DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How You Fly From Your Vehicle

Do you have to hold your controller outside the window why flying to avoid interference? How long does it take to acquire satellites?
I fly from my Tundra when it is cold, in the shade (face your vehicle North)! Acquiring sats is a few seconds more. If there is any more interference, it is negligible to me & my MP.

That's funny as I'm starting to fly fron inside my car (here in Belgium) but I'm planning to fly from my boat to (Grand banks 42 classic)... Is your boat a mainship ? So, I will stick to your talks on this forum.

That's funny as I'm starting to fly fron inside my car (here in Belgium) but I'm planning to fly from my boat to (Grand banks 42 classic)... Is your boat a mainship ? So, I will stick to your talks on this forum.
Welcome to the forum bod.
You have me confused , who’s boat are you talking about.

I've sat under the the back hatch lots of times never tried from inside the cab, but gonaa try that now. On the boat note done that many times from a pontoon boat at anchor , never had a problem.

Reactions: dirkclod
I let the drone (original Mavic Pro) take off from the ground near the car, setup active track, put my controller on the dash behind the steering wheel and drive. My car (1972 Citroen DS) has a platform between the steering wheel and the dash where the remote & phone can rest fine as long as I don't steer wildly. This car has a polyester roof which probably does not block radio signal as much as steel so I had no worries there.
Before embarking to Iceland, I had a little fun on the beach in Denmark (yes, this is legal there). In this video I used all active track modes that were available at that time (summer of 2017)

Reactions: pelagic_one
Thanks for your message. About "boat" I'm sorry it's my mistake as that message was for someone else.
Today the weather is perfect in Belgium (it's sooo rare) and it's was like that since 10 days now and we can expect the same weather for the next week... I flew my Mavic Pro and Phantom "3" three times today... it's so good to be "in the air" (i'm retired professional bush pilot (Africa+Middle East).
I wish you nice weather. Bob

I ordered one like that at the same time I ordered that other one but didn’t notice the shipping date. ?
View attachment 97446

Update
Ok it finally arrived and works pretty slick.Now i have 2 options.Thumbswayup
IMG_8162.JPGIMG_8163.JPGIMG_8164.JPGDJI_0285.JPG
I still use my hand held but this works out great in places.have took off with mini by sticking it out window and hand caught it but really need to practice that but have not with my M2P.

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: Thomas B
Works good for what i want and think i like it better than the other one.
Just took several weeks to get here.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman