DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to install APP on the Mini 3 Pro's RC with ADB Appcontrol ?

pyrolator

Reactions
Hello Pilots,
i figured out to see the RC-Android System with this Tutorial :
Youtubelink

Now i need help how to install APK/App's on the Controller and how to get an launcher and other App to work ?

I am afraid to BRICK the RC if i do something wrong and thats why i ask here.

Greets and happy landings

Are you trying to install apps on the RC Pro or the DJI RC that comes bundled with Mini 3 Pro? From the video you linked to, it seems like you want to install to the DJI RC which cannot install third party apps without some sort of hack as the video alludes to whereas with the RC Pro controller you can install third party apps.

Maybe change your title to more accurately reflect what this thread is about and maybe you will get more help. Right now it is confusing.

Chris

Reactions: pyrolator
Changed Title.
Yes, you need the FCC Hack on the Mini 3 Pro.
But im unsure how to install an APK like the S9 Launcher and get them running instead the DJI Fly.

greets and happy landings

Reactions: Chrislaf
I’m not sure about the S9 launcher but I think I remember reading another thread about this topic a few weeks ago. If I find anything I’ll post back. In the meantime, good luck with your search.

Chris

I’m not sure about the S9 launcher but I think I remember reading another thread about this topic a few weeks ago. If I find anything I’ll post back. In the meantime, good luck with your search.

Chris
Thanks for your help

Reactions: Chrislaf
after installing djifcc you have access to adb, which will be available until the second restart of your remote

The key is the FCC hack and ADB appcontrol.
Connect the RC with your Windows PC.
Start ADB appcontrol and then apply the FCC hack.
After this ADB appcontrol show you the files on the RC.
Now you are able to install your own 32bit APK files.

That's the short version from the video I linked above.

Reactions: Cizzz
For those who have installed third party apps in to the DJI RC (Not Pro),let us know if it slows down the RC in any form and can you install to SD card?
Just thinking ahead when Litchi releases the M3P version

too little free ram memory, in practice everything slows down or closes due to the little ram, you can install apps in the form of apk files and it works, but the limit is that the apps close
for install apk it takes fcc mod running then adb appcontrol is launched and the dji trusts your pc

too little free ram memory, in practice everything slows down or closes due to the little ram, you can install apps in the form of apk files and it works, but the limit is that the apps close
for install apk it takes fcc mod running then adb appcontrol is launched and the dji trusts your pc
That's what i was afraid of, installing apps and the RC would lag due to not enough memory making it unstable when flying. and because I don't want to part with £750 for RC pro I rather spend £60 on a RC-N1 and use it whenever needed

Done with the help from an friendly pilot in an other Forum.
Can I ask what app(s) did you install ?
Would like to know if dronelink or litchi would install and run , as I would like to use waypoints with my mini 3 pro .

When reading on the dronelink beta forum I found this :

Comment author
Martin Reading Dronelink Expert Dronelink Expert
3 days ago
If you read through the last link i sent, you'll see that Dronelink are in communication with DJI and have sent the information and an app that shows the problem over a month ago and have heard nothing back, and until they get a response from DJI there is nothing Dronelink can do, these problems are down to DJI as the Dronelink DJI app uses the same codebase as the normal version of Dronelink used without problems of crashing with drones such as the mini2, the ball is in DJI's court to sort THEIR software

The dronelink software for the mini 3 PRO is absolutely useless as it crashes every flight , and this is happening for over 6 months now . Dronelink is sitting and waiting for DJI to come back to them and fix the dronelink software :)
So ok , that is a dead end for proper waypoints on mini 3 pro . Also , they do not support the DJI RC . (if you try to install you need to use their legacy 32 bit installer)

Litchi beta is currently closed , on top of that to be able to use the beta they require you to buy the litchi app + require you to buy the new app once it is out of beta . So Litchi is no option either apparently .

Are there any other options for proper waypoint navigation on mini 3 pro , besides Litchi and Dronelink ?

Last edited:
The key is the FCC hack and ADB appcontrol.
Connect the RC with your Windows PC.
Start ADB appcontrol and then apply the FCC hack.
After this ADB appcontrol show you the files on the RC.
Now you are able to install your own 32bit APK files.

That's the short version from the video I linked above.
@pryolator - I've been trying to find this for a while and hoped you can help me further...

The FCC hack - I've found a telegram contact for this - Did you manage to find it free anywhere?
Once the hack is applied am I right in saying you can install an apk via ADB appcontrol? (I have an beta 3rd party app enabling cloud streaming and remote control. It's been proven on other DJI Smart controllers!)
Can you disable the DJI Fly app when the RC starts up so there are no conflicts?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

@pryolator - I've been trying to find this for a while and hoped you can help me further...

The FCC hack - I've found a telegram contact for this - Did you manage to find it free anywhere?
Once the hack is applied am I right in saying you can install an apk via ADB appcontrol? (I have an beta 3rd party app enabling cloud streaming and remote control. It's been proven on other DJI Smart controllers!)
Can you disable the DJI Fly app when the RC starts up so there are no conflicts?

Yes you can disable it. Though, it does not seem to start automatically if you install a launcher.

But the litchi app does not have the api for mini 3 pro. So I couldn't connect to my drone :( wasted money on buying litchi for no reason 😄

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240108_002253_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240108_002253_Gallery.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13

Sorry but i dont know how to find a free Version of the FCC-Tool.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661