DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

For people having any shaking problems maybe this will help you ...

Report back please if this solves ( or doesn't solve ) your problem :)

Also, it's important that you use an appropriate lubricant. Some lubricants can cause plastics to weaken so it's important to look into which kinds are safe and which are not.

I've started noticing a "shake" on take off after downgrading, however mine seems to go away after a few moments of flight. Not sure why it starts, or stops, but I've noticed the same thing, but my "shake" goes away after a few movements of the aircraft.
What firmware are you running on the RC?

right now i have 03.0900/04.000 on AC, 03.1000 on RC
All good except for the occasional "motor current error".
Not sure how serious i should take this. I assume the actual ESC firmware is uncritical.
( must be self-consistent within the ESC modules)

either the max current reported does not match what the FC expects, or there is a mismatch in the
interpretation of ESC status report.

On the other hand .. i'll try and fly with regular MP propellors. If this consistently work with zero error,
i assume its the latter (mismatch in status report)

====
Update:
I did test with the regular MP propellors -- no error (!)
So that seems to confirm my theory. The new propellors will draw more
current than the old FC expects - > error. Except that it isn't.
(As the new ESC should be able to deal with that).

There must be some parameter in the FC, which sets max current.

Last edited:
Now when I try to connect to AC on Wi-Fi the app wo nt let me switch to mavic pro and is stuck on phantom 4 and says RC connected when it's not even on. This is really annoying.

For people having any shaking problems maybe this will help you ...

Report back please if this solves ( or doesn't solve ) your problem :)

Also, it's important that you use an appropriate lubricant. Some lubricants can cause plastics to weaken so it's important to look into which kinds are safe and which are not.

Tried. Does not solve "motor current error" problem in rollback for MPP. (But older propellers do)

Good morning,my mavick pro.
I could not install firmware 1.3.700 manufactured September 15, inserted microsd running 1.3.700.

Attachments

• P80131-230835.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 85
  • P80131-211129.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 80
  • P80131-200108.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 77
Reactions: naveentech907
I did test with the regular MP propellors -- no error (!)
Now the big question: You can fly the Plat with no errors reported (and so far no actual errors observed) with mixed FW and MP props. But is it quiet?

Some of us Plat owners want to have our cake and eat it too! :D

Hi guys. I only have ready access to Macbook laptop. I'm wondering if anyone has successfully downgraded from an anti-rollback version of the firmware using that platform. I'm currently on firmware version v01.04.0200 and would like to rollback to v01.03.0700. I'm sure it's possible, but I haven't seen the process laid out anywhere in step-by-step fashion and I'm having trouble connecting the dots. Is there a video or other description of the process out there?

Now the big question: You can fly the Plat with no errors reported (and so far no actual errors observed) with mixed FW and MP props. But is it quiet?

Some of us Plat owners want to have our cake and eat it too! :D

Nope. No cake and eating ...
it's either errors and quiet (and longer flight time + more stable flight)
or no errors, but more noise + less flight time. easy choice for me.

I am using now the quiet props instead and - i accept the occasional error.

Hi guys. I only have ready access to Macbook laptop. I'm wondering if anyone has successfully downgraded from an anti-rollback version of the firmware using that platform. I'm currently on firmware version v01.04.0200 and would like to rollback to v01.03.0700. I'm sure it's possible, but I haven't seen the process laid out anywhere in step-by-step fashion and I'm having trouble connecting the dots. Is there a video or other description of the process out there?
you can try this one

Video Showing JCase's Java Exploit on Windows Machine

Thanks @thapunisher , I had seen that one, but I'm not sure how to translate to the Mac environment. For instance, the commands issued in the DOS window to fire up the Java script (1:45)? I'm guessing you would need to use a different commands in an Mac OSX terminal window. Also, ports are done differently in OSX. No COM1, COM2, etc., so I'm not sure what I would enter at that point in the script. Lastly, I'm not sure what it means at the end of the video when he says, "Now you can rollback using one of our favorite tools." What Mac-based tools would do the job? Would I be able to just use DJI Assistant at this point? Sorry for all the questions. I'm not very smart about this stuff.

Thanks @thapunisher , I had seen that one, but I'm not sure how to translate to the Mac environment. For instance, the commands issued in the DOS window to fire up the Java script (1:45)? I'm guessing you would need to use a different commands in an Mac OSX terminal window. Also, ports are done differently in OSX. No COM1, COM2, etc., so I'm not sure what I would enter at that point in the script. Lastly, I'm not sure what it means at the end of the video when he says, "Now you can rollback using one of our favorite tools." What Mac-based tools would do the job? Would I be able to just use DJI Assistant at this point? Sorry for all the questions. I'm not very smart about this stuff.
have you try? you need run dumlracer first follow the instruction like you seen in that video and run command line in terminal after finish from there then you can use dronezbreak to downgrade any firmware you like.

Just downgraded from 1.04.0200 to 1.03.0700, then flashed with 1.04.0200 missing two modules. Have all the goodies of 1.04.0200 with the ability to change parameter limits like height...

Just downgraded from 1.04.0200 to 1.03.0700, then flashed with 1.04.0200 missing two modules. Have all the goodies of 1.04.0200 with the ability to change parameter limits like height...
I have noticed that this modded firmware has a problem with precision landing. This problem was reported by several pilots. Mavic are not able to land precise within the helipad od 1m diameter. Tried for three times by me with no succes.

have you try? you need run dumlracer first follow the instruction like you seen in that video and run command line in terminal after finish from there then you can use dronezbreak to downgrade any firmware you like.

I hadn't tried, too chicken. But I thought I would at least download the DUMLRacer.jar and run the java command in the Mac terminal just to see what happened. Not too much happened initially because I didn't have a java development kit installed. So I grabbed the latest JDK from the Oracle site, installed it, and tried again.

26390720738_6b7f3960ba_z.jpg

It looks like this might work! Once I hook up the drone to my laptop, I suspect it will show up as an entry on that list of ports and I'll be good to go. Unfortunately, the Mavic is out for repairs right now, but as soon as I get it back, I'll see if I can make this work. Thanks for the encouragement.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis