DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to slow Yaw even more

rfc

Reactions
Flying a friend's P4, I flew with Tripod Mode enabled, but it still didn't seem as slow as I'd like to use with my MPP. Is there a way, either in DJI Assistant 2 or one of the parameter editing programs, to adjust the Yaw EXP settings down even more? Some of the best clips I've seen have Panning dead slow.

I've only adjusted the EXP settings. I currently set yaw EXP to 0.15 for both normal and sport mode. What do others set it to or do to slow it down?

Yes. I understand, and did that (with the P4). It's still not slow enough. I mean even slower than that default minimum setting. I would like to have the bird yaw dead slow, even with the left stick full travel left or right.

If your running Litchi check in the App. I'm not 100% sure but I believe in the settings I was able to slow the gimbal down more than in the DJI App

one problem I have is everytime I power on the settings need to be re-set .....is this normal?

Kick on *Cinematic mode*. This slows everything way down - and you can adjust its sensitivity in Go4.

Beat me to it.
I've been looking into yaw speed too and this seems to be a common answer.
Will give it a go next time I'm out.
Any idea how it compares to tripod mode ?

Tripod mode, wouldn't that slow things down enough?
I tried it on the P4 and it seemed way too fast. I could be confusing two settings though, now that I think about it. One is the yaw rate of the aircraft; the other is how quickly (or slowly) the camera catches up. Now I'm confused. I'd love to just slow the entire horizontal motion down...cinematic mode may do it, but I didn't see that available when flying the P4.

I tried it on the P4 and it seemed way too fast. I could be confusing two settings though, now that I think about it. One is the yaw rate of the aircraft; the other is how quickly (or slowly) the camera catches up. Now I'm confused. I'd love to just slow the entire horizontal motion down...cinematic mode may do it, but I didn't see that available when flying the P4.
Can't remember the exact name of setting, "yaw movement limit" or something is what you want to adjust.

Default is 100 or 110. I've reduced to 40 so rotates at under half the default rate.

It sounds like some people are confused with the terms. Hopefully this can help ...

Yaw is panning left-right movement. Control the stick responsiveness of Yaw via the Yaw EXP setting and the max Yaw speed via the "Yaw Endpoint" setting. I haven't messed with Yaw Endpoint - yet, but I set Yaw EXP to .15 for smoother transitions into and out of turns.

Gimbal settings control the pitch (upward/downward angle) of the camera. The setting "Gimbal Pitch Speed" controls how fast the camera pitch changes.
How slowly/quickly the camera pitch catches up (stops moving) was called start/stop buffer - or at least it was in the earlier versions of Go4. Looking at the online Go4 manual, it now seems to be called "Gimbal Pitch Smoothness" - a clearer term IMHO.

Cab you use cinematic mode while using another mode, for example, skylight? I think I tried and it would only allow 1 mode at a time. (I'm new tho the Mavic and not much time on out yet.)

I want it to be slow while in other modes.

Cab you use cinematic mode while using another mode, for example, skylight? I think I tried and it would only allow 1 mode at a time. (I'm new tho the Mavic and not much time on out yet.)

I want it to be slow while in other modes.

No. What is skylight? I have never seen that on the Mavic.

Ok, did a few tests this morning with the various modes/settings for slowing down yaw speed.
I found tripod mode to be slowest. With some practice with the left stick, you can get REALLY slow panning/yaw shots.
CInematic mode was slower than normal mode but not as slow as tripod mode.
And reducing the "yaw movement limit" value to the minimum of 50 gave much the same result as cinematic mode. This setting doesn't seem to have any affect on intelligent flight modes such as tripod and cinematic.

Forget all these settings, as you can't yaw really slow.
Go to the Point Of Interest flight mode.
Pan above the POI so that the camera sweeps across the distant horizon, without the POI in the shot at all.
You can also rotate the Mavic 180 degrees and face away from the POI and record what’s facing away from it.
In other words, it can be programmed to revolve in a 360 degree circle to take in the vista and not the POI.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Forget all these settings, as you can't yaw really slow.

Well, I'm not sure just how slow the OP is looking for but tripod mode and feathering the left stick is slow enough for me.
Forgot about POI mode, agree that it works pretty well too and you can set the speed as slow as you like.

Ok, did a few tests this morning with the various modes/settings for slowing down yaw speed.
I found tripod mode to be slowest. With some practice with the left stick, you can get REALLY slow panning/yaw shots.
CInematic mode was slower than normal mode but not as slow as tripod mode.
And reducing the "yaw movement limit" value to the minimum of 50 gave much the same result as cinematic mode. This setting doesn't seem to have any affect on intelligent flight modes such as tripod and cinematic.

I did some testing on this yesterday afternoon too.

Slowed yaw sensitivity down to minimum, it really makes a huge difference !
With a little stick control it is easy enough to do a graceful yaw while sliding left or right around a subject.

I also slowed gimbal pitch speed and it is a far easier beast to control.

Tripod was way to slow for me, maybe very close to a subject, or do people shoot tripod then speed up the footage in post to make it look ok ?

Reactions: MadLix
I did some testing on this yesterday afternoon too.

Slowed yaw sensitivity down to minimum, it really makes a huge difference !
With a little stick control it is easy enough to do a graceful yaw while sliding left or right around a subject.

I also slowed gimbal pitch speed and it is a far easier beast to control.

Tripod was way to slow for me, maybe very close to a subject, or do people shoot tripod then speed up the footage in post to make it look ok ?
I found tripod mode to be too slow for me as well. I felt like I was losing control. Turned it off immediately...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
do72er