DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to fix orientation icon on iPhone! Try this!

Natehighup

Reactions
Maybe this isn’t news to some of you but this was driving me nuts, If anyone is having issues with the craft of orientation on the bottom of the fly app being off,simply go into setting (iPhone) privacy, location services,then system services and toggle compass calibration off and on, WITH DEVICE IN REMOTE! and it should show correct orientation of your drone in relation to you! You may need to exit fly app completely for it to take effect!

Someone knows how to android :(?) I have a Samsung A7 (2018) and whenever I fly the orientation guide is badly positioned.

Someone knows how to android :(?) I have a Samsung A7 (2018) and whenever I fly the orientation guide is badly positioned.

The hall sensors in the mini remote messes with the compass in the phones and tablets. Try not pushing the phone all the way up against the remote when it’s in the phone holder arms. That and also try putting the phone in the arms of the controller with the charging port on the right instead of on the left. You will need a longer cord.

It depends on the type of Android phone. My Huawei Mate 20 Pro doesn't have a compas problem at all while Samsung phones all have.
In fact the Mate 20 Pro is my first phone which has a fully reliable compass, while with other phones I always had to calibrate the compass every time before using it, even while hiking without drone.

But back to the problem:
Attach your phone to the remote without connecting the cable, then power on the remote and do a compass calibration by rotating the phone-remote combo around all three axis for several times. That should fix it.

Holy balls batman it work.. thanks guys tried the shutting on and off calibration and worked perfect. Only issue i have is sometimes it turns red and says gps not working on my phone

I'm going to move it lower from the rc

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM