Join Us Now

How many times have you crashed? (POLL)

How many times have you crashed?

• Total voters
Never always flew on open area
Edit ... and is my first drone

Last edited:
0 With my MP! Plenty with my racing drones!:D

This thread starts to remind me of the times I organize a drink after work with my colleagues, like:
Me: "Who comes at the pub by the corner today after work?"
7 to 10 persons: "Ok, see u there"
40 to 43 persons: since they won't come they simply won't asnwer
3 persons: "No, I can't be there, but thanks anyway"
Gotta love those 3 :)

Just once when I fired it up indoors and it just went mental and flew into a wall.

Outdoors, never. SInce I mainly fly over water that is a relief :)

was it bad? like new drone bad or just reboot and take off again

I had to install a new gimbal ribbon, followed a YouTube video, Drone as good as new, second time the gimbal was torn off completely, gimbal ribbon and signal cable, replaced, no more crashes since then [emoji16] first crash was due to calibration, second was negligence, battery fell out in the sky sports mode+

I had not had my Phantom long and the wife and I were drinking Margaritas late one night. I had done something to it earlier in the day and it in the back pack was setting on the table. In a very unwise decision for multiple reasons I pulled it out just to hover in place showing the wife how "stable".
Well I have a metal roof and I'm sure it didn't have enough satellites for a gps lock...I may have switched it to atti mode cant remember.... (go figure... in my margarita fulfilled state).
It did surprisingly well and was holding exactly where it was even after making a couple side to side movements.
Until it started drifting toward the wall from the prop wash pulling it over. I stopped flapping my gums long enough to see it extremely close to the wall, but being new to it at that time I didn't pull it away from the wall fast enough (too slow of a stick movement). Bumped the wall and luckily fell into a office desk chair. My first time hearing the motors screaching as it rolled down into the chair!
My heart sank and needless to say, I stay away from operating the quads and of course vehicles while drinking.
Say no to drinking and flying.

Reactions: Atlas
Once and it was the softest crash ever. 2 feet off the ground on some tall soft grass, no damage not even a scratch.

Once and it was the softest crash ever. 2 feet off the ground on some tall soft grass, no damage not even a scratch.

Ditto. Was testing max flight time and hovering at about 1 1/2 feet as the battery lost juice and it fell into soft grass. No damage. Closest I have come to a crash. 27 mins flight time.

Crashed a phantom 3 standard into the ocean, crashed a Mavic into the ocean, crashed in a field do to not enough battery, crash backwards into a hill, crashed into a tree in fixed wing mode.

Three times, the first when I originally got it and was playing with terrain follow mode, the second was due to 3rd party props (do not buy DO NOT BUY), and third (the one without any damage) occurred when I was pretending it was a racing quad... Hope it never happens again as I'm pretty sure I age several years running to it:D. -CF

I've crashed a bunch of times. My old drones didn't have GPS or much stability so a decent breeze and whoosh. Plus, I liked to fly indoors a lot. I've also lost three drones in water. Not to mention 2 fly aways that were never recovered, so I'm ASSuming they eventually crashed. Hahaha!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22