DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to know when the software update is coming

poppeye

Reactions
Nothing is as annoying as when you are about to take of and find out that you can't because of a software update. Am going to the other side of the Earth ( bali ) in to weeks i dont whant to be on a abounded island and suddenly have to do a software update, how can i know when djI comes with a new one?

Reactions: GraemeNZ
Why would a software update prevent you from taking off? If you don't want to update, then you should ignore the prompt to update and fly instead.

hmmm. last time was going to make a flight the mavic told me with a red color " can't take off, uppdate requierd " i Think it's the same mesage every time a New uppdate is coming in the dji app 4. I live om Norway ( europe )

hmmm. last time was going to make a flight the mavic told me with a red color " can't take off, uppdate requierd " i Think it's the same mesage every time a New uppdate is coming in the dji app 4. I live om Norway ( europe )
I just x out of it and take off. I have ignored the update on several occasions and never encountered what your talking about. I own a MPP.

Reactions: CJenk42 and poppeye
As mentioned, neither software nor firmware (you mention both so I'm not sure which applies) stops you from using the Mavic. It seems this way but you can fly without updating.

Reactions: CJenk42 and poppeye
hmmm. last time was going to make a flight the mavic told me with a red color " can't take off, uppdate requierd "
It told you "update required" but not "can't take off". Update Required is just somewhat insisting wording for "update available". You are not actually required to do it at all.

Reactions: poppeye
I'd be amazed if the MP gets another update anyway (or at least before the M2).

And as others have said, not a problem. It doesn't force you to take updates. I delayed one for 2 months when working offshore because theres no safe way of recalibrating on a ship.

Reactions: poppeye
I’m Hussein’s that in the future a notification process will be in place

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes