Join Us Now

How to use Dashware with your DJI Videos - Tutorial

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
In this video I am teaching how to use Dashware, add the Custom DJI Profiles from scratch and you will be able to overlap the DJI fly logs telemetry on your videos.
  • You will need your DJI Fly logs and the video you recorded or you can use the sample that I am including for practice.
  • You will need the software Dashware that is free, you can download it here: Dashware Download - DashWare
  • You will need the modified templates that I am including here or in this link Dashware - Google Drive
There are much more we can modify but we can discuses here at the forum as people start making questions.
Please if you like the tutorial, subscribe to my channel.

The outcome video

Attachments

• DashWare Mavic - ZEUS.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 30
Very nice, Thanks!
When is it best to cut video to remove sections not desired? After Dashware has been compiled into a new video or prior to starting dashware/
If you edit the video prior to Dashware, and cut out sections... lead in, landing, getting into position.
And telemetry isn’t yet sync’ed, once in Dashware and you sync video... will the cut section also not show in telemetry. Exp: 10 min video orig, 6 min edited video... and you sync start point, will sync not include cut outs Sections or become off at first splice?

Seems like you need to cut afterwards on recompiled video that includes Dashware layer.

You indicate you need to add Audio file, or you’ll get an error during video create.
Isn’t there a option to indicate no Audio, to prevent an error.

I think you need to sync the telemetry for each cut if you want to add the telemetry after the cut.
Therefore, (I think) add the talamatria to it before cutting, and after that, everything stays in sync with each cut.

Reactions: MS Coast
After thinking about it, the best course is sync prior to cuts, edits or placing transitions.

Once recompiled video with Dashware & Sync'ed video is created it becomes a single video that should be able to be used as a single track video.

I'm still not sure why it needs audio prior to creating dishware video, should be able to mix audio tracks in with final video editing.

Reactions: zeusfl
If you embedded audio to cache video, it keeps in flight comments and sounds in sync.
Yep, knew that... for documentation needed flights I do that... for all others, I turn audio off because I'll apply post audio for background.

Is better to overlap all the video first and them cut the parts you don't need. Also you can add a silence audio track with FFmpg.

You can create a .BAT file with this code:

@Echo off

set ffmpeg="C:\Program Files\FFmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe"
set audio_duration=1800

echo FFmpeg Add Audio Track
echo.
echo Creating silent MP3 file...
%ffmpeg% -y -f lavfi -i anullsrc=r=44100:cl=mono -t %audio_duration% -q:a 9 -acodec libmp3lame silent_audio.mp3
echo.

for %%f in (*.mp4) do (
echo Processing: %%f
%ffmpeg% -y -i "%%f" -i silent_audio.mp3 -c copy -shortest -map 0:v:0 -map 1:a:0 "%%~nf_audio.mp4"
echo.
)
echo.
echo Press any key to close...
pause > nul

Then run the .bat next to the video file and will add a silence audio track. Download FFmpeg

Hello!

When I run the .bat file, I get this message:
"silent_audio.mp3: Permission denied"
Therefore, it does not even execute the command. What do I need to be allowed to run?

Right click and run as administrator

Reactions: RC_HC
Thanks, so it already seems to work!
Although there is no error message, the large band is not included. I attach the screen image. What could be the problem?

FFmpeg Add Audio Track Creating silent MP3 file... ffmpeg version 2020-12-09-git-7777e5119a-full_build-www.gyan.dev Copyright (c) 2 000-2020 the FFmpeg developers built with gcc 10.2.0 (Rev5, Built by MSYS2 project) configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-static --disable-w32thr eads --disable-autodetect --enable-fontconfig --enable-iconv --enable-gnutls --e nable-libxml2 --enable-gmp --enable-lzma --enable-libsnappy --enable-zlib --enab le-libsrt --enable-libssh --enable-libzmq --enable-avisynth --enable-libbluray - -enable-libcaca --enable-sdl2 --enable-libdav1d --enable-libzvbi --enable-librav 1e --enable-libsvtav1 --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enabl e-libxvid --enable-libaom --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libvpx --enable-libass - -enable-frei0r --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libvidstab --en able-libvmaf --enable-libzimg --enable-amf --enable-cuda-llvm --enable-cuvid --e nable-ffnvcodec --enable-nvdec --enable-nvenc --enable-d3d11va --enable-dxva2 -- enable-libmfx --enable-libglslang --enable-vulkan --enable-opencl --enable-libcd io --enable-libgme --enable-libmodplug --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libopencore- amrwb --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libshine --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwola me --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libilbc --enable-libgsm --enable-libopencore -amrnb --enable-libopus --enable-libspeex --enable-libvorbis --enable-ladspa --e nable-libbs2b --enable-libflite --enable-libmysofa --enable-librubberband --enab le-libsoxr --enable-chromaprint libavutil 56. 62.100 / 56. 62.100 libavcodec 58.115.102 / 58.115.102 libavformat 58. 65.100 / 58. 65.100 libavdevice 58. 11.103 / 58. 11.103 libavfilter 7. 92.100 / 7. 92.100 libswscale 5. 8.100 / 5. 8.100 libswresample 3. 8.100 / 3. 8.100 libpostproc 55. 8.100 / 55. 8.100 Input #0, lavfi, from 'anullsrc=r=44100:cl=mono': Duration: N/A, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 352 kb/s Stream #0:0: Audio: pcm_u8, 44100 Hz, mono, u8, 352 kb/s Stream mapping: Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (pcm_u8 (native) -> mp3 (libmp3lame)) Press [q] to stop, [?] for help Output #0, mp3, to 'silent_audio.mp3': Metadata: TSSE : Lavf58.65.100 Stream #0:0: Audio: mp3 (libmp3lame), 44100 Hz, mono, s16p Metadata: encoder : Lavc58.115.102 libmp3lame size= 6999kB time=00:30:00.02 bitrate= 31.9kbits/s speed= 246x video:0kB audio:6998kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: 0.003168% Press any key to close...

