DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How Tuned Is Esc, Motors, Compass, Accelerometers, Barometer, & Infrared Emitter & Receiver

hewo

Reactions
In order to film underground tunnel being bored, I examined whether the mavic air one could remain stable under the titled conditions & realized it just will not freeze regardless of operator sticks in neutral.

There is no wind. There is no Gps. There is no illumination.

Lidar is not able to function with no illumination.

Takeoff to about 18 inches altitude is fine.

Then sticks neutral.

The mavic air can only sensate compass, accelerometers, barometer, & infrared emit & receive.

The mavic air remained frozen at 18 inches altitude after take off.

Then it started to drift.

Immediately the left stick is levered down to south pole.

Mavic air will not drop down from 18 inches altitude, continuing to drift toward me.

Land instantly stick command is refused.

Something is precluding land now instantly.

Mavic aims for me.

Stick corrective actions to counter are refused.

Kill props is commanded.

Still this command is refused.

Propellers slice exposed flesh, lacerating.

One arm retracts & props immediately cease, this event is a collision into the operator.

Forensics attests there is no damage.

Dji support desires seventy-five dollars.

The operator disagrees.

Why did mavic air initially perform perfectly frozen at 18 inches elevation, but after approximately 15 seconds began drifting with sticks neutral?

With forced Deprivation of illumination & gps & wind, are compass & accelerometers & barometer & infrared emitter & receiver, adequate sensory resources for mavic air to achieve a rock steady hover?

Why did mavic air initially perform perfectly frozen at 18 inches elevation, but after approximately 15 seconds began drifting with sticks neutral?
There was no wind .... except for the air currents that the drone generated.
All the air displaced by the spinning props had to go somewhere.

Reactions: Astom22
The infrared sensor on the bottom is only to detect distance to ground. The two circles are video cameras which is used for positioning if GPS is not present or to enhance stability with GPS when present.

If there's insufficient light, then VPS can't work. If you also don't have GPS, then you're in ATTI mode which would be affected by wind drift much like cheap drones that don't have GPS or VPS.

In theory you would think the accelerometers and gyros would allow the AC to detect and compensate for external influences in movement but that's not really the case.

In order to film underground tunnel being bored, I examined whether the mavic air one could remain stable under the titled conditions & realized it just will not freeze regardless of operator sticks in neutral.

Lidar is not able to function with no illumination.

Takeoff to about 18 inches altitude is fine.

Then sticks neutral.

The mavic air can only sensate compass, accelerometers, barometer, & infrared emit & receive.

The mavic air remained frozen at 18 inches altitude after take off.

Then it started to drift.

Immediately the left stick is levered down to south pole.

Mavic air will not drop down from 18 inches altitude, continuing to drift toward me.

Land instantly stick command is refused.

Something is precluding land now instantly.

Mavic aims for me.

<snip>

Propellers slice exposed flesh, lacerating.

One arm retracts & props immediately cease, this event is a collision into the operator.

<snip>
Hope the operator wasn't hurt too bad.
When flying "blind" I would DEFINETLY use prop guards. And step out of the way.

Forensics claims operator fault, the lacerate & propellers fissuring in brittleness (is this peculiar, the brittleness of the flexible propellers stock?). So support Dji desires sixtyfive usd to pay forensics & ten usd to swap the hockey puck gps sensor. That's severntyfive bucks. Can I balk on grounds there's ample sensory to retain tight hover, so what if there's no gps, no illumination, no wind. In response to reply that prop wash is considered external force of wind acting to impart drift phenomena, I would agree only if vertical surface adjacent boundaries are present to engage with prop wash. But the area is so flat vast there are no such surfaces vertical near the tight hover area. On previous mavic air drones, the hover is retained forever under such experimental conditions forced onto the barebone sensory. This is my wrestle with the demanded charge of seventyfive bucks.

Forensics claims operator fault
That would be a reasonable assessment.
It's the operator that chose to fly in a location where the drone would be unable to maintain position.
Can I balk on grounds there's ample sensory to retain tight hover, so what if there's no gps, no illumination, no wind.
No .. because you are quite wrong in what you imagine the drone is capable of.
In response to reply that prop wash is considered external force of wind acting to impart drift phenomena ... On previous mavic air drones, the hover is retained forever under such experimental conditions

Wrong and wrong

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada