Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

Looking for a little help..
I am trying to downgrade a MPP to 01.03.0700

Started @ 01.04.0400
Used NLD to goto 01.04.0100
works EVERYTIME...
Then when I try to go to 01.03.0700
all hell breaks loose...Every time its successful NLD says unknown firmware... DUMLdore says its still 01.04.0100...
Nothing I do seems to get me to 01.03.0700

Things I have tried...
3 different SD cards (internal) <<<RULED OUT (AC NAMED CARD AND WROTE FILES TO IT)
Multiple computers (3 so far)
Every version of DUMLdore..
NLD MANY times
I even used DUMLRacer to remove restrictions (successfully) and apply perm root <<< This was done as a last ditch effort and afterwards I tried DUNLdore 2.12 without hack with same results... flashes but UNKNOWN firmware.....

With all the trials worst case was solid red and the connect/unconnect nightmare <<which I know how to fix now.
Best case I get unknown firmware...(mixed modules due to failure of part of the flash I suspect)

Any thoughts?

INFO:
Solid red light issue
This has happened a few time and is crazy as the AC keeps connecting / disconnecting from the PC over and over... cannot pair with RC...
I have solved this by switching to WIFI and ONLY using phone to connect to mavic hotspot... This make the AC a bit happier and stops disconnecting so you can re-flash firmware.
Rapid yellow flashing
AC keeps connecting / disconnecting from the PC over and over... cannot pair with RC...
I believe this was caused by "resetting to default" in prep to downgrade.. DO NOT DO THIS it will disconnect your RC and cause you pain and suffering :) This was the biggest pain of them all... in the end I let the AC sit and it finally connected without the reset... whewwwww

Last edited:
all **** breaks loose...Every time its successful NLD says unknown firmware... DUMLdore says its still 01.04.0100
try to ignore what these applications say as it can be misleading
just open DJI Assistant 2 with debug enabled and check if you can change the parameters or not

try to ignore what these applications say as it can be misleading
just open DJI Assistant 2 with debug enabled and check if you can change the parameters or not
Thx for the reply.... I will check tonight then... one thing though.. I have not seen mention of this? Everyone seems to roll back without issue... NLD gives me a error and says unknown firmware... I wonder if this is correct why would the tech guys not mention it?

Thx for the reply.... I will check tonight then... one thing though.. I have not seen mention of this? Everyone seems to roll back without issue... NLD gives me a error and says unknown firmware... I wonder if this is correct why would the tech guys not mention it?
yeah, another option, if you bought their software, is to contact them and to ask them
if you are worried about this unknown firmware issue...

I did.. They have been very helpful and from what I gather it SHOULD recognize the firmware so something (a module) is not flashing properly during the roll back.... I am thinking about just buying a used reg pro to flash....

Well I decided to stop trying to roll back the Platinum for a bit a bought a damaged regular pro.
After repairing it enough to test and hover I decided to try to rollback the firmware as it was an older unit that had a SD card installed... It worked perfectly the first time! (It did require a second flash as many report) So the platinum's are a pain in the *** to roll back because of the ESC board..But the reg mavs are easy like butter to go back to .700!

Is there any limitation of Firmware Version to use the function " Setting that will level your gimbal when you land automatically
g_config_landing_ctrl_gimbal_pitch_to_horiz_enable 1 (0)"

I set this to "1" but the gimbal dont move automatic during RTH and landing. I made a rollback to 1.04.0300 with the NLD Patch. All other settings are working fine.

Any ideas?

Looking for a little help..
I am trying to downgrade a MPP to 01.03.0700

Started @ 01.04.0400
Used NLD to goto 01.04.0100
works EVERYTIME...
all **** breaks loose...Every time its successful NLD says unknown firmware... DUMLdore says its still 01.04.0100...
Nothing I do seems to get me to 01.03.0700

Things I have tried...
3 different SD cards (internal) <<<RULED OUT (AC NAMED CARD AND WROTE FILES TO IT)
Multiple computers (3 so far)
Every version of DUMLdore..
NLD MANY times
I even used DUMLRacer to remove restrictions (successfully) and apply perm root <<< This was done as a last ditch effort and afterwards I tried DUNLdore 2.12 without hack with same results... flashes but UNKNOWN firmware.....

With all the trials worst case was solid red and the connect/unconnect nightmare <<which I know how to fix now.
Best case I get unknown firmware...(mixed modules due to failure of part of the flash I suspect)

Any thoughts?

INFO:
Solid red light issue
This has happened a few time and is crazy as the AC keeps connecting / disconnecting from the PC over and over... cannot pair with RC...
I have solved this by switching to WIFI and ONLY using phone to connect to mavic hotspot... This make the AC a bit happier and stops disconnecting so you can re-flash firmware.
Rapid yellow flashing
AC keeps connecting / disconnecting from the PC over and over... cannot pair with RC...
I believe this was caused by "resetting to default" in prep to downgrade.. DO NOT DO THIS it will disconnect your RC and cause you pain and suffering :) This was the biggest pain of them all... in the end I let the AC sit and it finally connected without the reset... whewwwww

Hi mate, i have the same problem as you, i tried flashing to lower version, but now all i have is a yellow blinking light and it never connects to RC or PC, please tell me the steps to fix this, i would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Hi mate, i have the same problem as you, i tried flashing to lower version, but now all i have is a yellow blinking light and it never connects to RC or PC, please tell me the steps to fix this, i would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Ok, I assume the status light is solid red and you cannot pair the rc correct?
If so try connect to the unit wifi hotspot... if you can do that switch to wifi mode and connect controller...

The unit is caught in a loop that resets right after your comp sees it... The yellow flashing loop was the hardest, but do NOT give up... it is NOT dead trust me... Let em know if the above works..

The main idea is to break that loop.. Once you do it will stay in comm mode and you can then reflash easy...

Reactions: genesimmons
If so try connect to the unit wifi hotspot... if you can do that switch to wifi mode and connect controller...

The unit is caught in a loop that resets right after your comp sees it... The yellow flashing loop was the hardest, but do NOT give up... it is NOT dead trust me... Let em know if the above works..

The main idea is to break that loop.. Once you do it will stay in comm mode and you can then reflash easy...

Thanks man, this is very strange, i managed to get out of the red lights flashing with yellow flashing, and reconnected to RC, then overnight i came back to test if its still working.... no but now there is no red lights only yellow light flashing at the back and no connection to PC or RC.

When connecting to PC, i see the 2 removable devices pop up on my computer page, and quickly they leave, and pop up again.... and i cant connect to DJI assistant.

This is really frustrating as all i wanted to do was remove the altitude lock on my mavic pro (not platinum) which did not have the SD card installed, so i installed my own, it was working fine before i started flashing.

Now even the latest version of DJI assistant does not allow me to flash, it says flashing then error at 7 percent always...

Let me know if you have the solution. THANKS!!

I have tried every method.. i honestly dont know what i am doing wrong here, please tell me exactly what you did and what versions of DumL you used to flash and get rid of this massive problem.

Also, i cant connect it to WIFI and cannot see the hotspot on my phone to connect to, so that is out of the question

My RC connects perfectly fine to the PC.

Did you move the switch to wifi? Trust me keep trying to break the loop.. The flasher is NOT important at this point because the problem you face is the connect disconnect problem.
This means as the drone goes thru the errors it keeps removing and resetting communication...

Try this..
1. Uninstall assistant and reinstall the latest.
2. reboot PC
3. Connect Mavic with fresh battery.. WAIT 10 min... see if it stop the loop even for a sec.. if it does immediately flash with assistant.

Keep trying... The yellow flashing was the hardest to get past but you WILL do it... all is not lost!~

Did you move the switch to wifi? Trust me keep trying to break the loop.. The flasher is NOT important at this point because the problem you face is the connect disconnect problem.
This means as the drone goes thru the errors it keeps removing and resetting communication...

Try this..
1. Uninstall assistant and reinstall the latest.
2. reboot PC
3. Connect Mavic with fresh battery.. WAIT 10 min... see if it stop the loop even for a sec.. if it does immediately flash with assistant.

Keep trying... The yellow flashing was the hardest to get past but you WILL do it... all is not lost!~

Thank you for all the help man, i saw another thread where a guy complained of the same thing, he said he opened it and took out the internal SD again and reflashed the latest with DJI assistant, and as soon as i took out the internal SD again, i could connect to RC but i had the SD CARD ERROR, which i had before when trying to flash without any internal SD card to a lower than 1.3.1000 firmware, which came original with the mavic pro built after September 2017.

This is what he said :

No. Take out Internal SD Card, set it aside. Then, reflash one of the new firmwares. You must flash above 01.04.xxxx. Format Internal SD Card on your computer. Put it back in. Then re-flash whatever firmware you want. Don't jump from 01.04.xxxx to like 01.03.0400. I think that's what caused the brick in the first place. Go down step by step. I did 01.04.0500, to 01.04.0400, to 01.04.0100, to 01.03.1000, to 01.03.0700, to 01.03.0400.

I tried your way, but my mavic was not cooling properly, the fan for VPU was not on and it was extremely hot and would burn your hand if you touched the bottom and it would still not connect.

At the moment, doing what he said i can connect to DJI assistant 2 and can take off, i will try the steps he outlined, the thing is, i dont mind staying with the latest firmware, it just doesnt let me go above 500M which is what i hate, and this is why i am flashing... and going through all this trouble.

This is the thread: Bricked my Mavic Pro

Just curious.... Was your Mavic pro EVER @ .400?

It was either on .400 or 1.3.1000 when i got it original firmware. Keep in mind its not a platinum, but normal mavic pro with no SD CARD internally, as its built after sep 2017.

Just curious.... Was your Mavic pro EVER @ .400?

Ok so using the DJI assistant , i just flashed to 1.04.500, which is the latest. and it seems to be working.

I will try now to downgrade to .3.900 step by step with each flash... wish me luck lol. There is still not internal SD CARD inside at this point.

Reactions: Tesadorn
Ok so using the DJI assistant , i just flashed to 1.04.500, which is the latest. and it seems to be working.

I will try now to downgrade to .3.900 step by step with each flash... wish me luck lol. There is still not internal SD CARD inside at this point.

Awesome! Good luck! here is my experience :)

I tried everything with my MPP (first owner upgraded to .400 :(.. )
Gave up and decided I would try a older unit... I bought a damaged unit and after repair, I downgraded to .700 first try... hmmm. One thing is repaired unit had .300 to start with. Maybe thats the diff..

Awesome! Good luck! here is my experience :)

I tried everything with my MPP (first owner upgraded to .400 :(.. )
Gave up and decided I would try a older unit... I bought a damaged unit and after repair, I downgraded to .700 first try... hmmm. One thing is repaired unit had .300 to start with. Maybe thats the diff..

This seems to be my situation also, although i did manage to get it a few days ago to 1.4.1000 -, with the - i was able to fly above 500m and everything was good, although it was not stable as i had the RC connection problems every restart and couldn't connect to PC.

I'm pretty sure the older unit you bought had the SD card inside already from the factory. Those who bought them are very lucky.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy