DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I added a second battery to the controller

droneuser

Reactions
controller 1.JPG I have notice the battery In the controller drops fast well I think it does so I added other battery to the controller I bought one of those battery bank that you can buy to charge cell phones with. I used Velcro to hold the battery bank in place

bought a 5,000mah with a display that tells me how much of a charge it has and it has two usb ports on it. I plug it in on the side of the controller. my ipad mini 4 is plug in on the bottom usb on the controller

so when I am flying the battery bank charges the controller as I fly
smile.gif

I have 3 batteries for the mavic :) so I need the controller charge up as much as I can :)

Last edited:
View attachment 32873 I have notice the battery In the controller drops fast well I think it does so I added other battery to the controller I bought one of those battery bank that you can buy to charge cell phones with. I used Velcro to hold the battery bank in place

bought a 5,000mah with a display that tells me how much of a charge it has and it has two usb ports on it. I plug it in on the side of the controller. my ipad is plug in on the bottom usb on the controller

so when I am flying the battery bank charges the controller as I fly
smile.gif

I have 3 batteries for the mavic :) so I need the controller charge up as much as I can :)
Brilliant idea!! I think I'm going to order one right now. I bought the fly more combo and I plan on running through all 3 batteries in one sitting

as for having two plugs into the controller I haven't notice any problems I get video just fine. I cant test more in till the weather gets better around here :(

I bought the battery bank at Wal-Mart I will find a link :)

I got my cause I was walking around Wal-Mart and saw it..lol and thought hum lets try it

Lots and lots of threads on this. It charges your phone at the same time too...
I have a solar battery bank, but the solar charge is very slow.

you mean controller charges the phone? if that's what you mean I have an ipad mini 4 and it doesn't do that

Fruity products don't have this ability. Strictly an Android only feature.....

lol ohh ok that's good to know! I have a friend that was thinking about using his android phone when he gets his I will pass the info to him so he is aware of this

Reactions: Simmo
it just seems to me the battery gets low pretty fast in the controller and I have 3 batteries for the mavic but I was wondering to how much does the signal output of the controller drop as the controller battery gets lower? maybe it doesn't or battery has to be very low before it does

There's a graph on here somewhere, that shows the remarkably quick drop off of a lipo as it reaches the end of its charge. With out my solar bank, I dont trust my RC after two AC batteries.

well that confirms I am not seeing things then! lol I thought it did!

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
I have 3 batteries wit my mavic and the controller drops to only 65% when used all 3. I'm not 100% sure but You could damage your controllers battery if You'll be constantly charging it full. Batteries need to be fully discharged every now and then.

as with any battery discharging it every now and then is a good thing to do.so if a person does that it shouldn't hurt the battery I think my was lower then 65 hum I will have to check it again..

also I would assume the signal output (from the antennas) of the remote would be the same as if the battery was at 100 percent.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom