DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

some times it takes multiple tries,just keep trying
PS: make sure you're using lastest DUMLdore

Thanks for the response..

I am using DUMLdore 3.20 ..... I have gone through 3 batteries and lost count on how many tries..
Any advice.. does DUMLdore still work? I see a lot of talk on using NLD now. I know i used to get DUMLdore to work but now getting discouraged. Has something changed with it?
Again.. any help is greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: FINALLY, WENT ALL THE WAY DOWN FROM LATEST VERSION STEP BY STEP UNTIL 1.3.900, IT WORKS!!!! I cant believe it... it took so long but finally it is done. I am never updating or connecting it to internet again.

If anyone needs specific help updating their mavic which comes with no SD card, to remove limitations let me know.

I used NLD to downgrade each version until 1.3.900.
Hi yourSurf, i just need your help !! i have Mavic Pro v01.04.0500 firmware an need to go back to 01.03.700. Can you help me out here?

Folks, PLEASE be careful with rolling back firmware. I have repaired umpteen drones who had their core board fried due to trying to roll it back. Once it bricks, most of the time, youre done.

Reactions: Wilbur
I tried to downgrade to 1.3.800 with DUMLdore V3 and everything was looking good in the first step. DUMLdore said flashing completed and the drone restarted itself three times. Then problems started. Remote is not connecting anymore, Windows is just making the connect and disconnect every second and the drone is getting hot after some minutes because the fan is not switching on so I couldn't try to leave it on for 30 minutes to see if it's restoring the firmware by itself. The LED is only red and sometimes blinking red yellow green. It only makes two instead of normal three beeps on startup. So should I risk it and leave it on for 30 minutes to see if it restores itself or is there any other solution?

It happened to me also ... invested in NLD lost money for nothing. Eventually was able to flash to latest firmware using DJI Assistant and latest software/firmware. I had to remove some Virtual DJI device and flash and refresh firmware 2 times. Couldn't test if it flies ...

This is unacceptable for the price of NLD ... if it was free or 5-10 USD ok ... but not for an expensive software that bricks your expensive toy.

The only thing that is good about NLD is the Android client that allows FCC boost (for who needs it). If they don't fix the **** downgrade mechanics it a very high risk to get really angry while trying and going trough batteries and fearing that the drone will overheat and have some sort of temperature damage. Anything bellow 1.04 is not safe to downgrade you might end up bricked for good.

I've used NLD successfully to roll back firmware on three MP's and one P4P. No problems. You have to read everything they have to get a good result, but their stuff works.

Reactions: HVYMTL and PT_Mavic
I didn't say it doesn't work but the downgrade should be straight forward if there are additional steps they should be presented that's why it's a paid solution. Anyway what are the "extra" steps ? Going from one version to another and not jumping versions or what ?

For me it worked to get from latest to 1.04.300 but when I tried to go to 1.03.700 the one with NFZ and Alt removal the problem began ...

Also the downgrade stopped at 82% then another try at 99% and I ended up with the bird with some MC error and SD CARD not recognized error. I couldn't make the last one go away ... after hours of trying to flash with NLD and restarting bird and computer several times I got pissed and went and download the latest DJI Assistant and flashed it to the latest with no issues at all ...

What extra steps did you take ? How can I make sure to flash 1.03.700 or 400 (the one with no NFZ and no ALT) ? Did you get the SD CARD error ? (I couldn't fix that not sure what is it about).

I've found in this thread "You have to go down to 1.04.0100 first.. Then you can go back to 1.03.0700 " did this apply to you ? After downgrading to 1.03.700 can you actually set altitude to above 500 meters in NLD GO App ? or it still allows for max 500 but you can fly higher ?

Last edited:
Reactions: mglovik
I can't answer your question about what are the extra steps because each instance is its own case. I had to read their documentation exhaustively and follow to the best of my understanding based on where I was starting and where I thought I needed to go, which sometimes required interpretation of their generalized procedure to my exact situation. I know it shouldn't be that way, but that's the way it was for me. Their documentation just has not kept up with the pace of changes.

And yes, sometimes I had to downgrade in steps, and I can't tell you "start here" and "go there", then "go here". If you don't have success at a big jump, take smaller jumps. If you can get completion to an earlier edition, go test it out and see how it performs and what it lets you do. I suggest not getting concerned about resetting restrictions until you get the firmware downgrade to complete.

The first downgrade I did was on a MP using their early "Dumldore" procedure. Their current edition of NLD should be pretty much self contained without having to go through all the steps that were required early on. It's been a circular game between NLD and DJI. When NLD came out with a way around the current version of DJI software, the succeeding GO4 app would attempt to lock out the NLD revision process. Then NLD would release a new way around the GO4 lockout. And the last time I looked (about mid-2018) at NLD, their documentation was still behind the actual latest and greatest release of their own product. You should note that NLD is not a big enterprise, but started out as an open source endeavor that developed into a product that could generate some revenue. It's still not a big outfit. They do have a help line that may be useful to you though.

I think one of the best suggestions is to be super patient with the progress bar. It may seem like it's stalled out, but let it go as long as possible before giving up on it. If you can still get back to a starting DJI firmware release, then no harm done to your board. Go again after reading some more.

I had a commercial drone pilot have to borrow my P4P last week. He was about to lose a big client because the DJI airspace release was not working. He had FAA authorization to fly his mission, but DJI wouldn't let him do it after 2 tries with them. He's now a NLD convert too. It's definitely a frustrating process, but worth it IMO.

Good luck............ R

Last edited:
Reactions: bernek
I can't answer your question about what are the extra steps because each instance is its own case. I had to read their documentation exhaustively and follow to the best of my understanding based on where I was starting and where I thought I needed to go, which sometimes required interpretation of their generalized procedure to my exact situation. I know it shouldn't be that way, but that's the way it was for me. Their documentation just has not kept up with the pace of changes.

And yes, sometimes I had to downgrade in steps, and I can't tell you "start here" and "go there", then "go here". If you don't have success at a big jump, take smaller jumps. If you can get completion to an earlier edition, go test it out and see how it performs and what it lets you do. I suggest not getting concerned about resetting restrictions until you get the firmware downgrade to complete.

The first downgrade I did was on a MP using their early "Dumldore" procedure. Their current edition of NLD should be pretty much self contained without having to go through all the steps that were required early on. It's been a circular game between NLD and DJI. When NLD came out with a way around the current version of DJI software, the succeeding GO4 app would attempt to lock out the NLD revision process. Then NLD would release a new way around the GO4 lockout. And the last time I looked (about mid-2018) at NLD, their documentation was still behind the actual latest and greatest release of their own product. You should note that NLD is not a big enterprise, but started out as an open source endeavor that developed into a product that could generate some revenue. It's still not a big outfit. They do have a help line that may be useful to you though.

I think one of the best suggestions is to be super patient with the progress bar. It may seem like it's stalled out, but let it go as long as possible before giving up on it. If you can still get back to a starting DJI firmware release, then no harm done to your board. Go again after reading some more.

I had a commercial drone pilot have to borrow my P4P last week. He was about to lose a big client because the DJI airspace release was not working. He had FAA authorization to fly his mission, but DJI would let him do it after 2 tries with them. He's now a NLD convert too. It's definitely a frustrating process, but worth it IMO.

Good luck............ R

Thanks I will try in smaller steps ... for example now I'm on 1.04.300 from .500 to be able to remove NFZ ... I hope to be able to remove altitude limit in the near future with 1.03.700 but I'm a bit skeptical abut a firmware that old ... and since I've got SD CARD error on that firmware (tried to format in PC and in Mavic) I'm not sure its the best for me ...

NFZ was the most annoying thing since I'm 10km away from a local airport but I was getting warnings and popups all the time ... I have quite a lot of changes in terrain where I live and fly and its really annoying not to be able to climb above hills that are near me ....

Here are some photos so you can better understand me:

DJI fails here and I was 350-400 meters above if I want to fly higher I need to climb those hills ... its not fun I'm laizy

I just now looked at the FW version that i'm running on my current MP that I use daily for jobs. Seems like I thought I"d be rolling back to a 700 or a 400 versin of GO4 when I did the rollback on this one, but I ended up at 01.04.0200 on both the A/C and the R/C. I"m showing two Flysafe dB's installed: a "precision" dB at revision level 01.00.01.14 and a "basic" at 01.00.01.08. I don't think I had to do anything specific to those FlySafe dB's in my NLD application, but it's been a while since I did that work.

The bird flys great with these older FW levels. I use LItchi for waypoint photographic missions, and I think I can get better focus with Litchi in manual focus than I get in Go4 in auto or manual focus.

Note that you may still get a warning or complaint on start up that you need to upgrade to a more current FW, especially if you have your device logged onto the internet. I keep my wifi turned off unless I'm downloading a new mission planned on Litchi Hub, and I definitely ignore any notices onthe controller that I should upgrade. Also be aware that these older versions of the FW are missing some of the fancier autonomous modes that came along in the latter versions. I don't need them for my stuff, so I don't miss them.

Your Photos look nice. Beautiful place to live/photograph.

Reactions: bernek
Hi guys, I have a big problem with firmware in Mavic pro. I cannot update the software, it shows failed. Current 000000, I tried to upload the firmware via DUMLdore, but I get an error related to IP, I entered in the IP settings as you wrote on page 20. Nothing helped. DUMLdore shows firmware: unknown. Do you have any idea what I can do in this situation?

Hello Everyone,

Please need help on getting My Mavic Pro update or reset to factory.

I am using my laptop with windows 10.

- I am trying to sell my Mavic Pro and when i try to do a factory reset i get a message FAILED!!

- Assistant 2 recognize devices but on firmware do not show any listed.

-I have tried use the Dumldore and i get the message "UNABLE TO CONNECT TO DEVICE FTP SERVER " i follow the intructions of mavic Rollback - Fixing FTP Access/timeout errors when using DUMLDORE video from DigDat0 with not succes. Can i do this on my laptop???

- When i connect to Dumldore AirCraft shows firmware .700 and when i connect Remote Control shows Firmware Unknown.

Please any help to get this Device working i will greatly appreciate.

Hello Everyone,

Please need help on getting My Mavic Pro update or reset to factory.

I am using my laptop with windows 10.

- I am trying to sell my Mavic Pro and when i try to do a factory reset i get a message FAILED!!

- Assistant 2 recognize devices but on firmware do not show any listed.

-I have tried use the Dumldore and i get the message "UNABLE TO CONNECT TO DEVICE FTP SERVER " i follow the intructions of mavic Rollback - Fixing FTP Access/timeout errors when using DUMLDORE video from DigDat0 with not succes. Can i do this on my laptop???

- When i connect to Dumldore AirCraft shows firmware .700 and when i connect Remote Control shows Firmware Unknown.

Please any help to get this Device working i will greatly appreciate.
I’m not sure there’s really a “factory reset.” Do you really need to upgrade the firmware? My Mavic Pro OG came with 01.03.0400 out of the box and then I had to upgrade from there.

Try refreshing your current firmware first before upgrading if you really feel you need it upgrade

Thanks for your reply.

-When I refresh does not show any firmware .

-When I am in Dumlore show firmware .007 on aircraft but in the control is Unknown.

Thanks for your reply.

-When I refresh does not show any firmware .

-When I am in Dumlore show firmware .007 on aircraft but in the control is Unknown.
So is the issue you are having only with the remote or with the aircraft too? And it says 01.03.0700 for the aircraft not just .007 right?

So is the issue you are having only with the remote or with the aircraft too? And it says 01.03.0700 for the aircraft not just .007 right?
Sorry my bad i did not explain myself.

-MAVIC pro
-Laptop computer

Last rollback to 01.03..0700. Successfully flying for few months without a glitch.

The RC stopped conecting with AC after an firmware update that did not complete. RC stay in "connecting"

Since them I have been trying to link RC and AC again.

I had tried:

- Assistant 2 :recognized the AC and RC connected but when I refresh no firmware shows. There is the Factory Reset button but everytime Fails.

- Using Dumlore: recognized AC showing firmware 01.03.0700 but RC shows firmware Unknown. When trying the proces s to flash the firmware it gives the ERROR or FTP server connection. I Followed the steps to fix issues from video mentioned in my first thread but I can not get it to work. My icon Ethernet 3 to establish connection has a red X and I do not know if that has to do with not connecting.

I just want to see if this is fixable.

I greatly appreciatte your help and for taking the time.

Sorry my bad i did not explain myself.

-MAVIC pro
-Laptop computer

Last rollback to 01.03..0700. Successfully flying for few months without a glitch.

The RC stopped conecting with AC after an firmware update that did not complete. RC stay in "connecting"

Since them I have been trying to link RC and AC again.

I had tried:

- Assistant 2 :recognized the AC and RC connected but when I refresh no firmware shows. There is the Factory Reset button but everytime Fails.

- Using Dumlore: recognized AC showing firmware 01.03.0700 but RC shows firmware Unknown. When trying the proces s to flash the firmware it gives the ERROR or FTP server connection. I Followed the steps to fix issues from video mentioned in my first thread but I can not get it to work. My icon Ethernet 3 to establish connection has a red X and I do not know if that has to do with not connecting.

I just want to see if this is fixable.

I greatly appreciatte your help and for taking the time.
1. Have you tried to pair the remote with the aircraft again?

2. Is the aircraft in remote mode and not “wi-fi” mode. Many people including myself have forgotten they put the aircraft into Wi-Fi mode and then are perplexed when the remote will not connect to the AC.

3. The aircraft and the remote have different firmware. You must download the RC firmware separately from the AC firmware to flash with dumldore.

4. What version of Assistant are you using?

1. Have you tried to pair the remote with the aircraft again?

2. Is the aircraft in remote mode and not “wi-fi” mode. Many people including myself have forgotten they put the aircraft into Wi-Fi mode and then are perplexed when the remote will not connect to the AC.

3. The aircraft and the remote have different firmware. You must download the RC firmware separately from the AC firmware to flash with dumldore.

4. What version of Assistant are you using?

1. Yes I have tried. When I connect RC with Phone and go to pairing. I get the message "Difine Frequency" and only give me the option yes or cancel. YES and wont do nothing.

2. Yes, aircraft in RC mode.

3. Yes. I downloaded each firmware for AC and RC.

4. Assistant V1.1.220191024_224141.jpeg20191027_132349.jpeg20191028_003411.jpeg20191028_003340.jpeg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute