DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How much use before servicing?

lion

Reactions
A question occured to me today, and DJI support can not answer it (I spent 10 minutes trying to explain, but it was not working.)

Is there a reccomended amount of use (i.e. flight hours or distance in meters) that is deemed safe to fly before a professional ahould look at the aircraft. Like a car has an MOT once a year, or every so many thousand miles. I ask as we are heavy users (between one and three hours a day.)

It makes more sense to prevent the aircraft from having an airborne disaster than it does to wait until that happens. Is the warranty valid for a year regardless of usage patterns, or will it expire after a set amount of use? These are all questions the person on the phone, who's english skills were not the best, could not answer for me.

I find it hard to believe that there is not a reccomended lifespan on the components, and that this information is not available to the customer.

A question occured to me today, and DJI support can not answer it (I spent 10 minutes trying to explain, but it was not working.)

Is there a reccomended amount of use (i.e. flight hours or distance in meters) that is deemed safe to fly before a professional ahould look at the aircraft. Like a car has an MOT once a year, or every so many thousand miles. I ask as we are heavy users (between one and three hours a day.)

It makes more sense to prevent the aircraft from having an airborne disaster than it does to wait until that happens. Is the warranty valid for a year regardless of usage patterns, or will it expire after a set amount of use? These are all questions the person on the phone, who's english skills were not the best, could not answer for me.

I find it hard to believe that there is not a reccomended lifespan on the components, and that this information is not available to the customer.
Howdy lion, here are some threads that address your question.
Search Results for Query: lifespan | DJI Mavic Drone Forum
The arms we know have service life of at least 5000 folds.

Reactions: lion
Is there a reccomended amount of use (i.e. flight hours or distance in meters) that is deemed safe to fly before a professional ahould look at the aircraft.
DJI has no such recommendations. I think it's more important to check that everything is in working order prior to each flight. For example, make sure the battery is fully charged, make sure it's snapped in properly, ensure the props are not damaged, etc.

Is the warranty valid for a year regardless of usage patterns, or will it expire after a set amount of use?
You can find the warranty period for each part here.

Yes there are recent threads with opinions and reasoning on this. I’ll try to find and repost a link in an edit here. Edit: Mavic age of retirement ... not maintenance but related reasoning

Speaking as a career aviation technician, the Mavic is pretty robust with few wearable/movable parts, motors, fans, being a few exceptions.
Those components that are subject to deterioration are closely monitored by firmware... think batteries.

As stated above, preflight checks and close attention to error read outs should keep you maintenance free almost indefinitely.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrooklynFlyer
Mavic Flight Log.jpg I use compressed air to blow out any dust inside the motors,every 10 flights. At some point I will re lube/replace the bearings in the motors. I also check the lugs on the propeller hubs,for wear. Well over 100 flights and no problems yet.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: lion
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB