DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to set maximum altitude on MP2 Pro?

Grtday

Reactions
Shooting from the top of a tall building in a safe outlying area. I went up and wanted to do a an aerial shot from about 400-600 ft. above takeoff. I kept hitting the 392 foot limit,. No higher,
Went into DJI4 and set the blue number to 500 ft. I agreed to the DJI terms and the altitude ceiling number blanked back to zero, The software would not allow me to override the 392 ft ceiling.
Needless to say, I didn't get the shot I wanted. Arghhhh!
So, I am asking you all, the experts!
Thanks in advance!

you need to reset your home point from the top of that building.
that will give you 400 feet AGL or where you set your home point
there is a video around here somewhere where a guy in China flew his drone to the top of a building, landed it, turned off, reset his home point and lifted off another 500 I believe for him.. quite impressive video

found it here:

Last edited:
Shooting from the top of a tall building in a safe outlying area. I went up and wanted to do a an aerial shot from about 400-600 ft. above takeoff. I kept hitting the 392 foot limit,. No higher,
Went into DJI4 and set the blue number to 500 ft. I agreed to the DJI terms and the altitude ceiling number blanked back to zero, The software would not allow me to override the 392 ft ceiling.
Needless to say, I didn't get the shot I wanted. Arghhhh!
So, I am asking you all, the experts!
Thanks in advance!

Firstly - the maximum altitude is in meters, not feet. Secondly - it will behave as you describe if you attempt to change that setting without the aircraft connected.

Reactions: Kilrah
392 feet is a limit I’ve seen when I was flying in an approach path to a runway, even though I was 7 miles from the airport. It’s possible you were flying in an area with an altitude restriction.

you need to reset your home point from the top of that building.
that will give you 400 feet AGL or where you set your home point
there is a video around here somewhere where a guy in China flew his drone to the top of a building, landed it, turned off, reset his home point and lifted off another 500 I believe for him.. quite impressive video

found it here:
That has to be one of the stupidest/nuttiest things I've seen someone do with a drone so far. I cant believe he actually acted proud of that.

Reactions: Zyze
Firstly - the maximum altitude is in meters, not feet. Secondly - it will behave as you describe if you attempt to change that setting without the aircraft connected.
I think this is the key to do what I want to do. Seemed like I could change the blue number from "m" to "f". Big thanks for what I believe, to be the solution.,

I think this is the key to do what I want to do. Seemed like I could change the blue number from "m" to "f". Big thanks for what I believe, to be the solution.,

The maximum flight altitude setting is constrained to be in meters - even if you select "Imperial" as the measurement units in the general section, this setting is still metric.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drxenon