DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

heo3480

Reactions
In this Final Cut Pro Tutorial, I will be showing how to edit drone footage to a beat, making videos a whole lot more interesting for the viewer. I will also show you where you can get access to free music ;-)

/HeO

In this Final Cut Pro Tutorial, I will be showing how to edit drone footage to a beat, making videos a whole lot more interesting for the viewer. I will also show you where you can get access to free music ;-)​

/HeO

Almost exactly my workflow. The only thing I would add is that you can see where the transitions are by looking at the audio waveform To get more precise placements of the traditions then just free handing it like that.

You see where you put your marks on the audio waveform actually coincides with a peak on the audio waveform. You can zoom in on the peaks in waveform and precisely place the marks at exactly the right location. Doing this precisely will save a lot of time because you won’t need to do the “fine tuning” and also fine tuning will make the clip slightly longer or shorter and throw off the rest of the clips that come after it.

Measure twice, “cut” once. Pun indented ?

Great video though!

Reactions: heo3480
I know this was post early spring...

I'm interested in knowing which plug-ins users of FXPX recommend? I'm not looking to create the new professional short movie, commercial, or documentary... I come from a strong landscape and PS CC background and wonder what, if any, video editing tool add-ons would integrate some PS CC like functions? {Note: I'll post a separate thread on this subject.}

Thanks!

I know this was post early spring...

I'm interested in knowing which plug-ins users of FXPX recommend? I'm not looking to create the new professional short movie, commercial, or documentary... I come from a strong landscape and PS CC background and wonder what, if any, video editing tool add-ons would integrate some PS CC like functions? {Note: I'll post a separate thread on this subject.}

Thanks!
I’m recycling this from a previous post but I like you come from the photography world and wanted a photoshop like experience in my NLE. Well turns out only After Effects is really even close to that but After Effects is resource intensive so I came up with this “hack” for using photoshop to edit video.

You can actually edit videos directly in Photoshop but you need a really powerful computer to do it.

For the rest of us with average computers you can export a frame from your video and import into photoshop. Select the layer and make it a background layer
Layer>
New layer from background>

Then you can use adjustment layers in photoshop(note this does not work for anything that is in the “filters” menu of photoshop. Only adjustment layers)

So you can use levels, curves, saturation, vibrance etc.

When done you go to file>export> lookup tables and it will save as a LUT!

You can then apply the LUT to the video using Adobe Media encoder, Premier Pro, After Effects, Final Cut Pro X or any other video editor that can apply LUTs and your video will look the same as in Photoshop!

This technique uses very little processing and if you are use to the layout and tools in photoshop you’ll probably find it easier.

And remember to change photoshop settings to 8 bit (output video is always 8 bit so you have to do this to make the frame you exported match the colors of the video)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121