DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to slow Yaw even more

Forget all these settings, as you can't yaw really slow.
Go to the Point Of Interest flight mode.
Pan above the POI so that the camera sweeps across the distant horizon, without the POI in the shot at all.
You can also rotate the Mavic 180 degrees and face away from the POI and record what’s facing away from it.
In other words, it can be programmed to revolve in a 360 degree circle to take in the vista and not the POI.
You mean, find an arbitrary POI below the view you want; set it; then point the camera up to the horizon and GO? The bird will then just rotate at the speed you set it? Seems odd.

I found tripod mode to be too slow for me as well. I felt like I was losing control. Turned it off immediately...

Yes, it did feel like it was going nowhere fast !
There was a slight breeze, perhaps tripod is only good for totally still air.

I’ll still trial it a bit more, might be handy for really close tight flying, even if footage has to be sped up in editing to make it usable.

No. What is skylight? I have never seen that on the Mavic.
I'm sorry. I posted from phone and failed to double check the spelling correction. I meant spotlight mode.

Tripod mode is great for close quarters stuff, and following walking subjects, etc. I don't remember it slowing down yaw though.

Yesterday, I played with the Yaw sensitivity, and it does slow down the max yaw speed. You are limited to 50 as the minimum setting (would be nice to go lower), so if you want max yaw slower than that, I don't know what else you can do. I still rely more on the Yaw EXP setting at .15 than I do the max yaw speed, but the combination of Yaw EXP at .15 and Yaw sensitivity at 50 seems to work well for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wolfgangMaveric