DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to hand launch and catch your Mavic Mini 2

For landing I would suggest a flat palm with fingers and thumb flat - if (it will one day) a blade catches your finger it will cut you.

Good idea but the downward sensors will try to read the uneven surface of your hand and not be predictable. I have tried that and launched and cought many DJI drones and for consistency found the method I used the best and never hurt myself. But it's up to you. Its most important for you to use what method suits you. Try them all. :)

Does slipping your hand under the mini work same as other DJI drone sensors ?
If you slide it in within a couple of inches, it won't move up ?
Just not sure if any other front (side / rear?) sensors might not allow this.
Just hold your hand under flat about a foot below while it reads it, and continue to hold down on the left stick. It will rise slightly first due to sensors, then will come down in a gentle controlled landing.

Sliding your hand under works every time. The only one I have not tried it on is the inspire :)

Sliding your hand under works every time. The only one I have not tried it on is the inspire :)
Just hold your hand under flat about a foot below while it reads it, and continue to hold down on the left stick. It will rise slightly first due to sensors, then will come down in a gentle controlled landing.

That's what I meant there Chris, if you slide hand under close to the bottom sensors on (what looks like all) DJI drones, they don't react :)

Yes, it works with every single one, except the Phantom of course.

I'm pretty sure there aren't any other sensors. Also, every time it jumps up, so maybe I am getting my hand too far under the drone.

I'm pretty sure there aren't any other sensors. Also, every time it jumps up, so maybe I am getting my hand too far under the drone.

Probably distance, but maybe try @Bodkin's Best Photography suggestion, that works.
Hand arched upwards use as a landing pad, for the mini at least, don't think I'll try it with the M1P.

I don't hold my hand out flat because I have more control with the sliding my hand in with a light contact, almost like a caress or snuggle as if it were a little bird. Like a cup shaped hand but where you have like a mold your hand to the drone. That way I have all the drone in my hand slightly raising it then pull back the left stick.
Getting a bit salacious here, don't worry I had to look that up as well.

• Haha
Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin