DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Huawei Mediapad m5 lite 10" - Perfect for Mini2?

photo2be

Reactions
Hi. I just guess that there are quite many of you who have used Huawei mediapad m5 lite 10" for a while now. Pls let me know, should I buy it or not? YES or NO! Does it have compass and does it work w/o crashes. If you DON'T recommend Huawei mediapad m5 lite 10", pls tell me why and if possible what should I buy?
Best from Sweden

Both the 8 and the 10 M5 Work great but I would not be to concerned about the compass .
The go to is still the Ipad but for the price I think you will be happy.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and land on Water.

Hi. I just guess that there are quite many of you who have used Huawei mediapad m5 lite 10" for a while now. Pls let me know, should I buy it or not? YES or NO! Does it have compass and does it work w/o crashes. If you DON'T recommend Huawei mediapad m5 lite 10", pls tell me why and if possible what should I buy?
Best from Sweden
I am using Huawei mediapad M5 ( not lite version) and it is perfect. Be sure that there is compass sensor.

Both the 8 and the 10 M5 Work great but I would not be to concerned about the compass .
The go to is still the Ipad but for the price I think you will be happy.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and land on Water.
MediaPAd M5 8 and 10 "does have compass. MediaPad M5 Lite 8 - does not have compass, 10'version Lite - have compass. (SO do NOT buy MediaPAd Lite 8")

Best from Sweden
I have the M5 lite 8" and it is also a good tablet for the price and can handle both the GO 4 and Fly apps. as it has 3 GB of RAM.

You don't get the compass in the 8" tablet, but I just download an offline map of where I want to fly and I see the blue triangle representing the drone and use that for flying directions.
IF it fails then I'll just stick my phone on the RC and use that. But, I'm quietly confident!

You don't get the compass in the 8" tablet, but I just download an offline map of where I want to fly and I see the blue triangle representing the drone and use that for flying directions.
IF it fails then I'll just stick my phone on the RC and use that. But, I'm quietly confident!
Yogi,

Do you mean that I have to download a new map for every new area I want to fly in? Or switch to phone? No thank you.
Seems that a Huawei 10" will work for my purpose.

Yogi,

Do you mean that I have to download a new map for every new area I want to fly in? Or switch to phone? No thank you.
Seems that a Huawei 10" will work for my purpose.
The 8 " clear version, not the Lite, does have compass, you can take it....

We are not speaking for the blue triangle,.... OK, watch this video, pay attention at time 4:50....

Last edited:
I have the M5 8.4" and it works perfectly, having used it with my Air1 and now my Mini 2. Not too sure about the compass part of it though as I have never needed this facility as I always keep an eye on where my drone is relative to home point and if I can't pinpoint it accurately I just initiate RTH until in sight then pick up where I left off. Brilliant tablet and in my opinion so much better value than Apple and I personally hate the wy Apple locks everything down and their security measures are a joke as is their file system and saving stuff to the cloud. Give me Windows and Android any day. Must add this is my personal opinion and I realise that there are millions of people who love Apple products. Buy Huawei and you won't go wrong.

Reactions: Peshoa and Yogi053
I have the M5 8.4" and it works perfectly, having used it with my Air1 and now my Mini 2. Not too sure about the compass part of it though as I have never needed this facility as I always keep an eye on where my drone is relative to home point and if I can't pinpoint it accurately I just initiate RTH until in sight then pick up where I left off. Brilliant tablet and in my opinion so much better value than Apple and I personally hate the wy Apple locks everything down and their security measures are a joke as is their file system and saving stuff to the cloud. Give me Windows and Android any day. Must add this is my personal opinion and I realise that there are millions of people who love Apple products. Buy Huawei and you won't go wrong.
You mean you fly for fun and stay within the regulations like me! Well! I never!
( Tongue firmly in cheek).

• Haha
Reactions: eckydrone200
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_