DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

It is a text file of commands you need to run.
Got it.

I've rooted phones many times before, in this case being we can flash firmwares just fine. What is the true purpose of using root on the bird? I mean, what benefits are we seeing from doing so.

On my phone, it was usually enabling hotspot type of thing. I'm not sure more there is to do with root that we can use. Maybe I'm just unaware of more.

Being I'm not fully familiar with Java, how would I run UNINSTALL.md? Or read, not even sure what .md is. [emoji848] Hahaha

Same way as Java -jar kinda? See told ya idk.

Cmd

adb shell

mount -o remount,rw /vendor rm /vendor/bin/check_1860_state.sh mount -o remount,ro /vendor

reboot

Reactions: Borntofly
Ya it doesnt ask

Ask if wanted root?

Mine

AC Mode

Choose target port: (* suggested port)
[1] COM4 : USB Serial Device (COM4)
[E] Exit
Choose port: 1
Using Port: COM4
Sending upgrade command
Uploading payload 1
Exploiting
Race 1 has started
You won race one, taking a breather for 10 seconds
You feel great, like you could race again!
Sending upgrade command
Uploading payload 2
Exploiting
Race 2 has started
You are in the lead!
Looks like you won!.
Reboot the target device. and try using adb (for root) or downgrading.

C:\>adb devices
List of devices attached

List of devices attached

C:\>

After DUMLdore

List of devices attached
sendboozetojcase device

Well, more like suggested what do you want to do next... Mine stopped after rebooting device and giving the two options of root or go downgrade. I closed it off from there and proceeded to reflash the same firmware for testing/confirmation, then downgraded once that worked.

I never used the C:\adb devices CMD.

Got it.

I've rooted phones many times before, in this case being we can flash firmwares just fine. What is the true purpose of using root on the bird? I mean, what benefits are we seeing from doing so.

On my phone, it was usually enabling hotspot type of thing. I'm not sure more there is to do with root that we can use. Maybe I'm just unaware of more.

I'm not sure why everyone else wants root, i use it so I can do analysis and find more bugs.

Reactions: Borntofly
I'm not sure why everyone else wants root, i use it so I can do analysis and find more bugs.
Nice, if I knew how to do that, I would certainly assist anyway I could to help with that. I'm still curious as to how the hell upload kept stalling, and what caused it, where as now it's fine.

Back to the exploit, I ran the exploit via dumldore when that was just released days ago, I never had any issues with hangups at stg2. It rolled on by just fine while on firmware .700, ofc shortly after that the upload failed hahaha.

Nice, if I knew how to do that, I would certainly assist anyway I could to help with that. I'm still curious as to how the **** upload kept stalling, and what caused it, where as now it's fine.

Back to the exploit, I ran the exploit via dumldore when that was just released days ago, I never had any issues with hangups at stg2. It rolled on by just fine while on firmware .700, ofc shortly after that the upload failed hahaha.

I can't speak for dumbldore sorry, I don't have hands in that besides providing some advice regarding my payloads.

I personally have no use for it at the moment, good to know its available and how to get it, tested how to get it for reference and to assist others as and when they ask for help

I'm always willing to learn more, being I tune cars for a living, have to try everything for solutions.

If anyone could help guide me along the way to searching for bugs or anything else and when I have questions about, to explain details, whole root process and getting into all that, I'd be more than happy to share any info found to help others build solutions.

I'm always willing to learn more, being I tune cars for a living, have to try everything for solutions.

If anyone could help guide me along the way to searching for bugs or anything else and when I have questions about, to explain details, whole root process and getting into all that, I'd be more than happy to share any info found to help others build solutions.

For this case, you need to learn how to use a disassembler, like IDA Pro, and start playing with embeded linux systems.

7D4E7749-80C3-407A-BC65-3B8E3DEA5F60.jpeg just finished downgrading !!!ready to fly now
Ask if wanted root?

Mine

AC Mode

Choose target port: (* suggested port)
[1] COM4 : USB Serial Device (COM4)
[E] Exit
Choose port: 1
Using Port: COM4
Sending upgrade command
Uploading payload 1
Exploiting
Race 1 has started
You won race one, taking a breather for 10 seconds
You feel great, like you could race again!
Sending upgrade command
Uploading payload 2
Exploiting
Race 2 has started
You are in the lead!
Looks like you won!.
Reboot the target device. and try using adb (for root) or downgrading.

List of devices attached

List of devices attached

C:\>

After DUMLdore

List of devices attached
sendboozetojcase device

How many of you guys have done the GPS + and Sports + changes from digdat. There was some talk about maybe changing the descent velocity too much may cause loss of control. Anyone have any experience with the GPS+ and Sport+ changes?

Out of curiosity, what is the "Activate Mavic" button for on the recent release of Dumldore?

I was able to roll back on .700 but not able to test due to heavy rain. I then came across that .400 is also good. What are your pros n cons on .400 vs .700 Thanks in advance

Hey guys, I'm having a problem flashing firmware (looking to downgrade due to NFZ issues--personal preference) using DroneZBreak on my mac. I'm following the directions on this thread, but once it starts trying to flash the firmware, I'm getting a time-out error. I've tried it several times (after closing and re-opening the program and restarting the Mavic and the Assistant 2 programs. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Stephen

Hey guys, I'm having a problem flashing firmware (looking to downgrade due to NFZ issues--personal preference) using DroneZBreak on my mac. I'm following the directions on this thread, but once it starts trying to flash the firmware, I'm getting a time-out error. I've tried it several times (after closing and re-opening the program and restarting the Mavic and the Assistant 2 programs. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Stephen
mostly high sierra cause the problem!!!

Reactions: #28

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore