DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to force a software reinstall

Gary B

Reactions
I am getting a status message: forward left vision sensor error (a00004). This results in a Vision System Error (a00004). I was not getting this message when I last flew.
I thought that perhaps reinstalling the control software on the MPP would be an appropriate 1st troubleshooting step.
But I cannot find instructions for how to force a reinstall of the current software...can anyone help guide me?
Thanks,Gary

Reactions: Former Member
I can't get DJI Assistant 2 to connect to the MPP from my iMac. I connect the USB cable to Mavic, connect to iMac (that is on running assistant 2), then power on the MPP. No response from DJI Asst. 2. Did the initial upgrade via my DJI Go4 app on my iPhone.
Didn't crash the drone, but it did fall off a picnic table landindig on it's back on the ground with no visible damage to front sensors or gimble/camera.
Thanks,
Gary

Finally got DJI Asst 2 to connect. Calibration steps shows left front sensor not functioning. Reinstalling firmware did nothing to fix. So must be hardware failure.
MPP seems to fly OK despite loss of this sensor. While I intend to have this repaired, can I continue to fly knowing forward obstacle avoidance is not functioning (like in SPORT mode)?
Thanks ,
Gary

I am conservative, but id get it fixed before i flew it much... bid you buy the drone care plan?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98