DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Huge dilemma with DJI return home policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
what I'm having trouble understanding is that you already had a Spark? Do you get the full battery time as advertised? Full distance? you must've already been experienced on how the battery level on the app works and how it can suddenly drop due to other factors.

But if a drone fails to trigger some sort of autopilot mechanism with 51% battery at 13 minutes
It did. You cancelled it. Your problem.

How about the app when I fly it?
If you used it it means you were OK with whatever you were shown - until you did something stupid and now bring that as argument to try and put the fault somewhere else.

cars are out there since ages and there are certain regulation in place and many other things.

Drones are relatively new to the public. It's still a grey market.
Nope, there are clear regulations for that too and you violated them becasue you didn't even look if there were any.
With the proof you posted in this thread you can actually probably end in jail exactly like people who got caught because they posted videos/photos of them driving at 250km/h.

I actually hope DJI report you especially if you're being an *** and doing a chargeback.

Also, this just occurred to me. If they did not have a manual in your language, and it was such a big deal to you, why did you spend the 1300? o_O

Because I was captured by the super video I have seen. Many to be fair. When super messages such as 30 minutes battery, 7km flight and so on made me feel to happy to buy. Video of comparison of people flying it and push it to above they limit I did when I lost it. I wonder why this didn't happen to them. I didn't do any particular maneuver I was just pushing the stick ahead expecting that when everything went wrong some amazing beeping would have brought it back to home. Which didn't happen.

Yes I learnt and after watching plenty of tutorials I finally bought a Mavic Pro Platinum, even better than Mavic Pro on paper. Distance, battery performance, noise reduction. Now I would like to assume that I didn't even pushed it to max distance advertised and this thing doesn't come back home even after pressing repeatedly the return home button?

what I'm having trouble understanding is that you already had a Spark? Do you get the full battery time as advertised? Full distance? you must've already been experienced on how the battery level on the app works and how it can suddenly drop due to other factors.

Can't go too far, no? CE specs says 500m. Otherwise I am quite certain even that would have been lost by now. :p

Yes I learnt and after watching plenty of tutorials I finally bought a Mavic Pro Platinum, even better than Mavic Pro on paper. Distance, battery performance, noise reduction. Now I would like to assume that I didn't even pushed it to max distance advertised and this thing doesn't come back home even after pressing repeatedly the return home button?

Ummm, I am curious as to what exactly you learnt? Going by this thread, I don't think you have learnt as much as you think you have. Here is an example: RTH is not triggered by REPEATEDLY pressing on the button. You need to press and hold for a second. It will then beep and the controller will reflect that RTH is in effect. Where do you get this information? Read. The. F*$%^*&*. Manual. Or watch more videos.

It is good that its only drone sometimes people try to dry cat in microwaveowen. Because manufacturer not told them not to do this...
Actually now iam understand why DJI do not want add full manual mode similar to atti despite all asks on forum.

Video of comparison of people flying it and push it to above they limit I did when I lost it. I wonder why this didn't happen to them. I didn't do any particular maneuver I was just pushing the stick ahead expecting that when everything went wrong some amazing beeping would have brought it back to home. Which didn't happen.

1. I don't know of ONE DJI video where people push it to the limit. Most of them have the Mavic in VLOS.
2. And yes, that is the *** **** problem. You did not know what the ***** you were doing. Something would definitely go wrong.
3. Please get the point.

Last edited by a moderator:
True. So I expect DJI to set the default distance of the targeted country and when the pilot goes to modify them it will give the message:"If you edit this setting you may have legal problem in country". Let's see how many they sell them. This is about me owner and DJI official specs not my country regulation on flights.

True. So I expect DJI to set the default distance of the targeted country and when the pilot goes to modify them it will give the message:"If you edit this setting you may have legal problem in country". Let's see how many they sell them. This is about me owner and DJI official specs not my country regulation on flights.

Mr. WhateverYourNameIs, the default distance is for a region is set in the transmit distance of the antenna. It is not something that you can toggle on/off in the app. And to know that, you need to RTFM.

*and I still don't know why I try*

10K City:

6.1km Over sea:

7km Country side (pretty much similar to my area):

And there many many many other...

1. I don't know of ONE DJI video where people push it to the limit. Most of them have the Mavic in VLOS.

And there many many many other...
And they are not made by DJI, i.e. it's not an advertisement. They've been done by people, and the fact they all managed to get their aircraft back confirms the problem is not with the product.

Reactions: LongRifle and Scobo
Are you reading Mavic DJI on the screen? Doesn't this app look familiar to you?
I think you are abusing of the term stupid to people before taking in account that DJI wants to sell the drone with certain specs and among these people there are people who want to push the drone within they limits they are given.
Now, if you are not one of those, don't feel smart. You are simply a person who doesn't have the guts to discover things. Who likes to be in his comfort zone, closed in a box and good at pointing the finger to other people's stupidity.
I wasn't going above any limits set by DJI.
If I go above limit sets by my country then if something happen we'll go to court and they will say.
Mr Bello Dentro you were flying your drone out of the consented distances by law. You will pay x amount of € or spend 3 months in jail".
In this case DJI I told me:"Hey me old china, (which is not a racist insult but it means mate, china plate, in **** riming and also suitable for the case being the company Chinese), you know you are buying from the best drone company in the world? Mate you know our technology is the most advanced? Mate you know that this drone is easy to fly, even for a stupid, according to mr adwaraki, like you? Hey read the specs and you will be amazing about the performances you can reach with our monster drone". Well, I didn't.

**** bro just give it up already. Just admit you effed up. U shouldnt have canceled rth. And should have already known that because of where you live you will not get the max transmission range. (Ce).... you're just lucky that this thing did not fall on a car or someone's head. I would count your blessings and chalk it up to a loss. And if you do get another DJI drone read the whole manual front to back this is one of those things where you do have to read the manual! Good luck man

Appreciate your reply and you effort.
Let's see if DJI will take me to court after charging back the payment to the credit card company after sending them all the conversation with the company I have in end.
No Mike4884, would have you at least gone to the customer and said. Mate let's do 50-50 on your next drone, but please be careful when you fly it, or get you a refund of the 50%.
You see, I have no pleasure at all in buying something that allows me to see with a super zoom camera. I want to fly high and far as advertised by them.

I seen a video of a guy in Europe saying how the range is much lower than in the U.S. Apparently he figured out how to trick the Mavic into believing it was in the U.S. therefore extending the range.

Reactions: abellodentro
I think it’s time for the OP to give up. Most new flyers won’t dare fly their $1000+ drone out of VLOS within a short time of getting it. People need to be familiar with how their drone bahaves before taking it to its limit. So you read that it can go 7km on paper. But you ignored the multiple messages that it might not have enough battery to return home?
I think most of us would’ve abort such attempts when we first see these short of message. Let the drone return as soon as possible, at least within VLOS. Then maybe try again another time, other place.
I think if you hadn’t been that stubborn about your entitlement, someone here might have been nice enough to use the flight log to determine a rough location where it might have landed for you to retrieve it. It’s hard to want to help someone who is not prepared to learn from their mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661