DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

Hi Guys
Some of this has been touched upon, but basically I am wary about just doing a roll back without some backup. I get this WinSPCnet error when I try to do a backup, even though I have a good connection through DJI Assistant 2. I know this has been reported before but I cant seem to find the post it was in. However some op somewhere must have been able to get a backup... so if you havebeen able, would you be so kind as to post about which version of Windows, etc you were using, or what other software you had on your machine that allowed you to make a successful backup of your current software, did you use some secure file transfer protocol like PuTTy or something similar, someone somewhere has managed it so how was it done... Pleaseeee Help.
PS... sorry about the crappy photo, taken straight from my crappy Windows 7 laptop.
Waylander

IMG_6065-1.jpg

I believe if you revisit gigdats tutorial it may give you the answer.

I know I received the same but recall I clicked continue with no issues.

I don't mean to give out bad info just telling you how it worked for me, check the videos again, I did about six times.

Also some answers were given at the beginning of this string.

Hope this helps!

Also as I recall, once you check connectivity with the drone and assistant, I closed assistant and then started the rollback process... In the tutorial as I recall

Reactions: Robbyg
So... I want to have the ability to do a roll back & backup, I have no issues at this time with .900 I'm a MacBook owner so I'm looking for suggestions as far as what version of windows works best for this so I can plan my next move, thanks!

So... I want to have the ability to do a roll back & backup, I have no issues at this time with .900 I'm a MacBook owner so I'm looking for suggestions as far as what version of windows works best for this so I can plan my next move, thanks!

Win7 worked flawlessly for me. Many people have used Win10 without issues.

Rob

Also as I recall, once you check connectivity with the drone and assistant, I closed assistant and then started the rollback process... In the tutorial as I recall

I do not run assistant during the process.

Rob

Hi Guys
Some of this has been touched upon, but basically I am wary about just doing a roll back without some backup. I get this WinSPCnet error when I try to do a backup, even though I have a good connection through DJI Assistant 2. I know this has been reported before but I cant seem to find the post it was in. However some op somewhere must have been able to get a backup... so if you havebeen able, would you be so kind as to post about which version of Windows, etc you were using, or what other software you had on your machine that allowed you to make a successful backup of your current software, did you use some secure file transfer protocol like PuTTy or something similar, someone somewhere has managed it so how was it done... Pleaseeee Help.
PS... sorry about the crappy photo, taken straight from my crappy Windows 7 laptop.
Waylander

View attachment 19855

Did you download the full .zip file or just the .exe?

bob

Hi Guys
Waylander

View attachment 19855
I followed the instructions to a "T" with no issues what so ever. I have an HP laptop running Windows 10 home upgraded from Windows 8 originally.

It just worked for me. I only downgraded the bird to .700. My RC is still on .800.

Reactions: SKYGUY_88
I have the same GO Win10 home upgraded from Win8 home on HP. I did have to for whatever reason open device manager and as soon as I did the usb comm popped up. I had DJI Go open and connected closed it out then backed up with DUMLdor and installed FW on both AC and RC. I just did it, this past weekend

Hi All
Many Thanks to all the OP's who responded to my question regarding the WinSCPnet question... I will have to go back and check all of my steps, I did download the necessary DJI firmware files, but maybe I either downloaded the Dumldore.zip file and extracted the .exe to my desktop, or I only downloaded the .exe, I'm going to probably erase everything I downloaded and then start again.
Thanks guys for all your quick responses.
Waylander

Hi All
Many Thanks to all the OP's who responded to my question regarding the WinSCPnet question... I will have to go back and check all of my steps, I did download the necessary DJI firmware files, but maybe I either downloaded the Dumldore.zip file and extracted the .exe to my desktop, or I only downloaded the .exe, I'm going to probably erase everything I downloaded and then start again.
Thanks guys for all your quick responses.
Waylander
Another thing I left out is that I used the Windows admin login even though my user account has admin rights. Windows 10 plays with the admin rights so I elevated them and just used the Windows admin account within win 10. Here are instructions if anyone needs them.

Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

Thanks,
Roy

Reactions: SKYGUY_88
Another thing I left out is that I used the Windows admin login even though my user account has admin rights. Windows 10 plays with the admin rights so I elevated them and just used the Windows admin account within win 10. Here are instructions if anyone needs them.

Thanks,
Roy

Hi Roy
Thanks for your response, I didn't even know that the Elevated Admin account even existed..:confused:, so eventually I did as the OP Steelgtr suggested, I read the instructions, yes I know last resort when all else fails.... doh. The WinSCPnet. was enclosed in the zip file...
Running from the unzipped folder then allowed me to run the Dumldore.exe
Hurray partial success, even though I checked for a good connection through DJI Assistant 2, I still could not create a backup of the UAV firmware, nor that of the DJI Goggles. The RC however was backed up.. ?
So I moved and renamed the Backup folder for the RC, and went through exactly the same procedure again to backup the RC, this time it failed, and did so on every subsequent attempt.
You can see from the DUMLdore-master folder that there are several (renamed) backup's and also a folder was created called decrypt, anyone know what that is for, ? and also you can see that the DUMLdore.exe failed at a point called "Fixing Headers".
So any boffins out there with any suggestions please post, I am reluctant to try a restore, from this situation, because the original post advised against it, and the YouTube video also said don't do it if you can not get a good backup.... Help please
Waylander.
Img_6066.jpg

Reactions: HSK
Sounds a little like my experience with it. The RC backed up fine. AC was visible etc, but the back up would always fail. By peeking at the ftp action, I could see the action would hang when it was pulling off the biggest file in the firmware folder. There's a process where it creates a .tmp file on board before downloading it to the folder. But it would reach the max of the file size (that particular file was around 52mb) and then just stop. That folder on board was full of .tmp files creates via failed attempts.

Hmm not sure if this sheds any light if any. But yea, that's what I saw.

Hi Roy
Thanks for your response, I didn't even know that the Elevated Admin account even existed..:confused:, so eventually I did as the OP Steelgtr suggested, I read the instructions, yes I know last resort when all else fails.... doh. The WinSCPnet. was enclosed in the zip file...
Running from the unzipped folder then allowed me to run the Dumldore.exe
Hurray partial success, even though I checked for a good connection through DJI Assistant 2, I still could not create a backup of the UAV firmware, nor that of the DJI Goggles. The RC however was backed up.. ?
So I moved and renamed the Backup folder for the RC, and went through exactly the same procedure again to backup the RC, this time it failed, and did so on every subsequent attempt.
You can see from the DUMLdore-master folder that there are several (renamed) backup's and also a folder was created called decrypt, anyone know what that is for, ? and also you can see that the DUMLdore.exe failed at a point called "Fixing Headers".
So any boffins out there with any suggestions please post, I am reluctant to try a restore, from this situation, because the original post advised against it, and the YouTube video also said don't do it if you can not get a good backup.... Help please
Waylander.
View attachment 19984
Sounds like the error means it's looking for something that isn't there. I have not looked at the specifics of what the program is doing at this point but it's being pointed to an array in a file and it's not in the array. Jazzab should be able to shed some more light in that. I just know in Win 10 I used the elevated admin rights and had no problems. Have you tried that?

I didn't even try with my normal Win 10 user account so I don't know if it would have worked or not. I just didn't want any problems.

Last edited:

Thanks,
Roy

Thanks for that, I picked up an el' cheapo Win 10 machine today at best buy, plan on trying to back up and downgrade to .700 on my test bird

Regardless of which firmware their MP is on, I'm curios to know if most people continuously update the latest DJI GO app, or stick with a specific version of that as well?
I'm on 800, but have always updated the DJO GO app. I'm using IOS. Been flying since early May and reading this site since, but decided to join today.

I just got my Mavic a few weeks ago, I had already been reading on here before getting it. I immediately rolled AC and RC back to .400, and DJI GO to 4.0.7. I have been happy with it with the way it is and will not be changing, I also installed a firewall to block DJI. This morning I woke my tablet up and went and flew a few batteries out. Since my tablet has been awake between 9:42am-10:17am DJI has tried getting to the web 347 times yea I sat and counted the log. Thank you to everyone and all the helpful information to make this drone mine and not a borrowed.

Can anyone help?
I am on the newest (as of Aug 24) firmware version .10000.
I want SO BADLY to go back to 700 !!
I am on Windows 10 (upgraded from 7).
Tried the instructions to a "T" including:
- Running as Admin
- Turning off firewall/antivirus
- Downloading the entire ZIP file (not just the EXE)
- Extracting the ZIP folder to the desktop and running the EXE from that extracted folder
- I verify that the Mavic is connected using DJI Assistant 2., then I close DJI Assistant completely.
- **** Then I run this app, which actually DOES recognize the MavicPro on COM4 so I know I am good there ****
....but....
When I click backup it creates the Backup folder and creates one or two files and just hangs for ever (45 minutes until the battery drains).

- I also tried running in compatibility mode for Win7 and no luck (there was no Win10 option as far as I could see).

I did notice somewhere it stating my EXE file was 32 bit (I think in Task Manager when I had to kill it when it was hanging for 45 minutes). Do I need the 64 bit version of the EXE? Is there one?

Any other ideas why I am hanging/freezing??
Has anyone successfully gone DOWN from the newest 0.10000 to 700 ??

Thanks so much!! -Chris

Last edited:
Can anyone help?

Has anyone successfully gone DOWN from the newest 0.10000 to 700 ??

Thanks so much!! -Chris
digdat0 just posted a video today illustrating doing exactly that, as a matter of fact - see his YT channel or flyflydrones.com
So that proves it can be done; your software issues may be a different story, but I wrestled with drivers for two weeks before I got mine sorted out, so don't give up!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22