DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

[How To] Time Lapse Mavic Pro 20 minutes in 10 seconds

AlwaysAWOL

Reactions
www.airvuz.com/video/Time-lapse-Mavic-Pro-20-min-hover-in-10-sec?id=58beda05b0307f131e11d8fd

Just starting to learn Premier Pro, so was a test of some of the features.

Any tips would be appreciated. Didn't bother too much with colour for this test.
Here are the steps I took after popping the Mavic 80m up and recording 4K for 20 minutes in one spot...
  1. Dropped three 4K clips into timeline (one video clip broken into 4GB chunks due to file system limits)
  2. Selected three clips, right clicked, and Nested them into one sequence.
  3. Right clicked now single clip and choose Speed/Duration. Changed duration to 12 seconds.
  4. Right clicked and Nested again as you can't apply Warp Stabilizer to a time lapsed clip.
  5. In Effects -> Video Effects -> Distort, dragged Warp Stabilizer onto the clip. Left everything at default excepts under Stabilization changed Result from Smooth Motion to No Motion.
  6. Trimmed 2 seconds off start of clip due to some Mavic drift using razor tool to cut clip and delete.
  7. Positioned head to the end of the clip, and under Video Effects -> Motion clicked the stopwatch (to enable animation) on Position and Scale. This should add the key frames to the end of the clip.
  8. Moved the head to the beginning of the clip and in Position and Scale clicked the Add/Remove keyframe. Changed the Position and Scale values to what you like (you can then click on Motion and define the path of the motion, though I didn't in this clip).
  9. In Effects -> Video Transitions -> Dissolve, dragged Dip to Black to beginning and end of clip. Set Duration to 1 sec.
  10. Clicked clip and Ctrl-M to output. Changed the Width and Height to 1920 to 1080. Frame rate to 59.94 and Time Interpolation to Optical Flow. Still playing with these settings to see what works!
Hope this helps other people new to Premier Pro.

Please add any tips, only been using the program for two days, so I have lots to learn!

Cheers!

Premier Pro is a very complicated program. Good luck. I use Cyberlink Power Director15 Ultra easy to learn works great. Amazon $56. There are other consumer grade programs just as good. I hated Premier and Sony video software. Just my opinion.

This is great. I love how smooth it is. Downside is you are limited to the battery. Would love to do longer than 20 minutes. I may try to master this before I goto the Keys in May and try to do a sunset with time lapsed.

Premier Pro is a very complicated program. Good luck. I use Cyberlink Power Director15 Ultra easy to learn works great. Amazon $56. There are other consumer grade programs just as good. I hated Premier and Sony video software. Just my opinion.

Have Director 15, certainly easy to work with, been using it for years. I have Premier through work, so thought I'd give it a go; when I tried stabilizing a video in Director, I was not happy with the results. After seeing how much better Premier handled it, I decided to dive in. A little digging through tutorials to find where features are, a little more hidden than Director :confused: but didn't find it too complicated, just way more settings to learn. No way I'd pay the huge $ for Premiere for what I do, but since I have access to it, I'll make use if it! May fall back to Director depending how much I use it. I do like the 'quick and dirty' of Director, but the polish of Premier!

This is great. I love how smooth it is. Downside is you are limited to the battery. Would love to do longer than 20 minutes. I may try to master this before I goto the Keys in May and try to do a sunset with time lapsed.
Interesting, wonder how well it would turn out if you swapped the battery and tried to frame the shot again, then stabilize and cross fade the clips. I suppose it would depend on the amount of moment in the shot; sunset would certainly jump. Need two drones ;)

This doesn't look too bad at all! I'll copy the steps you took to my drone notebook :)
I have premiere elements, really just starting to learn it. Are the steps you described also available in elements, or only in pro?

Thanks again,
-Joost-

www.airvuz.com/video/Time-lapse-Mavic-Pro-20-min-hover-in-10-sec?id=58beda05b0307f131e11d8fd

Just starting to learn Premier Pro, so was a test of some of the features.

Any tips would be appreciated. Didn't bother too much with colour for this test.
Here are the steps I took after popping the Mavic 80m up and recording 4K for 20 minutes in one spot...
  1. Dropped three 4K clips into timeline (one video clip broken into 4GB chunks due to file system limits)
  2. Selected three clips, right clicked, and Nested them into one sequence.
  3. Right clicked now single clip and choose Speed/Duration. Changed duration to 12 seconds.
  4. Right clicked and Nested again as you can't apply Warp Stabilizer to a time lapsed clip.
  5. In Effects -> Video Effects -> Distort, dragged Warp Stabilizer onto the clip. Left everything at default excepts under Stabilization changed Result from Smooth Motion to No Motion.
  6. Trimmed 2 seconds off start of clip due to some Mavic drift using razor tool to cut clip and delete.
  7. Positioned head to the end of the clip, and under Video Effects -> Motion clicked the stopwatch (to enable animation) on Position and Scale. This should add the key frames to the end of the clip.
  8. Moved the head to the beginning of the clip and in Position and Scale clicked the Add/Remove keyframe. Changed the Position and Scale values to what you like (you can then click on Motion and define the path of the motion, though I didn't in this clip).
  9. In Effects -> Video Transitions -> Dissolve, dragged Dip to Black to beginning and end of clip. Set Duration to 1 sec.
  10. Clicked clip and Ctrl-M to output. Changed the Width and Height to 1920 to 1080. Frame rate to 59.94 and Time Interpolation to Optical Flow. Still playing with these settings to see what works!
Hope this helps other people new to Premier Pro.

Please add any tips, only been using the program for two days, so I have lots to learn!

Cheers!

Thanks! I am a beginner gathering info on post production softwares.... why dod you go with premiere pro and how easy was it for you to pick up

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada