DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to make and edit your manual timelaps with LRTimelaps, Adobe LR and Adobe Premiere

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
In this video I am demonstrating a very basic way to edit your DNG raw pictures taken every 2 seconds with your drone, in this case Mavic 3. I save all the 980 pictures in to a folder and I explain a very basic process of editing and transforming your pictures in a timelaps. Also I open the video in Adobe Premiere to stabilize and add some music. Everything is a very basic editing just to demonstrate the process, the timelaps can be much better but will make the video longer. I hope this help everybody. LRTtimelaps is a free software but limited to 400 frames or pictures and also limit the final quality to 4K. The pro version allow you to do much more like the one I am using here. LRTimelaps site https://lrtimelapse.com/download/

There are many ways to do this much more professional way but this is a very basic instruction to have the idea. Any comment good or bad are welcome.

In this video I am demonstrating a very basic way to edit your DNG raw pictures taken every 2 seconds with your drone, in this case Mavic 3. I save all the 980 pictures in to a folder and I explain a very basic process of editing and transforming your pictures in a timelaps. Also I open the video in Adobe Premiere to stabilize and add some music. Everything is a very basic editing just to demonstrate the process, the timelaps can be much better but will make the video longer. I hope this help everybody. LRTtimelaps is a free software but limited to 400 frames or pictures and also limit the final quality to 4K. The pro version allow you to do much more like the one I am using here. LRTimelaps site https://lrtimelapse.com/download/

There are many ways to do this much more professional way but this is a very basic instruction to have the idea. Any comment good or bad are welcome.

I am going through today's forum and found your tutorial so I read it and looked at it again. You say that you took over 900 DNG images (RAW) at 2 second interval? Does that mean that the M3 will do 2 second rather that 5 second intervals for RAW. On my M2 Pr I can only do JPG at 2 second intervals and RAW takes 5 seconds.

Dale

I am going through today's forum and found your tutorial so I read it and looked at it again. You say that you took over 900 DNG images (RAW) at 2 second interval? Does that mean that the M3 will do 2 second rather that 5 second intervals for RAW. On my M2 Pr I can only do JPG at 2 second intervals and RAW takes 5 seconds.

Dale
I shoot RAW hyperlapses on the M2P and can choose any intervals between 2 and 10 seconds

Depends on your shutter speed. I've shot many night hyperlapses in RAW at 2 second intervals. Mainly using a .3 second exposure.
Correct. The problem of a fast shoot is that even using 3200 ISO and 2.8 Aperture the images go way under exposure and make it useless to lose too much information. I can go higher in the ISO but will be too much noise for a time-lapse with the M2P. This is when the M3 shines. The camera is much better at night than the M2P and the MA2S.

Correct. The problem of a fast shoot is that even using 3200 ISO and 2.8 Aperture the images go way under exposure and make it useless to lose too much information. I can go higher in the ISO but will be too much noise for a time-lapse with the M2P. This is when the M3 shines. The camera is much better at night than the M2P and the MA2S.
Totally agree. I'm in a waiting game to get the M3 just for the low light pics/vids. I cheated with my night lapses shooting in well lit areas where I used a low ISO.

To give you an idea of how much you can recover from the M3 DNG without getting noise to check the first clip that was without recovering the exposure vs the second video cranked with LRTimelaps mask in LR.

To give you an idea of how much you can recover from the M3 DNG without getting noise to check the first clip that was without recovering the exposure vs the second video cranked with LRTimelaps mask in LR.

Thanks for the comparison zeusfl. Yeah, huge difference. Now I don't want to wait much longer. Plus, the 28 second clip vs 16 seconds for the M2P is a big deal to me.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_