In this video I am teaching how to use Dashware, add the Custom DJI Profiles from scratch and you will be able to overlap the DJI fly logs telemetry on your videos.
  • You will need your DJI Fly logs and the video you recorded or you can use the sample that I am including for practice.
  • You will need the software Dashware that is free, you can download it here: Dashware Download - DashWare
  • You will need the modified templates that I am including here or in this link Dashware - Google Drive
There are much more we can modify but we can discuses here at the forum as people start making questions.
Please if you like the tutorial, subscribe to my channel.

The outcome video

having a bit of a problem...pretty much of a novice so excuse my ignorance...can't seem to get the software to output for mavic air 2s...generates the .csv file but won't synch / with the video nor display values on the gauges...which is pivotal for my application...any help would be appreciated!!!! been wrestling for several days on this...follow your video which is most helpful but can't seem to get the transition from the log files to a final output which actually works in the software

i did have this program working .... then i updated my windows...."windows11pro". now i am getting error when trying to create video.
Are you including with the video a audio file? you need to do this in order to work. You can use a script to add a silent audio file.

Are you including with the video a audio file? you need to do this in order to work. You can use a script to add a silent audio file.
yes i included a audio file. a new net framework or whatever it is called was installed as part of the update....i am wondering if that might have something to do with it? I converted the video file from 4k to 1080p and that did not help at all. dashware.rendering.error.jpg

Last edited:
yes i included a audio file. a new net framework or whatever it is called was installed as part of the update....i am wondering if that might have something to do with it? I converted the video file from 4k to 1080p and that did not help at all. View attachment 155812
I will test this for you today.

Reactions: scott492010
I too am a novice with the dashware but did get the altitude and speed working in the corner gauge you included with your past video and put date and time in it instead of the map, but the joy stick gauges you had are not working as well as anything to do with batteries or sats, was following another thread between you and another member working on a solution with airdata but could not find anywhere if you got it all working. Even checked your youtube channel for updates but no luck. Changing values or imputs on existing gauges is not something I can do so was very much hoping you would put in another link with any of the new gauges you came up with that would replace your last ones that do not work with airdata.

I have thought about it a lot... the problem occurred i believe when i installed ffmpeg to my c: programs folder. I then manipulated the path as described in countless youtube videos concerning installing ffmpeg. I then began to have problems. I uninstalled dashware and deleted the folders from "documents" folder only to use "CCleaner" to clean my pc completely before i restarted the pc. That is when i realized i had a bunch of updates to do. This leads me to believe it has more to do with my installation of ffmpeg to the c: programs folder and manipulating the path. here is an example:

Once i did this i was able to run the "BAT" file to add audio to video.

I have thought about it a lot... the problem occurred i believe when i installed ffmpeg to my c: programs folder. I then manipulated the path as described in countless youtube videos concerning installing ffmpeg. I then began to have problems. I uninstalled dashware and deleted the folders from "documents" folder only to use "CCleaner" to clean my pc completely before i restarted the pc. That is when i realized i had a bunch of updates to do. This leads me to believe it has more to do with my installation of ffmpeg to the c: programs folder and manipulating the path. here is an example:

Once i did this i was able to run the "BAT" file to add audio to video.
I found the easy way to install automatically ffmpeg is by downloading Jdownloader and this will install fmpeg automatically for you.

Reactions: scott492010
Is working with me.
I will redo the tutorial

Screenshot 2022-10-15 224120.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman