DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many times have you crashed your Mavic so far? (POLL)

Did you ever crash your Mavic? Did you have to use DJI Refresh?

• Nope, I'm awesome.

Votes: 311 61.3%
  • Just once so far

Votes: 109 21.5%
  • Twice

Votes: 53 10.5%
  • More than 3 times

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • Still haven't used DJI Care Refresh

Votes: 85 16.8%
  • I've used the first replacement

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • I used my second replacement

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • I don't have DJI Care Refresh

Votes: 126 24.9%

• Total voters
Crashed it twice, on the first day, both indoors, minor crashes, 1 prop destroyed, never since, I voted twice...they are still crashes

No crashes with the MP after 4 months and 25 or so flights. However I did bust my P3S into the wall once when flying indoors. One broken prop, one broken cactus arm.

Yep it's only a matter of time. Your can only hope that when it happens it's minor and no damage occurs.
I have had a close call flying between trees and I still fly between them to get certain shots but I know one day I may clip a branch.

Rob
Prop guards?

My one crash was indoors too. Going in and out of GPS and into atti resulted in lack of control and luckily only one broken prop.

DJI should have an indoor mode or attitude mode which limits height (so if people fly it outdoors in NFZs there's less risk of drama).

That GPS in/out signal makes it hard to fly indoors. One thing for sure..it gets good reception. [emoji3]

It would have been interesting to see the if the majority of crashes where indoors, reading the forums and across at the DJI forums it certainly seems to be that most crashes are occurring indoors.

First crash was outside my house, I started it up before I realized it was in atti mode and no gps mode, I didn't wait long enough for it to detect each satellite, and I also didn't know it automatically switched at the time. It ended up flying backwards into a small branch and thankfully landed on some mulch.

Crashed once. In a forest with lots of terrain. I was filming (and was just not finished yet...) when the Creep went into critical battery. It reacted just before I did by trying to perform autoland. Because of the impossible terrain and static objects around it got confused and kamikaze'd into the dirt thinking it's still airborne kept running the motors and flipped over. I felt so guilty pushing it out of it's comfort zone. I picked it up and took it home asap. Took my Creep apart and cleaned and fixed and pampered and apologized a 1000 times. We're good again enjoying eachothers company. My wife hates the Creep.

Reactions: TrayBoz
No crashes yet. Hope to keep it that way. I always fly good prepared. Investigate the area on Google Earth, check all my settings and stay sharp during flying.

I know my first crash will come but it will not happen because of bad preparation. [emoji4]

Chain of errors crash on flight # (approx) 30.
  • Selected a takeoff/landing point that was in a confined area (bushes)
  • Switched to S-mode to see what kind of downwind speed I could get
  • Forgot to switch to P-mode for landing so it was a bit twitchy
  • Got disoriented as to left/right while looking at it from the side
  • Gave it left stick when right was called for...
  • The S-mode twitchiness was too fast for me to correct...
  • Hit a branch and dived into the soft powder snow. CSC'd the motors off
  • One prop had a big chip in it.
  • Left the MP in a food dehydrator for 12 hours at 60°C to remove moisture from the gimbal area
Passerby threw a snicker at me. That hurt.

Reactions: TrayBoz
Everything is possible. Wonderin what the record is currently..Crashing stuff can be fun if noone else gets hurt but the crashing object. If you consider the fixing as part of the hobby sometimes you're willing to take risks. Just have to check finance beforehand. Id hate to crash my Creep beyond my own repair skills cause it can be tough luck dealing with dji and parting with Creep will be hard. Looking for a spare bird only to ease the pain before this happens.

4 times.
First was indoors. Day I got it, it was ****** outside, couldn't help myself. Drifted and clipped the speaker. Never flew inside ever again.
Two crashes into trees during an orbit.
And I had one crash that was not my as far as I can tell. It was drifting backwards on its own and hit a tree. I reviewed the log and there's clearly no backwards stick input but it moved backwards at a constant speed for about 15 feet before sticking itself in the tree.

Zero crashes. I've crashed my home built drones because of bad lipo cells and in flight prop breaks, but even then I did t collide with any objects.

I haven't crashed my Mavic although I'm still extremely cautious with it and only fly it within VLOS and in big open areas where there's not really anything for it to crash into.

John
So boring, Just get out there and film cool video.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin