DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to Transport MA2

bjhirsch

Reactions
Hello

new to MA2 and given the different gimbal protector discussions ... how to best transport the MA2 in the fly more bag . Gimbal down or Gimbal up ... any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance

Bjoern

What position was it in when you bought it & first unpacked it ? I would assume that's the best. ;)

agree ... but I was so excited when unpacking that I did not memorized that one :-(

It's designed to go down (the only way you can properly use the insert without the bag not bulging a bit up top, I just tried this) in to the bag, but you are right; it does not feel protected. The bag is okay, it's not bad but it's not good, and the drone does feel a bit unprotected in there. On the other hand I don't want a hard case, it's just overkill especially if you are planning on travelling with it or putting it in a backpack like I usually do. Going to see if there are any better, more durable cases I can fit in a backpack. Hopefully soon!

Reactions: pelagic_one
I store mine with the gimbal down - and it works perfectly well with the gimbal cover mod too (there isn't a budge out of it in the facing down orientation).

I haven't had a single issue with the drone yet and I've had it out for a good number of flights.. walking with the bag, backpack carrying and driving on less than optimal roads.

It's designed to go down (the only way you can properly use the insert without the bag not bulging a bit up top, I just tried this) in to the bag, but you are right; it does not feel protected. The bag is okay, it's not bad but it's not good, and the drone does feel a bit unprotected in there. On the other hand I don't want a hard case, it's just overkill especially if you are planning on travelling with it or putting it in a backpack like I usually do. Going to see if there are any better, more durable cases I can fit in a backpack. Hopefully soon!

Yes to this. Not only is it designed to go down, the molded foam is shaped to fit the front of the drone, so make sure you have it in the proper way (the shape of the gimbal cover is easy to see.).

I agree it's not a perfect solution, but I think the foam on the front of the drone probably gets enough protection and keeps it from flopping all over.

Quick question - when you pack the drone into whatever case you have to store it (I bought the fly more combo with the case) do you remove the propellers and put the little round rubber protectors back on the motor spindles or do you just store it with the propellers on it?
Seems it would be ok to leave them on but I wanted to check what the consensus is from everyone.
I've been flying rc planes and helis for over 40 years, and now rc jets, but I can tell you this things really impresses me!!
Thanks for any replies!

Quick question - when you pack the drone into whatever case you have to store it (I bought the fly more combo with the case) do you remove the propellers and put the little round rubber protectors back on the motor spindles or do you just store it with the propellers on it?
!

For now, I store mine with props on and folded in the fly more bag. I am shopping for a hard case though and I may have to change my method.

Massive overkill and waste of free space...?
I actually got the same exact case but have it configured much differently, so it just depends on how you want to lay it all out. For example, I never leave a battery in the drone when stored. I also put literally every accessory that came with the drone, absent of the shoulder bag, in the hard case. I prefer it over the soft case for protection but there's no question that a backpack or something along those lines would be much better for portability, if that's the goal. But it really doesn't feel like overkill once you've got it all in there, to be honest.

Reactions: suade8880
I actually got the same exact case but have it configured much differently, so it just depends on how you want to lay it all out. For example, I never leave a battery in the drone when stored. I also put literally every accessory that came with the drone, absent of the shoulder bag, in the hard case. I prefer it over the soft case for protection but there's no question that a backpack or something along those lines would be much better for portability, if that's the goal. But it really doesn't feel like overkill once you've got it all in there, to be honest.
Right, I don't mind the size and I almost always have my drone with me in the car with my other camera equipment. I'm also a photographer so traveling with my equipment in a protective case is great

Reactions: InterstateP
I put original gimbal packing in bottom of bag and put MA2 in gimbal down and it fits perfectly and securely into the gimbal cut out.

I picked this up, it's ok... I think I prefer the stock Flymore bag for the backpack. I also have a hard Nanuk case too for travel. This is decent though and goes in the backpack nice. I haven't put it through the ringer, but it doesn't feel like it's super protected in there either (from the front/lid side):

Amazon case for <$40

IMG_0833.jpg
IMG_0832.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661