DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many times have you crashed your Mavic so far? (POLL)

Did you ever crash your Mavic? Did you have to use DJI Refresh?

• Nope, I'm awesome.

Votes: 311 61.3%
  • Just once so far

Votes: 109 21.5%
  • Twice

Votes: 53 10.5%
  • More than 3 times

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • Still haven't used DJI Care Refresh

Votes: 85 16.8%
  • I've used the first replacement

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • I used my second replacement

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • I don't have DJI Care Refresh

Votes: 126 24.9%

• Total voters
I dunno. Not only have I never crashed. I don't even see how it is possible to have a pilot error type crash with a Mavic. I've flown RC helicopters, RC airplanes, and simple inexpensive quadcopters, but the Mavic is by far the most "dummy-proof" aircraft I have ever flown. The only explanation I have for all the reported Mavic crashes is that it's so easy to fly that people get overconfident and try to push the limits in seeing what they can get away with.
Well said✈️

I started with a P3S. Crashed it 3 times. Then I got a P3P. Did not crash that one at all. And now the Mavic - so far so good....

My last crash with the P3S was due to being out a ways, and up pretty high, getting a low batter warning, coming home descending as I came closer to home, and hit a tree top. It took me an hour to find it, and then I had to climb up into the tree and use a long dead branch to reach for it. It was intact. But, there was an error message. Calibrating the IMU didn't work, it would get stuck below 10%. Did some reading up on the forums and discovered the acceleromotoer was likely stuck. Found a youtube video of someone showing how to take the top of, tap the the little box that holds it, and that did it. Youtube has been a great resource for all kinds of information about learning and fixing little problems. So far, the Mavic has been a real step up from the P3's and a delight to fly....

I pruned a tree... the mavic dropped a couple feet and stopped in a hover about 4 feet above the ground. It chipped a rotor, but didn't "crash" into the ground.

So I'm looking at the poll results so far, and not a single one has used their second replacement yet? I'm either impressed, or some of you just don't want to admit it. ;). This was a very productive thread. These stories should also prove helpful to new pilots. :)

Zero. Not even close. But Im not in the habit of flying into trees or in stupid places. And I keep those stupid sensors turned off. They probably cause more crashes then it saves.

No crash yet after 4 weeks. Had a close call though on my first POI shot - I set the center to myself, backed the drone up about 40 feet and let er rip. Turned around to follow the drone while it circled me and to my horror I saw the drone heading straight for the top of a tree that I had ignored completely! I did not react in time to do anything constructive such as, oh, control the drone at all. Luckily, the radius of the POI was a couple yards past the tree, so although it looked like a collision was going to happen, it did not.

I deserved to crash, but didn't. Lesson learned: check the heights of everything in your vicinity, use the pause button, and if all else fails, up is usually a good direction to go to avoid trouble.

It's never fun to crash your jem, and it's even harder to admit as an experienced pilot. I'll admit, I crashed my Mavic once, but I was lucky to have it then nose dive into a snow bank. Feel free to share your story. Mine was because I was so cold I pulled the elevator down instead of the throttle trying to land fast and my Mavic obediently backed into a tree and busted all 4 props.

This poll has two questions. Please pick the appropriate two answers.
I crashed mine once, flying indoors then the plastic bag flew from above into the props, nothing was broken though.

I trusted a stuoid aerial mapping app. It took complete control and vertically flew it into a canopy of oak branches. Drone crashed hard. Cam broke but drone was a ok. 1st replacement on its way. No.more funky apps.

Once, it just dropped down into a tree and I cant find it. DJI offered me 30% of a new once since they cant see it was a pilot error.

Had my Mavic for a month now as an impromptu gift from my wife. I was standing on a hill and flew over my head (uphill) in sports mode. I forgot about the copse right behind me and hit a bush full throttle at 36mph. Luckily the only damage was a cracked prop, missing rear landing gear (small rubber piece on the underside) and a slight crack in a rear arm shoulder. You would have to look hard to see the damage and it still flies. I was extremely ucky and was also an idiot!

Used to crash th' Phantom all the time, and never had an issue. The Mavic Pro? I'm far more careful with it. No incidents so far.

Well, 12 months on from my original post here.... still got a clean sheet.
Never had even a close call........
Mavic Pro did throw a wobble on me in Honigsvag, Norway, but regained control not really any drama !!.
Now on my Mavic Air, Not sure you can even crash this thing !!.
Maybe I am being toooo careful, but, I still have great fun flying them !.

I sold my MP. The MP Was no challenge to fly. I bought the Inspire 1v2 now that is fun to fly.

I was feeling pretty smug after 8 months of crash-free flying. Then I flew a short Litchi mission on a windy day close to trees. I was walking behind it with my finger on the pause button, saw it was going to side-slip into a tree and stopped it in time. Then a gust of wind hit. The Mavic held position but the tree branch did not.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure