DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to sell my drone

spamgnome

Reactions
I'm getting ready to sell my Mavic Air, and wondering if there's anything I need to do DJI-wise.

UN-bind it from your account.

Go straight into the app and go to your profile and then device management and there is an option to Remove Device From Account. It will be in Red
Only drones that use the newer Fly app need to do that. Not anything that uses the Go 4 app.

Just sell it and let them take care of registering it with FAA and taking their Trust test.
Also might want to tell the person buying it that it doesn't use the DJI Fly app and that it uses the DJI Go 4 app and to download it direct from DJI's website.

Last edited:
The biggest Issue with selling the Air would be that prices will only go lower because of Remote ID since the Original Air and Air 2 for that matter do not have RID and anyone that buys those would need a Remote ID Module. Right now the Availible RID Modules are expensive. So the price of these drones will go down, Because Most people will be wanting Remote ID ready drones the closer we get to Sept 16th 2023.

If you decide to use Craigs List, remember the 1st Commandment (of Craigs List), "In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash."

Reactions: spamgnome
The biggest Issue with selling the Air would be that prices will only go lower because of Remote ID since the Original Air and Air 2 for that matter do not have RID and anyone that buys those would need a Remote ID Module. Right now the Availible RID Modules are expensive. So the price of these drones will go down, Because Most people will be wanting Remote ID ready drones the closer we get to Sept 16th 2023.
Absolutely