DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Howdy from Melbourne, Australia.

Rumbaar

Reactions
Had the Mavic 2 Pro for about a week, upgraded from a Phantom 3 Advanced. Was a strange experience not being able to find the DJI Go 4 app on Google Play, and then having to manually download it from DJI. Then next day it's back on the store.

Loving the tracking feature and point of interest mode. Only been able to run a short 20m flight, due to weather conditions. Got the fly more pack, and the props pgytech holders to make sure it's easier to store in the bag. Can't wait to take it out for an extended flight, though the 31m flight time I doubt will ever be achieved. The controller on these runs flat a lot quicker than the PH 3 controllers.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Reactions: Rumbaar
Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob
Thunderdrones

Welcome mate....
Thx Mate!
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup
Thanks, yeah I'm a member of the Phantom forum too. Went there first looking for Mavic area, but found it's a whole separate forum.
Welcome to the forum! :)
Thx!
Welcome! From the AZ desert.
Ah, good drone flyin' area :D
Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob
Thunderdrones
Thx, I'll be sure too!

Thx Mate!
Thanks, yeah I'm a member of the Phantom forum too. Went there first looking for Mavic area, but found it's a whole separate forum.
Thx!
Ah, good drone flyin' area :D
Thx, I'll be sure too!
Didn't you know we have 12 .Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 6.00.03 PM.png:)

Reactions: dirkclod
Ah, nice. Does he have any good flight locations?

My son moved there a couple of years ago, very busy IT tech, but he has drones . . . so he rarely flies his due to work commitments.
Mostly just for a bit of fun when he's up on a mates little acreage Kilmore East on weekends.

I guess just check out the 'Can I Fly There' app, scale out, and see what you can find in a place CASA allows.
I'd say some of the ranges / state forests would be nice inland, perhaps some of the coast away from busy metro beaches . . . or fly them at dawn when no one is around, and the light is best at golden hour.

Vic Nat Parks are off limits, but if very remote I personally don't see what harm or issues a short flight of 10 - 15 mins could cause.
Ditto councils, many of which have bans from taking off or landing on 'their property' inc local parks.

Just remembered, you have had the P3 so you probably know all that :)

My son moved there a couple of years ago, very busy IT tech, but he has drones . . . so he rarely flies his due to work commitments.
Mostly just for a bit of fun when he's up on a mates little acreage Kilmore East on weekends.

Just remembered, you have had the P3 so you probably know all that :)
Nice, I used to live in Wallan many years ago. But still in the north of Melbourne, so have open areas to fly. Thanks for the detailed reply :D , and yeah I mostly don't fly like an idiot, so haven't had much issues anywhere I've flown.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan