DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many times have you crashed your Mavic so far? (POLL)

Did you ever crash your Mavic? Did you have to use DJI Refresh?

• Nope, I'm awesome.

Votes: 311 61.3%
  • Just once so far

Votes: 109 21.5%
  • Twice

Votes: 53 10.5%
  • More than 3 times

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • Still haven't used DJI Care Refresh

Votes: 85 16.8%
  • I've used the first replacement

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • I used my second replacement

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • I don't have DJI Care Refresh

Votes: 126 24.9%

• Total voters
Only brushed up against a tree never actually crashed my Mavic Pro, did crash my P4P once LoL, 130. For repairs

Testing my new long range antenna last week. It got a bit windy on the way back. Started Auto landing at critical 10% when I'm still 1000 ft out over the water..
I barely made it back to the beach lol
a3c2bb12c36c86bf6b827725cacf65f6.jpg

My first crash o_O

Last edited:
I go through all of these and they all have one thing in common. Pilot error.

I may be reaching a record for screwing up my Mavic.

Crashed it several times. inside the house twice, three outside
Overheated it in my carrying case...battery did,t shut off which fried my Gimbal assembly.
I've fried the GPS / Compass #1 assembly when trying to repair aforementioned fried Gimbal
Broke off one the propeller attachment hook that locked up the motor... several prop strikes since
Crashed on takeoff when props failed to unfold
Fried a remote during an antenna mod attempt

I absolutely love my Mavic Pro Platinum and have to say, I'm becoming as efficient at repairing as I am crashing LOL

Waiting on the GPS unit to arrive so I can get back in the air :cool:

While showing my dad how awesome the RTH function was and talking to him as it was coming down (because of course the Drone was going to do its own thing and land smoothly right in front of us...no problem! So cool) Well, got distracted and pushed forward on the stick while yapping away. drone went straight into the side of the house on sport mode. Learned a lot from that one.

Decided to test out Facebook live. While bringing it back in to my yard, I came in a little hot in sport mode, panicked and put it right in to the very top of a 40 foot tree in the yard. Over an hour of trying to shake the tree with an ATV and rope and throwing dog toys at it, I finally knocked it loose and caught it.

Another time I was out flying in the yard when I heard my neighbor start his car. I wanted to quick fly over and catch him before he got down his driveway (long driveways). Decided to shoot straight up to clear the power line dead ahead and forgot I was under a power line. It got stuck and just hung there in the other neighbors yard. Drove my truck under it and put a 10 foot ladder in the bed, climbed up and knocked it loose with an extendable handle similar to what you see on a pool skimmer. Managed to catch it one handed without falling off the ladder on to my truck or the ground.

Fairly certain my neighbors think there is something wrong with me.

Overheated it in my carrying case...battery did,t shut off which fried my Gimbal assembly.
I've fried the GPS / Compass #1 assembly when trying to repair aforementioned fried Gimbal
Broke off one the propeller attachment hook that locked up the motor... several prop strikes since

I absolutely love my Mavic Pro Platinum and have to say, I'm becoming as efficient at repairing as I am crashing LOL

I think that has to be a record. hope things go better for you in the future

Update:

New GPS unit arrived today! The install was a very easy. Took off and flew A few miles lout and back so looks like I’m ready to fly again

Twice. Once pilot error and once system error combined with pilot error.
(1) System Error + Pilot Error : Once, just before landing at about 10 feet, the Mavic entered the Vortex Ring State and I was unable to recover from it as I lost it's orientation and then the compass went mad and on & on & on.
She went and struck a metal structure hard, managed to recover and finally hit a tree. Lucky that no major damages occurred. One prop chipped of and a chunk of plastic missing from it's arm. Changed props and treated the empty area with some sand paper and glue. Fixed.

(2) Pilot Error : Overconfidence lead to an indoor flight, hit the wall, she is absolutely fine except a broken prop. But unfortunately, the wall appears to be badly scathed. Changed prop. Applied a little Sun Mica to the wall. Fixed.

No more crashes, but some near crash experiences like one time when the app said aircraft disconnected, I rebooted the controller while the Mavic was actually out of LOS (Just across a building). Mavic attempted to return home, rised herself up, but was just short of the building. Luckily, her obstacle avoidance saved her [emoji14]

Never once with the Mavic pro or the inspire. Obstacle avoidance what’s that.

I’m a new guy and even tho I ride a motorcycle I am not a risk taker when it comes to my new bird. I have had it for a few days but hav spent my time looking at setup,and first flight stuff on ͏you tube. I plan to go out in an open clear feild this week end weather permitting I intend to use manual modes as well as auto lift and land

;-)

Reactions: j.r.r.
Had my first crash on Sunday. Been flying the Mavic 18 months not even a scratch. Went to a beach that has a sea wall. Set everything up and took off as normal. As I was climbing I noticed the mavic was yawing slightly to the right, not at great speed but enough to notice. Got a little higher and went for a fly. I never go too far. I was probably 500 metres away and 100 meters high when I noticed the video and photograph button were not working. I brought the Mavic back and as I was landing, probably 2 meters off the floor the Mavic tipped to the right and then flew back first into the sea wall. When it hit the floor I received a couple of Magnetic Interference warnings on the screen. Have not booted her up since but everything looks ok, I had to push the gimble back in its plate but no marks or issues I can see.
Guess this was caused by maybe metal supports bedded into the sea wall ? Frustrating because had I received those warning before or during take off I would not have attempted a flight.

3 years flying now, 3 dji drones, 310 YouTube uploads, ZERO CRASHES!!!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure