DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to clean Mavic?

m4v1c

Reactions
I flew my Mavic around Utah for a good week and the winds were pretty strong, thus at the end of my trip there was some noticeable dust/sand on my gimbal. I was able to lightly dab the gimbal with an alcohol pad to get rid of some sand; however, the "bands" or the "black strips" (I circled them in red) that hold the gimbal are covered with sand. How can I get rid of the sand on those bands & gimbal in general?

Also any specific technique on cleaning the lens?

I have a Lens blower, lens cleaning pen, alcohol pads, microfiber clothes, Tiffen lens cleaning tissues, and lens cleaning liquid

upload_2017-3-10_9-27-16.png
Thanks!!

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-10_9-18-43.png
    upload_2017-3-10_9-18-43.png
    908 KB · Views: 166
I would hold it up in the air the right way up and spray some Isopropyl alcohol on them and let it evaporate fully..

I would hold it up in the air the right way up and spray some Isopropyl alcohol on them and let it evaporate fully..

Isn't it a bad idea to use a solvent on the fragile rubber bands? I'm no expert, I've just read that alcohol dissolves rubber and those bands are pretty thin.

I would just try and use a rocket blower and call it a day.

I'm pretty sure that rubber is resistant to Isopropyl unless emerged in it for a long time, not the 10 seconds or so that it will evaporate in.. :)

You won't be able to clean the bands, dust sticks to rubber like crazy. Just leave them alone.

Reactions: m4v1c
I'd agree with Andre, it won't do any harm after all..

electric-visnav.jpg

Don't be afraid

Use a small brush and compressed air to blow and wipe out the dust.
Even small doses of Alcohol on rubber will leach out some of the oils in the rubber and make it slightly stiffer.

I'd go with Robbyg suggestion Thumbswayup

Personally I use an acid brush for some of the smaller areas and a large, very soft paint brush with some canned air. Dont use alcohol , it'll reduce the life of the rubber bands. Q-tips are also very useful as mentioned.

Re-install the gimbal clamp before cleaning the lens to securely hold the camera assembly . Take your time and be careful especially while working near the ribbon wire.

Reactions: m4v1c
My concern is the condensation from the air can getting on the electronics inside.
There shouldn't be any condensation from canned air - it's very dry.

Check you're holding the can upright, otherwise you can get freezing liquid air out which is a real bad idea to spray on electronics.

That's what I meant, if you hold at the wrong angle it could get bad.. And i'm not taking chances.

Fair enough, but I've been using canned air on expensive gear for many years - as long as you hold it upright you'll never have a problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom