DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to discharge battery

laura schlenker

Reactions
I've got a question, as far as I understand the batteries are programed to start discharging after 6 days if a battery is stored full. I've been busy lately and have not had a chance to fly a lot, I've noticed my full batteries have remained completely full. What do I need to do get these batteries at 50 percent beside flying the mavic ?

I believe each battery receives its programming from the DJIGO app. So if you've never plugged the battery into you drone before when setting the time to discharge in the app, it will now acquire the setting you specified in the app upon first using the battery. From then on it will follow the commands you specified for each additional battery going forward. So if you have three batteries and but tend to use only one specific battery (discharging and recharging for each flight) the other batteries will have the standard "discharge after 10 days" setting until you use it in the drone and the DJIGO app is running so it can program the battery with your specified setting. Hope this helps! FYI: I use discharge after 3 days ,as I fly often.

What do I need to do get these batteries at 50 percent beside flying the mavic ?
Stop pressing the battery button to check them. They will auto discharge down to 65% on their own.

Each time you press the battery button, the batteries will wait another 10 days to discharge (or whatever you set them to in DJI GO). 10 days is the default. It can take up to 2-3 days for the auto discharge process to complete after they start discharging.

Thank you, I've had all of my batteries in the drone, and even after 10 days I haven't noticed any discarge.
Stop pressing the battery button to check them. They will auto discharge down to 65% on their own.
Lol I'm not pressing the battery button to discharge them. I just wondered if I need to do anything else since I've never seen them discharge unless I've flown with them.

Thank you, I've had all of my batteries in the drone, and even after 10 days I haven't noticed any discarge.

Lol I'm not pressing the battery button to discharge them. I just wondered if I need to do anything else since I've never seen them discharge unless I've flown with them.
Oops I'm sorry, I read your thread wrong. Please ignore my statement.

I've never seen them discharge
How are you verifying that they haven't discharged? The only thing you might notice is that they become slightly warm to the touch while discharging.

So there is nothing I need to do to maintain these batteries, they pretty much take care of them selves
How are you verifying that they haven't discharged? The only thing you might notice is that they become slightly warm to the touch while discharging.
When I pushed the button after not using them for quite a while I wanted to see how much of a charge they had and all the lights were green.

So there is nothing I need to do to maintain these batteries, they pretty much take care of them selves
You do need to maintain -- more so if you don't use them for a few months in a row. See more details here.

From DJI Go 4 app Academy FAQ: '8.How often should the Mavic's Intelligent Flight Battery be charged and discharged?
The Mavic's battery has a more advanced chip than earlier DJI intelligent batteries, so it does not need to be fully charged or discharged manually. '

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markshsv