DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

Love the pics, especially the second one. Dad was a brakeman (in the days of the caboose) and granddad was an engineer for MKT for 50 years.

Reactions: Johnmcl7
Love the pics, especially the second one. Dad was a brakeman (in the days of the caboose) and granddad was an engineer for MKT for 50 years.

Is that Missouri-Kansas-Texas? The locomotive in the video is an American built EMD and one of the most successful diesel locos here, I love hearing the roar of its engine as it throttles up. It's funny seeing it from the drone as it looks almost like a little toy one rather than being one of the biggest and most powerful trains going here. Then again it probably looks small to you anyway with our small loading gauge, the American freight trains are just something else.

Reactions: Thomas B
Is that Missouri-Kansas-Texas? The locomotive in the video is an American built EMD and one of the most successful diesel locos here, I love hearing the roar of its engine as it throttles up. It's funny seeing it from the drone as it looks almost like a little toy one rather than being one of the biggest and most powerful trains going here. Then again it probably looks small to you anyway with our small loading gauge, the American freight trains are just something else.
Yep MKT, road with from KC, Mo to Galveston, TX. Granddad would actually stop the train impromptu at an intersection with street so I could get on board and go to the roundhouse with him. He did steam, but also drove the first diesel-electric, an Alco RS3, into the state of TX pulling over 7 miles of cars. A lot of found memories of things that could never happen today!

Reactions: Johnmcl7
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.