DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to download photo and video to sd of smart controller

Naturalist

Reactions
Hello, I am a new buyer of a Mavic 2 Pro with smart controller. My first drone !!! I don’t know, if I am thinking well, but I would like to record videos and photos in the Sd of drone (64 Gb ) and then at the end of the day to download in the Sd of my smart controller (128 Hb) everything I need to keep. Please, I need your help to put the relative settings. Also, I would like to inform me what does it mean to turn on the cache of Sd card. Thank you in advance.

Hello, I am a new buyer of a Mavic 2 Pro with smart controller. My first drone !!! I don’t know, if I am thinking well, but I would like to record videos and photos in the Sd of drone (64 Gb ) and then at the end of the day to download in the Sd of my smart controller (128 Hb) everything I need to keep. Please, I need your help to put the relative settings. Also, I would like to inform me what does it mean to turn on the cache of Sd card. Thank you in advance.
Welcome.

I will do my best. There are settings for the drone and the controller. Open the Camera settings - the icon under the Shutter/video button on the right - kind of slider like icon. Then there are smaller icons for type of photos (hd or pans) and other settings. Look around and explore. find the one to allow saving to the sd card as opposed to internal memory.

Can you either physically move the sd card from drone to controller (or computer) and use the file manager to copy/move/delete videos/pics. Or you can wirelessly transmit from the drone to the controller but it does not always move/copy all of the files. After you take a picture of video, there's a little review icon (triangle) under the Camera Settings icon. That is the review/preview function. When you bring up that function, you will see pics or videos. Now there's another little icon - which is the download/transfer icon. It will copy the files to the Smart Controller. BE AWARE that whille photos transfer rather quickly, videos can take minutes. So doing this while flying can be an issue. Also these transfers to use drone battery power (and SC power, too). Also, while this is a good way to get the compiled Panoramas (one picture/file of the assembled pan), it does not appear to transfer the underlying individual images (that make a pan). So, this gets the 360 Sphere picture (it is actually a distorted rectangle and other software or sites can create the sphere) and the larger pans completed. To get the 9 or 25 or however many individual images that make up a pan, you need to view the drones file by moving the card or attaching a usb cable to computer.

The cache is very lower resolution copies to convenient viewing - kind of like thumbnails.

And I sincerely hope that any mis-statements will be corrected by others.

First of all I would like to thank you for your reply. I will follow them and I hope that everything will be ok. If I have any query I will post it. Tank you very much !!!!

Reactions: ff22

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d