DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How Reliable is Your Mavic Pro/Platinum?

How Reliable is Your Mavic Pro/Platinum?

• It's always rock solid, never so much as a glitch.

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • I have occasional app crashes and/or connection loss issues.

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • I have control problems so often I'm almost scared to fly anymore.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • This thing is completely unusable. I'm sending/have sent it back.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dvarapala

Reactions
In light of my own ongoing issues with my MPP, I'm wondering how many others are experiencing similar issues. When you respond to this poll, please include issues such as:

• App crashes
  • Lost connection between the RC and the aircraft (Go 4 displays "Aircraft Disconnected")
  • Lost connection between the RC and the mobile device (Go 4 displays "Disconnected")
  • Gimbal resetting/going wonky in flight
  • Video recording mysteriously stopping for no apparent reason during flight
  • Aircraft rotating even with no control stick input
  • Fly-aways
  • Any other anomalous/abberant behavior
I want to know if these problems are widespread or just affecting a teeny-tiny minority. Note I've excluded the Air from the poll since it's a new product and a) not many people have them yet, and b) as a new product it's likely to have bugs and I don't want "teething pains" to skew the results.

Thank you for your input!

The only problems I have had are with the App not connecting to the craft. That was solved by changing the order in which I plugged things in. I have switched to an iPad and haven’t had a problem since. I have had to recalibrate the gimbal a couple of times as it seems to look a little angled when flying straight

I have hag the Pro for about a week , yesterday I had The aircraft disconnected problem definitely gave me a heart attack. RC was still connected but no video feed.
I pressed RTH and thank god it did.
I use a Samsung Tab E mostly because I like the bigger screen but I also Have Iphone 6s plus that never has given me issues.

I have had the Mavic almost a year and in the last 6 months it's non stop app crashes / RC disconnects and gimbal resets.

It's really distanced me from loving it and I just use it as a film tool not a fun flier anymore. even that it doesn't do well as I have the out of focus right side edition.

I have tried many variations to help my problems, running Litchi for one helps my app crashes but that's all I can help it

• App crashes - Never since downgrading to Go 4 version 4.1.15 (Android)
  • Lost connection between the RC and the aircraft (Go 4 displays "Aircraft Disconnected") - Never*, but I maintain VLOS and will go no further if the RC signal gets weak.
  • Lost connection between the RC and the mobile device (Go 4 displays "Disconnected") - Never* since v4.1.15
  • Gimbal resetting/going wonky in flight - Never
  • Video recording mysteriously stopping for no apparent reason during flight - Never, however I have not recorded long videos.
  • Aircraft rotating even with no control stick input - Never
  • Fly-aways - Never
  • Any other anomalous/abberant behavior - None. I have flown both indoors and outdoors without problems.
*I purposely lost connections by turning off or unplugging devices to test the RTH function.
I think your poll could add a "Had problems that were fixed with software/hardware change" option.

owner since august 17' mine was manufactured july 17' - zero problems in over a hundred flights. running .900 with dedicated ipad.

its also important to note the ipad and mp have not been connected to the internet since the day i updated to .900 when i bought it

My app crashes maybe once out of every ten flights. Other than that, rock solid no issues. -CF

I like the Mavic but it just has an underdeveloped app for Android. Always crashing and lagging. Also, I get a gimbal reset once in a while. The first time it happened I thought it was falling from the sky.

I am looking forward to the Autel Evo being released. I have had an Autel drone before and it was rock solid, the app never crashed and was lag-free. The only reason I sold it was to get the greater number of features on the Mavic. Now that the EVO is released, I would trade the mavic for it any day. It surpasses the Mavic in features and (hopefully) in reliability, at least for android users.

Hopefully DJI will fix at least their gimbal problems with the Mavic 2. I doubt their app will see much improvement over the comming year.

I've had mine 7 months. Waiting for its return to me for the 5th time. In the 5 times, I have received one new/refurbished Mavic, and THREE remote controllers. When it works, it's a fantastic aircraft, but it seems a bit unreliable. I'd write it off to just getting a "lemon", but having remotes replaced 3 times, and the Mavic itself once, I'm guessing, and hoping I'm going to be wrong, that when my 12 month warranty is up, so is my flying time. Quite concerned about this, as my Mavic represented a pretty high investment in cash.

I've had issues with the app crashing. I have an Iphone 6s+, which is notorious for having the app crash. However, I've discovered that if I close the app right after I'm done using it (by double-tapping the home button and sliding up) then it doesn't crash the next time I use it.

I have hag the Pro for about a week , yesterday I had The aircraft disconnected problem definitely gave me a heart attack. RC was still connected but no video feed.
I pressed RTH and thank god it did.
I use a Samsung Tab E mostly because I like the bigger screen but I also Have Iphone 6s plus that never has given me issues.
I too have had mine for a week and last night got the aircraft disconnected on my galaxy 5 phone. The video stopped but the craft still responded to the RC .Flew it back but am worried about this issue. rebooted phone and got video back. Am thinking about getting a ipad 9.7 or mini4. First time after a dozen flights that disconnected happened. Thinking that ios may be better?

I too have had mine for a week and last night got the aircraft disconnected on my galaxy 5 phone. The video stopped but the craft still responded to the RC .Flew it back but am worried about this issue. rebooted phone and got video back. Am thinking about getting a ipad 9.7 or mini4. First time after a dozen flights that disconnected happened. Thinking that ios may be better?
IPad mini 4 is a good choice. I fly mine primarily with the mini4 and have no problems. I have a Samsung 7s phone that used to fly it well but now I'm having some connectivity issues.
If you buy one get the non cellular model and then use your phone as a mobile hot spot for mapping

IPad mini 4 is a good choice. I fly mine primarily with the mini4 and have no problems. I have a Samsung 7s phone that used to fly it well but now I'm having some connectivity issues.
If you buy one get the non cellular model and then use your phone as a mobile hot spot for mapping
Hi, thanks. I'm about 99.9% sure it was just the app crashing. The remote worked just fine, just lost live video and live info on the phone screen. Rebooted phone and everything works. Still it made me nervous. Will be picking up a mini or a 9.7 ipad (newer) with some processing power.

Other than the camera gimbal motor failing, the top one, for no reason after about the 5th flight from new, there has not been a problem with flying it or video feeds, and no app crashes ever in the last year since I've owned it, but only about 40-50 flights. I had to replace the whole gimbal but kept the bad one and now may get that top motor repaired, so I have a complete unit to swap out in case I ever damage it.

The only other issue I had was in the last two months with one of my three batteries, showing up as battery error, so far twice, so I just switched it out. Still don't know why it is doing that. Fully charged, I stuck it in the Mavic and started things up and it showed the error. I use an iPhone 6 to fly with.

I shut down, recharged the battery a few days later and it flew fine. Then all batteries were charged and I took it to Austria a few weeks ago and used that same battery and again it came up as a battery error. I no longer used that battery and have not yet rechecked it to see if it is still causing that issue.

Charge batteries, check firmware, fly, repeat

1. Pilot error
1. Bird out about 2 miles, turned around and put Jeep and rise between me and AC,
disconnected, turned around and moved from behind Jeep and continued flight
back to home point.

Never any problems in 76 flights, only thing I had once was 'Aircraft Disconnected' but I got it back fairly quickly.
Firmware all up to date and using a dedicated Galaxy S6 with all other apps disabled and in Airplane mode for flying duty.

Mine has been fairly good, but I did have the gimbal go wacky when it was about 3mo old. The Go4 app said Gimbal Obstruction. It wouldn't finish the boot-up routine. DJI replaced the craft under warranty. The new one has been solid ever since. However I don't fly it much, only about 75 times in the past 15mos of ownership. I gravitate to my P4P mostly because of the 1" sensor and 4mi range. The Mavic has great range too, but I typically won't take it more than 3 miles out, due to battery. However I use it exclusively when I'm capturing animals, because it's the most quiet. Notice that I'm using old firmware in my MP, frozen on purpose because it works with my iPad Mini2 just fine.

Mine has been fairly good, but I did have the gimbal go wacky when it was about 3mo old. The Go4 app said Gimbal Obstruction. It wouldn't finish the boot-up routine. DJI replaced the craft under warranty. The new one has been solid ever since. However I don't fly it much, only about 75 times in the past 15mos of ownership. I gravitate to my P4P mostly because of the 1" sensor and 4mi range. The Mavic has great range too, but I typically won't take it more than 3 miles out, due to battery. However I use it exclusively when I'm capturing animals, because it's the most quiet. Notice that I'm using old firmware in my MP, frozen on purpose because it works with my iPad Mini2 just fine.

Wow, 3 miles out? You must live in a rural area because I can't get more than 0.8 miles in my village

MP has been rock solid with my IPhone 7+. No disconnects of any type, no issues.

Reactions: Niblett
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB