DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hyperlapse in explore mode?

americandronecompany

Reactions
Hello folks
I would like to know if the zoom/explore mode works with hyperlapse. I just started playing with hyperlapse and still learning the settings. Please advice.

To my GREAT disappointment, I found that in explore mode, NONE of the program flights work. This is a Terrible lack. I can only hope this is a software issue to be addressed in an update.
Has anyone found a workaround to this? Does they work with the RC Pro? I am using the RC1.

To my GREAT disappointment, I found that in explore mode, NONE of the program flights work. This is a Terrible lack. I can only hope this is a software issue to be addressed in an update.
Has anyone found a workaround to this? Does they work with the RC Pro? I am using the RC1.
RC Pro has same app functions as RC1. No explore mode in hyperlapse. I tested it yesterday

Hyperlapses are easily created manually, and converted to a movie in any video editor.

How do you shoot with the zoom?
By zoom, I assume you actually mean the fixed 7x telephoto lens?
In any case, pick your shot interval and just keeping clicking the shutter while you fly along. Then, combine the images into a hyperlapse movie in your favorite video editing program.

By zoom, I assume you actually mean the fixed 7x telephoto lens?
In any case, pick your shot interval and just keeping clicking the shutter while you fly along. Then, combine the images into a hyperlapse movie in your favorite video editing program.
This manual method works perfect only in Cine mode, correct?
Otherwise it will be quite hard to maintain speed/smoothness during the flight.

This manual method works perfect only in Cine mode, correct?
Otherwise it will be quite hard to maintain speed/smoothness during the flight.
The method "works" in any mode. What speed you choose to fly at entirely depends upon the hyperlapse you want to create. Maintaining speed and smoothness can be done in any mode with the appropriate stick settings. You could even use a metronome to exactly time the manual shot intervals.

Is this still the case? You can't hyperlapse from the explore mode?
Haven't tried it, but you now have access to both cameras in Normal mode. Select either 1x or 7x on screen, and proceed from there, rather than the Explore mode.

Reactions: bkushner
How do you shoot 700 frames one by one manually? No thanks.
Why would you need to shoot them manually? In Normal mode, you have access to either the 1x 4/3 camera or the 7x telephoto. Are you suggesting you can't shoot a hyperlapse with the 7x telephoto in Normal mode?

How do I take a shot every couple seconds manually? I have to hit the shutter the whole time no?

This should help you get started. Uploaded last week.
DJI Mavic 3: Beginner's Guide to Drone Hyperlapse
I know how to do a hyperlapse. The issue was doing a hyperlapse while in the Explore/Zoom mode. You can't do the automated version explained here.

I know how to do a hyperlapse. The issue was doing a hyperlapse while in the Explore/Zoom mode. You can't do the automated version explained here.
Have you tried it in the Normal mode on the 7x camera? Are you saying it won't work?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78