DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How was your experience with DJI Care Refresh?

How was your experience with DJI Care refresh?

• "New" drone that's worse than the one it replaced.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was a horrible experience.

• The drone I sent in got repaired.

• Total voters

Paradigm

Reactions
Hi guys, I'm just curious how many here have used it and how it went.

Why,....only kidding.... I used them 3 times the last two times it was the fast swapping. I sent them in within 2 weeks I was back up flying.

i used it for a an original Mavic Pro. I got a different unit. The unit I received was flawless. I sold it to mitigate the cost of the MP2. Buddy still flying it.

Why,....only kidding.... I used them 3 times the last two times it was the fast swapping. I sent them in within 2 weeks I was back up flying.
i thought it was a one-off thing? ie you get one replacement per 12 mth contract and thats it/

Der DJI CARE REFRESH Vertrag gilt nur für ein Jahr. Ich hatte in diesem Zeitraum zwei Unfälle mit meiner Drohne, und diese wurde innerhalb von 14 Tagen gegen eine neue Drohne ausgetauscht. Ich kann deshalb Care Refresh, speziell für Pilotenanfänger bestens empfehlen.

Der DJI CARE REFRESH Vertrag gilt nur für ein Jahr. Ich hatte in diesem Zeitraum zwei Unfälle mit meiner Drohne, und diese wurde innerhalb von 14 Tagen gegen eine neue Drohne ausgetauscht. Ich kann deshalb Care Refresh, speziell für Pilotenanfänger bestens empfehlen.

fyi - translated
The DJI CARE REFRESH contract is only valid for one year. During this period, I had two drone accidents and was replaced by a new drone within 14 days. That's why I highly recommend Care Refresh, especially for novice pilots.

I'll update once I'm through the process.

I'm glad to see everyone having good experiences with it.

The MPP was replaced 2 times, yes... a year apart and 1 was for the Mavic Air. So In one year I had the MA refreshed and 1 month after that MA replacement i had the MPP replaced again... so I'm on my 3rd MPP and my 2nd MA.

So my experience quickly soured.

To repair the drone it's slightly more than the replacement fee, so I will just replace it.

Now, for the kicker. For me to upgrade to 2nd day shipping, they want $150 just for shipping!

This is from California to the East Coast. I've shipped much bigger and heavier objects than a drone for far less. It's 100% a ripoff.

So 5 days ground for it to get to California, 3 days before they can look at it, then a few days to replace it and 5 more days at least for them to ship it back. Pretty ****** that they don't tell you shipping is way overpriced when you buy the DJI Care Refresh.

I just used the service.
Worked well. I did not go through the review process. I paid, I think, 119 USD. They sent a new MP2 once they received mine.

Has anyone from Australia used this service? I plan on getting it with my new drone I'm picking up soon and just wondering what the response rate is like?

So I received my replacement drone and I think I can give a review of the DJI Refresh Service.

First off, the claim creating process can be unclear at times. It's not exactly written in the most concise and precise language. There is some ambiguity involved and it's not clear what the best route is, in terms of answers, given what your goal is - be it full replacement, the fastest service, etc.

They do have an online chat option. I found it to be very fast. I did it once and I got connected right away. The person on the other end was cordial, but if you've had to deal with Indian, or similar, support people you kinda get the idea what you're in for. They stick to the script and when you ask a question that requires someone off of the script, you don't get an answer.

For example, ground shipping is free. It has to be shipped ground if there's a battery involved, for some reason. Maybe because it's a used batter? I was in a situation where there was no battery being shipped and I decided to ask for expedited shipping back to me. It takes roughly 5 days per trip, minimum, to go across the country, so I wanted to pay the $25 or so to get it back quicker in a few days.

So ground is free and guess how much their slowest expedited shipping is? $150.

That's insane and I asked them why. I know that's a **** rate. I've shipped numerous packages across the country and 3 day shipping never cost that much. Even for bigger heavier objects.

I got no answers. They simply couldn't tell me why.

Anyway, I got my drone finally after not having it for maybe 15 days or so. First thing I did was run the serial number to see the build date. It's build date is last month. It appears brand brand new. No wear anywhere, no paint off the screws. All stickers on. Everything as new.

My damaged drone was purchased at the end of December and it had an October build date.

I haven't done much flying with it yet, but from the few flights I've had, it seems slower than I remember it being and the signal strength doesn't seem as good. I'm not ruling out the countless other variables, besides the drone itself being different. So I'm not conclusively saying anything and odds are it's in my head.

Overall, I got a drone that appears newer so it wasn't so bad. It did suck having to wait so long and it sucked that they gouge you for shipping. I am going to look into insurance for it, though.

I have used it twice and both times I got anew drone in about thirt 13 or 14 days. It was okay their website was not very goodIt was okay their website was not very good as far as having the right crops as far as having the right prompts so it was a little confusing. State Farm is quite a bit cheaper but I have a feeling after you make one claim they might drop you.

Gotta love the insurance business.

"We're there to take your money until you make a claim... then we out."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drxenon