DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

This the problem I have... could help me?

Attachments

• Erro ftp.JPG
    Erro ftp.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 87
I also had this problem. I could not find a way to fix it. I used a different computer(my laptop) and it worked. I then reformatted and loaded a new windows install and it worked. It must have something to do with windows.

Firewall I have tried... I will try another computer. See what I found also...

Attachments

• Erro ftp 2.JPG
    Erro ftp 2.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 60
Try using DUMLdore to downgrade to 1.3.0700 then open fw 1.4.0000 with 7zip, delete 305 & 306, DUMLdore modded 1.4.0000

Best of both worlds, features or 1.4.0000 with functions of 1.3.0700

Has anyone tried RTH or Auto-land after doing this?

I tried this on a MP running .700 previously. Upgraded to 1.4.000, with removed modules 305, 306, and 905. Upgrade went fine. Went to 1.4.000 with no problems (even concluded at 100%). Upgraded the RC and Goggles to standard (unmodded) 1.4.000 versions.

Went to fly and the Quickshot modes were there and functioning properly. However, when I initiated a RTH, there was a significant difference. The RC (and app) both signaled that the craft was returning home. MP climbed to the designated altitude and returned to the location of the home point. However, when the MP went into landing mode it never lowered in altitude. Just stayed fixed in position at the RTH height, immediately over the home location. Canceling the landing procedure and landing manually worked fine.

Put the Mavic up again but this time only used the auto-landing function of the app. Same thing. Acted like it was landing, but remained fixed in position at whatever height it was at.

Confirmed that it was the new FW by downgrading the MP again to .700. RTH and auto-landing worked perfectly (no settings were changed either from right before when it had the 1.4.000 FW loaded).

I thought I potentially created the issue by having a faulty download of the 1.4.000 bin file. So I proceeded to re-download it, remove the same modules, and flash the MP. No difference from before. Would return to home point fine but wouldn't auto-land.

Initially I thought I could live with this, as it was returning to the home position and I could simply land it manually. However, I realized that this would actually be a huge issue. If the MP needed to auto-land somewhere due to critical low battery or if my RC died for some reason, the bird would end up staying at altitude until the battery ran out completely and then plummet from the sky.

So, has anyone tried the RTH or auto-land features after having flashed with the newer FW minus the mods?

Reactions: Ping^Spike
After doing quite a bit of experimentation today, with various FW versions and forms, I determined that the issue is not caused by the updated 1.4.000 firmware, even without the three above-mentioned modules. The cause of the faulty behavior was due to a very specific parameter change, that had been incorporated before in my Mavic. Since we're not allowed to discuss parameter changes on this forum, PM me if you'd like to know which parameter change caused the issue.

I was going to ask if you had changed any parameters but you said it was ok in 700 fw
Confirmed that it was the new FW by downgrading the MP again to .700. RTH and auto-landing worked perfectly (no settings were changed either from right before when it had the 1.4.000 FW loaded)

I was going to ask if you had changed any parameters but you said it was ok in 700 fw

It was OK in .700. Apparently that specific parameter change is incompatible with 1.4.000 firmware for some reason. All the rest are still fine (functioning properly and compatible with 1.4.000).

I have solve the problem.
I found that when I upgrade windows at Nov.11, it show this error.
My solution is the following:
1. disable wifi , and config the local connection which dji create after connected.
2. config the local connection with custom IP and Gateway. As the following image .

微信图片_20171105131640.png

I just did the following and flashed back to AC in usual time if around 15 minutes:

1) Deleted folders 305 & 306 from latest firmware V01.04.0000.
2) Connected AC to dumldor and backed up my modified firmware V01.03.700 from AC to Dumldore.
3) Opened that backup using 7-zip and copied the folders 305 & 306 in to new firmware bin file.
4) Flashed modified firmware v01.04.0000 took around 15 as usual.
5) check parameters folder and all modified settings present and correct.
I did the same as you did , but I get "Main Controller Data Error" when I finish flash.
Do you flash your RC firmware ?

People getting "Main Controller Data Error" are you downgrading the mavic or platinum?

The flight controller (FC) must be what its referring to and the way flight data is handled changed in 1.3.1000 fw
305 & 306 are fc fw so if for some reason your mavic comes up with this error likelihood is that you will have to stay with 1.3.1000 or 1.4.0000 for now

People getting "Main Controller Data Error" are you downgrading the mavic or platinum?

The flight controller (FC) must be what its referring to and the way flight data is handled changed in 1.3.1000 fw
305 & 306 are fc fw so if for some reason your mavic comes up with this error likelihood is that you will have to stay with 1.3.1000 or 1.4.0000 for now
Does that mean that anyone that upgraded via the DJI official method to the latest firmware are now unable to roll back to earlier versions?

I have twice on different drones and many others have
there's only a handful of people having this issue though

Last edited:
Reactions: angusc
I have solve the problem.
I found that when I upgrade windows at Nov.11, it show this error.
My solution is the following:
1. disable wifi , and config the local connection which dji create after connected.
2. config the local connection with custom IP and Gateway. As the following image .

View attachment 24364
Thank you!!!!
I got it!!!

I have tried everything for the last 3 weeks or so and I keep getting this same exact FTP error. I'm running the DJI+Assistant+2+1.1.2_2 , I run DUMLdore and it detects my AC as Comm 3 I then click to backup firmware,it tries connecting for a good minute or so then I get the annoying FTP error like Aryton posted initially above.Exact same thing. I'm running windows ten, I tried with my other laptop running windows 8.1 but the DJI Assistant 2 1.12 doesn't pick my Mavic up at all when connected..Please Help guys, I've had my Mavic for a month and haven't even flown it yet... I appreciate it...That's awesome Aryton got his working ...

Does that mean that anyone that upgraded via the DJI official method to the latest firmware are now unable to roll back to earlier versions?

No. It shouldn't be a problem. I had a MP that was having issues flashing via Dumbldore to anything other than .400. Finally got it to flash to .550, then I was able to update to 1.4.000 via the DJI GO app (note, I kept getting an error via DJI Assistant while trying to update). Once it updated to the normal stock 1.4.000 via the app, I was then able to rollback to .700. No issues there and functioned like it should under .700. I then proceeded to upgrade to a modded 1.4.000 (minus 305, 306, and 905), without a problem. It runs the modded 1.4.000 like it was .700, and yet I now have the new Quickshot features and compatibility of other apps, like with stock 1.4.000 firmware.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman