I was a natural as they handed me the forms to sign up for a $49,000 training package... stuck with my MAAA model aircraft gold wings instead...

Have flown paragliderd for 10 years if that counts.
Saw the amount and seriousness of incidents around me increase and after a nearly fatal crash (fractrured vertebrae) of yours truly decided to sell my gear. Using the Mavic as a bit of substitutional fix :-/

Reactions: Soundtekk
Part 135 captain in Citation, chief pilot, check airman, CFII

SEL + Instrument -- 250 Hrs (none current)

Hang glider Advanced/IV -- 650 Hrs (none current)

Finding surprising satisfaction flying Mavic on relatively adventurous missions

On one recent flight, when my wife was driving as I flew, I was surprised to note that, while looking down at the car to guide her, the strangest sense was that I was indeed looking down to guide her ... that she was in the car but I was in the aircraft. Odd but pleasant ...

SELS, fly a Piper PA-12 (homebuilt, modified), on floats and skis, in the "bush" of arctic Canada. And now, soon to be a Mavic Pro operator!

Private Pilot, SEL, High Perf. endorsement. Want to get instrument but haven't been flying much.

SEL and ultralight owner (Phantom). Many moons ago, so not remotely current

SEL, Instrument rated, Cirrus SR22.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne